Monday, October 31, 2011
Posted by Vanessa at 9:05 PM .
Every year at work we dress up and have a fun lil party and costume contest, I usually never go all out for Halloween, but I do love holidays in general so I do tend to get festive for the sake of it; so this year I decided to go crazy with makeup and do a zombie look (and then added the school girl flare). The contacts really make the costume in my opinion. :) It was pretty funny getting weird and fearful looks, and scaring my co-workers! LOL!
It's always cool seeing the other costumes too, and above all, seeing all the creativity involved. There was Jack Sparrow (I loved his costume!), a cowgirl, a cute sumo wrestler, Jessica Rabbit, a Rubik's cube, Audrey Hepburn, Lara Croft, a gypsy, Black Swan, a devil, Steve Jobs, a pirate, and a referee.
Here are the products I used:
- Ben Nye Scar Wax (for the forehead wound), applied it with Ben Nye Spirit Gum
- Used Ben Nye Cuts and Abrasions Wheel for all the "bruised" areas to add more depth
- Added fake theatrical blood on the wound (forehead)
- For the eye, I used a zipper from Jo-Ann's and cut it to size
- Shaded it in with a red Sephora chunky pencil, then the red color in the Ben Nye Cuts and Abrasions Wheel. I shaded the bottom with MAC e/s in "Carbon", then put a tiny bit of fake blood on top.
- Used MAC l/s in "Fleshpot" for dead looking lips
- Stitches tattoos from Walmart
- For Zombie teeth, I used Ben Nye Tooth Paint in Zombie Rot (Green color) and Black