Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Monday, July 21, 2008

Melody's Makeup Outlet Partay!

.

Melody's Makeup Outlet
11 South 2nd St.
Alhambra, CA 91801
(626) 281-7707
(Tell them Vanessa from NessasaryMakeup sent ya to get yourself a discount!)

They have discounted items from well-known brands: MAC, Too-Faced, Smashbox, Shiseido, Shu Uemura, and more!


This past saturday, Melody's Makeup Outlet in Alhambra was fully staffed gearing to open their doors for the freebies they were giving out (which was NYX cosmetics and some false eyelashes), I went there and met up with Anne and met Miss Jaclyn Rose for the first time! I have known this girl online for a little over a year via MySpace, and we finally met! It was a true pleasure meeting her, she is so cute and super sweet in person!



The place was packed and there were so many people checking out the goods. I was being good since I am on a no-buy until August 1st because I am trying to discipline myself to be "good", and so far so good! Since I dropped $430 on the BF's new iPhone 3G (had to pay more to break his contract), that I was trying to recover by not buying anything I don't need. So essentially, I chatted with Anne and Jaclyn while THEY shopped, but actually walked out with NOTHING (shocker!). Even the BF didn't believe me and did a quick bag check to see if I tried to hide something in my purse, LOL.

We took a pic with the owners, of course who are so nice and now good friends and it was overall a pretty fun night! Parking was super hard to find since there was also a fair going on, but we managed to find a spot. Afterwards, we ALL went to have dinner at Noodle Planet (or Noodle World) with Anne, her BF, my BF, and Jaclyn. She wasn't the 5th wheel since she was MY date, I made my BF be the 5th wheel, LOL.

We had a lot of fun having girl chat, getting to know her and her family, her adorable boys, and just random things. We exchanged numbers and you can bet we are slowly forming a beauty blog clique! We will definitely hang out again!

Owner Rob taking a smoking break outside with us (none of us smoke, haha)


Group pic! Did I feel like a ginormous giant? Yes. :)

25 comments

♡ Nic Nic ♡ said...

that is so cool that you actually befriended the owner xD

i think there will be thousands of NessasaryMakeup readers floggin' to that shop (and Anne's too) LOL.

well done on resisting! I'm also on no-makeup buy too for indefinitely, i dont know how long i'll last!

I think it's very sweet of you to sacrifice your love of makeup for your bf's iphone! lol. he'll have to sacrifice something in return eh? ;)

L said...

HOW FREAKINNNN' FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you and everyone else back home are makin me miss cali on the super level.

♔Jaimie said...

You guys all look cute. Looks like you had a good time. I wish we had one of those in Georgia.

Anonymous said...

aww..looks fun. wished i was in so cal. oh well...i need to discipline myself also. great job though! :)

Anonymous said...

everyone looks amazing! :) seeing pics of the other bloggers makes me feel like im reading a paparazi website! LOL. :)

yummy411 said...

aww how sweet.. all of you met up! love it!

tuniez83 said...

wow, this's so wonderful. nice outlet, full of stuffs .
i really wanna play around

nai nai said...

looks like you gals had great fun! i am so wishing for a local equivalent of melody's makeup outlet =[

Tracy Roa said...

looks like you all had fun! hopefully, i'll be able to check out that store soon. i'm seriously trying not to buy anything until i pay of my credit card. it sucks!

Ethereal Prey said...

*cries* make up party?! And I didn't get to go...QQ Damn I wish I was in calli now! I'll just have to post more foodie pics in the meantime!

Ginny said...

looks like you guys had a lot of fun. too bad i dont live down south to shop at this awesome store!!!

Par said...

Thats a pretty looking shop.

AskMeWhats said...

you looked lovely just the way you are! Don't even think you're a ginormous giant! LOL But that's a funny term though :D

Alyson @ The Gloss Menagerie said...

Awww! Looks like so much fun! I'd love to hang out with you girls sometime (sorry if that sounds stalkerish lol)...I'm relatively in the area. :)

Jaclyn Rose said...

haha, nessa.. love the paparazzi style pic! lol..

and for sure we gotta use those numbers we exchanged. you know i hung out with christiana today. when are we all going to get together again?

Anonymous said...

i didn't know you were so tall! i'm only 5'1 *tear* oh, i got your stuff honey! thank you so much. you're the best. i love the freebies =) can't wait to use them. if you have a makeup alley account, let me know so i can leave you a token =)

iamgrape1119 said...

Hey Nessa! I know you get this a lot, but if you'd like, please check out my blog, I've nominated you with that award! :D

Ahleessa said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! :)

Anonymous said...

I am jealous that there is a jewel of a shop like this and not near me! I'm on the hunt for something within the Seattle area. The closest CCO is in Marysville which is about a 45 min drive away from me. This looked like a fun event and hopefully the next time I'm down there, I'll be able to stop by!

Rhondalei
www.xanga.com/mizleilei

christy kimchee. said...

looked like sooo much fun ): i wish i lived there boo

Aya said...

You all look so pretty! I wish I could hang out too ;) Are you gonna go back to get anything?

Fabuless Beauty said...

I have to check out this place...once my no-buy is over!

Cinthia Truong said...

wow, you're so tall!! That's so cool that you gals actually meet and befriend in real life. I wish I could meet you gals in person one day. You all seem so fun and down to earth!

na said...

Cool! I'll have to stop by and take a look sometime.

suzie wuzie said...

it's so nice to have a group of friends that share the love of makeup :) wish we had a store here in oz

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter