Monday, October 31, 2011
Posted by Vanessa at 9:05 PM .
Every year at work we dress up and have a fun lil party and costume contest, I usually never go all out for Halloween, but I do love holidays in general so I do tend to get festive for the sake of it; so this year I decided to go crazy with makeup and do a zombie look (and then added the school girl flare). The contacts really make the costume in my opinion. :) It was pretty funny getting weird and fearful looks, and scaring my co-workers! LOL!
It's always cool seeing the other costumes too, and above all, seeing all the creativity involved. There was Jack Sparrow (I loved his costume!), a cowgirl, a cute sumo wrestler, Jessica Rabbit, a Rubik's cube, Audrey Hepburn, Lara Croft, a gypsy, Black Swan, a devil, Steve Jobs, a pirate, and a referee.
Here are the products I used:
- Ben Nye Scar Wax (for the forehead wound), applied it with Ben Nye Spirit Gum
- Used Ben Nye Cuts and Abrasions Wheel for all the "bruised" areas to add more depth
- Added fake theatrical blood on the wound (forehead)
- For the eye, I used a zipper from Jo-Ann's and cut it to size
- Shaded it in with a red Sephora chunky pencil, then the red color in the Ben Nye Cuts and Abrasions Wheel. I shaded the bottom with MAC e/s in "Carbon", then put a tiny bit of fake blood on top.
- Used MAC l/s in "Fleshpot" for dead looking lips
- Stitches tattoos from Walmart
- For Zombie teeth, I used Ben Nye Tooth Paint in Zombie Rot (Green color) and Black readmore »»
Wednesday, October 26, 2011
Posted by Vanessa at 11:32 PM .
Outlined everything with black pencil eyeliner and liquid eyeliner, shaded tears with Mehron Creme Blend stick in White (also used it for the dots and powdered MAC Studio Careblend Pressed Powder in "Medium Dark" on top to tone it down and not make it stark white), and Mehron Aqua Paint Pastel Palette as well as a few MAC eyeshadows.
To cover my real eyebrows, I used Kryolan Eyebrow Wax to cover my real eyebrows, and powdered it on top and drew them in using a black eyeliner. Also used the White Mehron paint to give that reflection look on my lips, and used the black eyeliner again to line my lips. Lipstick used is MAC's Mattene lipstick in "Immodest".readmore »»
Saturday, October 22, 2011
Posted by Vanessa at 11:46 AM .
We still have a lot more things to do (can't wait to do some cake tasting!), but I am confident we can get everything done in time, even though there are times I ask myself "why did I think it was a bright idea to make everything myself?" haha. We are also thinking about making our own centerpieces. But I can happily say I finally got my dress! I love it and I cannot wait to wear it. I plan on wearing it to the grocery store, when I sleep, etc. LOL. Hey, gotta make use of it!
About to do more wedding and halloween errands (since we are having our yearly halloween contest at work), so I will make this short, have a great weekend everyone!