Monday, January 31, 2011
What it is: A lightweight, oil-free moisturizer which restores the moisture balance of your skin while controlling shine. Non-comedogenic, Equilibrio normalizes skin, hydrating where necessary, leaving skin with a velvety, matte complexion.
Has witch hazel, rosemary, and white birch to capture excess oil and has Acqua di Vita complex to hydrate dry areas to leave skin balanced.
My experience with this product: I use this moisturizer before applying CuraForte Moisturizer Intensifier, in the morning and after I shower, and it keeps my skin smooth throughout the day without having to reapply and without feeling oily or greasy. Doesn't break me out at all and I love the pump bottle which makes it easy to apply, keeps it sanitary, and no product is wasted. I was using Korres Yogurt Moisturizer, which is around $30 a pop but it didn't last me long and found myself buying a new one every month or a few weeks, this one costs a little more but contains more product and so far is lasting me a long time (I already had it for 2 months now and still have a lot left in the bottle!)
What it is: A lightweight formula that intensifies and maximizes the skin's capacity to hold moisture by 200%. It softens and lifts dull surface cells allowing the benefits of moisturizers to penetrate easily and perform at their optimum. Surface fine lines and wrinkles decrease up to 70% within 11 days. Improves skin tone and clarity.
My experience: I use this after I apply my Borghese Equalizing Moisturizer, and it keeps my skin more supple, and I noticed that my skin feels more moisturized, lasting all day without any re-application. The best part about their skin products is that they don't feel greasy, or oily, they literally sink into your skin and not just keep it moisturized, but my skin feels more even and soft, so not only does it help dry skin- it also improves your skin. The only gripe I have is that it is a bit pricey, but it does last a long time, and if you are like me where you find yourself always looking for a new moisturizer or repurchasing your go-to one, it might be a savings in the end.
What it is: While you sleep, return Normal-Dry or Very Dry skin to a comfortable, balanced and healthy state. This rich nighttime treatment encourages cell turnover, sweeping away dullness and impurities while revealing radiant skin. Non pore-clogging, good for sensitive skin. Also contains the acqua di vita complex to sweep away dullness.
My experience: Out of the 4 products, this one is my FAVORITE. I am a fan for moisturizers that you can apply at night, and does the work while you sleep. I love putting this before bedtime or after a shower and letting it just seep into my skin. I wake up with baby soft skin making makeup application so easy and everything just goes on smooth. It literally leaves you skin feeling and looking flawless. And smells amazing! And this too is lasting me a long time, it has definitely changed my skin for the better. I used to have patches of dry skin and this totally helped!
What it is: A multi-purpose mask that helps nourish and replenish skin with vital marine nutrients and Borghese’s signature Acqua di Vita® Complex. It helps protect against environmental damage while soothing stressed or dehydrated skin with a cooling sensation. Reduces redness as well as inflammation and irritation of the skin. Concentrated minerals and micronutrients replenish and re-mineralize dull, depleted skin. Softens, smoothes and enhances elasticity of the skin for a younger, healthier, more luminous complexion.
*This also comes in a tub form, so I am really happy it's now available in a tube- and at HALF the cost!
My experience: I love masks, but to be honest I rarely reach for them. But because this is in a tube and total time is 5 minutes, it makes it super easy to use. The cream is white straight from the tube, but turns a light blue when you apply it on your face as it has little micro beads. It has kaolin to help clean and purify and fights against inflammation of the skin. I just apply, leave on for 5 minute and rinse off. It was a nice feeling on my skin because I am used to masks being so drying to take out any excess oil, but this was nice because after rinsing, you can feel your skin is more refreshed. readmore »»
Thursday, January 27, 2011
Product: 3 out of 5
Taste: 4 out of 5
Packaging: 2 out of 5
Overall: 3 out of 5
Available on: www.dentisse.com, $14.99 (they also have a toothpaste and a lip balm)
I was sent this product to try out, after I was interested in trying new mouthwashes on the market; and it's described as: Dentisse Natural Solution is an alcohol-free oral rinse (mouthwash), which contains Aloe Vera, Xylitol and a blend of natural oils that attack bacteria that form plaque and cause odor without the burning and drying effects of alcohol, moisturizing the mouth and contains baking soda to neutralize acids.
What they say:
Brush and rinse with Dentisse for just two weeks, and you’ll have...
- noticeably shinier, whiter teeth
- long-lasting fresh breath
- less plaque and tartar buildup
- a smoother, cleaner "mouth feel"
- a more-radiant smile
First impression: The bottle itself was different from other mouthwashes I have encountered as I thought it resembled a shampoo bottle, lol. When I read it had Xylitol, I was a bit confused as it is a natural sweetener often found in gum and wondered if that was counter-productive, but to my surprise Xylitol actually has a lot of health benefits and has been clinically proven to provide oral health benefits, which you can read more about here. And our bodies already produce it! (Learn something new everyday!)
- Nice minty taste. I was scared of the taste before trying it because I thought the baking soda in it would make it taste and feel chalky but not at all! It tasted and smelled like a regular minty fresh mouthwash you may already be accustomed to, but has a more herbal taste to it, and no intense burning sensation.
- Didn't dry out my mouth, made it feel moisturized.
- Has a lot of product to last awhile.
- Cap screws on pretty tight and no leakage as of yet, even during the move! Which is a plus, I hate crappy caps that waste so much product.
- My teeth were noticeably a smidge whiter after 2 weeks of use and mouth felt cleaner.
- They ship outside of the US.
- No measuring mouth cup/cap common in many mouthwashes found at your local drugstore, and I like the convenience of having one as it makes things so much easier and sanitary by avoiding having to sip straight from the bottle or trying to pour it in its cap that's not meant for that. I also like knowing I am using the recommended amount, rather than eyeballing the amount myself, which can either be not enough product to fully utilize it to its true potential, or using too much product, therefore wasting it.
- I am not a fan of the package design. Like I mentioned it looks too much like a shampoo bottle and fear that there is someone out there that's probably gonna mix up the two one day LOL.
- $14.99 is a bit steep for a mouthwash (personally), but it's like hair products, you just pick and choose your battles and some people are willing to pay more for better quality products that work well for them.
- Only available currently on their website, www.dentisse.com and not in any stores at the moment.
It was nice to try it out given my small hesitation initially because it was so different from mouthwashes I was used to seeing in stores (which is a good thing, because you never judge a book by its cover!), but it definitely grabbed by curiosity and I liked the easy-going taste, and the fact it didn't have a crazy burning sensation. I wish products like these were available in brick and mortar stores so that more people have easier access to them. But if you are all for more natural products and trying new things, especially when it comes to oral health, it's something worth trying.
Wednesday, January 26, 2011
Monday, January 10, 2011
- Must purchase online rather than an actual store, some salons carry certain products according to their site/store locator, but not too many options available.
Friday, January 7, 2011
|L to R: Frock Star, Bling It On, Wild Child, and Laced Up|
Wednesday, January 5, 2011
Happy New Year ladies! Sorry i've been slacking this week in posting, everyone's back from vacation so i've been busy catching up at work and because the fiance and I are moving next week (even though I feel like we just moved into our place!), but I am moving to be closer to work since the commute now sorta stinks. So I am sad leaving the home we had so many memories in, but looking forward to making new ones at our new place; which is going to cut my commute from an hour to less than 30 minutes! But I hope you all had a wonderful holiday with loved ones, and toast to the New Year! May 2011 bring lots of luck, happiness, good health, and of course more money wouldn't hurt either! LOL.
Anyway, I had an opportunity to try out a couple of 16 shimmer eyeshadow palettes from www.bornprettystore.com, as well as their sponge bun maker. When I first saw these palettes I was amazed at how colorful they are, and when I swatched them on my hand, they were so pigmented! I've seen random palettes from places that look bright and pigmented, but are far from it when you swatch them, and definitely not the case with these. I wish these palettes came in all neutral colors as well for everyday wear, or even a matte version to switch things up. They also come with sponge-tip applicators.