Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Product Review- Kanebo Tiffa Mascara Base from Sasa.com

.

Sorry I was unable to post much yesterday, I've been sick and it's coinciding with my allergies. I took a Benadryl yesterday which KNOCKED me out, so I was able to sleep nicely!

Here is my review on the Tiffa Mascara Base that I got from Sasa.com, someone asked how much shipping was, and I forgot but I think it was around $5 or $6 for me, you can check out Sasa.com for more details. Shipping is relatively fast USUALLY.

Product: 5 out of 5
Wand: 4 out of 5
Overall: 5 out of 5
Price: $11.00

What it is: It's a mascara base you apply BEFORE you apply your mascara, it helps give the illusion of longer lashes when applied with your regular mascara.

Description: It's a transparent base with little tiny fibers, similar to Imju fiberwig. The fibers attach to your natural eyelashes making it seem like you have longer lash hairs. You apply it as you would your regular mascara, and then apply your mascara of choice.

PROS: Does add a bit of length to my lashes, and doesn't make my lashes stiff or clumpy as oppose to just my mascara alone. No odd smell either.

CONS: Be careful not to apply it to closely to the base of your lashes becaue the fibers may get in your eye causing discomfort.

Overall: It's a pretty nifty mascara base, I haven't tried too many mascara bases simply because I don't really care for it sometimes, although I have tried Shiseido (nice but not liking the price), and Lancome's Mascara Base, but this one is actually really nice because it has those "tiny fibers" in comparison to the previously mentioned where it doesn't have any.

The wand:




My bare eyelashes, no base, no mascara:



Just with the Tiffa mascara base:


With the base AND mascara:

23 comments

Tanya said...

Wow, that looks fantastic! I admit the photo of the actual fibers looks a little freaky, but the result is amazing! :)

Tracy Roa said...

great review! looks like it really works! what eyeliner were you using for those pics?

Vanessa said...

Haha I agree Tanya! I was a bit scared at first, but I see how it helps!

Tracy- I was using Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner Pencil in Black as well as their liquid eyeliner over the pencil.

alien man?! said...

:| ... ok i'm totally getting that

MakeupByRenRen said...

hmmm...i'll have to check this out with my imju runs out, it's much cheaper!

i hope you feel better...my allergies are kicking my booty too :( and I had to go home during lunch and take an hour nap!

B said...

Dude, those micro fibers look scary. LOL, but if it works....it works. Your lashes look great!

Get well soon, sweet pea. Now I'm off to NYC tomorrow. Wish you were still there so we could hit up PRO. *sigh* One day, one day.

Hessah said...

wow, that looks good.
The review is really helpful.
I have a mascara base from a German brand called Manhattan, but It smells awful. I might try this one :)

mayaari said...

nice review - I'll have to remember this item whenever I place an order on sasa :)

Aradani said...

I was waiting for this review! thank you very much for doing it. now I really want to try the stuff

XPPINKXX said...

the fibers look like pubies! =P...anywho i had a question regarding orders on sasa...i went to HK and they have one at least on every block i love that place...its my heaven and its wayyyy better then sephora. But my question is how reliable is the shipping and did you get all your products at the same time...i am about to place my order of 27 products!!!...let me know !!!

josephine siu said...

I've seen Sasa when I travel to China each year, but never really liked anything I saw.

But. Geez. Those fibers are pretty freaky! I think I'll be happy with just two coats of my Faux Lash [; haha

Hope you feel better!

the Muse said...

yay I heart Tiffa :)

I love love love the dual shadow and the gloss!

The new spring collection looks amazing! I was just blogging about it a few days ago!

Your lashes like awesome!

the Muse said...

btw vaguely shocked they charged good retail as Sasa jacks it US side.

It retails for 1050 yen so you got yourself an equal!

Cool! I should order my tiffa from Sasa for that price! Saves me airmail fees!

w00t!

♡ Nic Nic ♡ said...

great results!... but the little fibers look a little scary lol.

ilurvemakeup said...

Ewww mascara fibers looked like pubes that got some lurvin lol :o

Anonymous said...

Wow that looks amazing!!! I need to get myself one of those lol how much was it?

AskMeWhats said...

Hi Vanessa, thanks for this! I've ordered at Sasa lots of times but I never planned to order those mascara bases or even mascaras, as I never seen them here most of the products they sell. Thanks for this review, I may want one when I order again :D

Vanessa said...

valerie- I listed the price in this post its $11.00 on sasa.com

Nikkia Chanel said...

Great post! Wow your lashes look amazing!!!! I so want to try this out. Do you now if it is contact safe?
Thanks for sharing
(~_~)

Unknown said...

What a nice find! I'm gonna hafta try it out :) Thanks!!

TheDaughterOfTyr said...

Looks like it works! I personally don't need any extra length on my lashes but I know some ladies that do, I'll send them this way so they can see for themselves.

Anonymous said...

This product is out of stock in sasa :(((
Do you know another online store (int. ship.)or another fiber mascara base ???

PinkHana said...

Hi, all these reviews got me intrested in sasa.com so I just placed a big order, now I'm reading alot of people saying the website is terrible and really slow. I just ordered some supplements and health products that I need quickly *and lots of fun stuff too :) * and I was wondering How long did your order take to arrive? Anything i should be worried about ordering from them? thanks and nice blog <3

*** www.pinkhanalenses.blogspot.com ***

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter