Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Monday, February 2, 2009

New Product: Sally Hansen Nail Art Pens

.

WOW did anyone watch "Gossip Girl"???!! Lonely boy Dan Humphrey with the teacher!?? That is craziness! I just absolutely love Blair Waldorf!



Anyway, I went to Longs Drugs about a week ago to get some Valentine's Day chocolate covered marshmallow hearts (I get them every year as a tradition since my mom would get them for me as a kid!) and then I ran into the Sally Hansen section and found these new Nail Art Pens which is AWESOME for nail art! I go to the salon sometimes and they charge $3-$5 just to add a tiny flower on like ONE nail, LOL! So why not let your creative side out and decorate your nails??!

They are very easy to use, they have a fine nail tip for intricate and small designs or even a nice line across the nail like a French Manicure. Longs had/has them on sale for $5.99, Walgreens has them too for $7.99 but all the Walgreens I went to were sold out.

Product:
5 out of 5
Packaging: 5 out of 5
Quality: 5 out of 5
Overall: 5 out of 5
Would I buy again? YES
Where to buy: They are fairly new, so they still have yet to hit most drugstores, but so far Longs and Walgreens are the places I have seen them at...
Price: Regularly they are around $7-$8, on sale for $5.99 at Longs
Colors I bought: Black, Silver, Gold, and Light Pink
Also comes in: Red, Blue, Hot Pink, and White

PROS:

- Innovative, unique, cheap, and easy to use! There are many nail pens out there, but in regards to convenience this is definitely #1 as these will be hitting many drugstores soon. Also Sally Hansen is known for her nail products, so this is a hit!
- Exactly a nailpolish, same smell, consistency, etc, just in a pen form
- Has a decent amount of colors to choose from
- Nice fine tip to create nice detailed designs
- Easy to carry around for touch ups

CONS:

- Right now they have a decent selection of colors; I hope they come out with a full array of colors like green, yellow, etc....other than that I love it!

Overall?
These are just awesome to have!







First painted my nails using "Pink Flame" from Color Club:


Forgive my crappy looking cuticles and nails, I didn't clean it up much yet, but wanted to show you a quick design so you can get an idea...




Another example of what you can do, create a solid color line under your french tip for a little "pop" of color:

39 comments

Lena Sophia said...

Your nails are absolutely adorable!! I'm so glad that they came out with those because I used to make polk dots with a toothpick. >_>

Sofia said...

I saw those the other day :D can u also use them to paint ur nails???

sofiacam1905@gmail.com

:D

iamgrape1119 said...

WOW! How nifty! Thanks for the review! I will definitely go pick some up! I love the pink/black poka dots.

I miss your FOTDs....

Julienne said...

Wow, your nails look great!! I saw an ad for these in a magazine before, but could never find them. I want these bad now, hehe.

Vanessa said...

Hi Sofee! How are you? I think it may be hard to use it to paint the entire nail because the nail tip itself is a fine point, so it may be tedious to cover the entire nail, but Sally Hansen as well as other brands have nail pens with a tiny brush similar to those of some lipgloss wands that DO paint the entire nail and are specifically for that. These are just to create tiny designs on the nails...

ruby14 said...

i love it great ideas i would check these out

Anonymous said...

omgod, those are so cool. i wodner if they have them here in aus..

smilecusiluvu said...

I bought these last week and they are great! the only thing I would have to say is I cant switch hands and design my left hand.. I have no left hand cordination what so ever.. haha but then thats not the pen's fault so over all its great to use at home =)

My Everyday♥ said...

gossip girl was so heartbreaking -.-

ahaha thanks for the review on the nails thing. i shall go get some myself :]

kae said...

hey thats cool! i cant wait to see what designs you come up with! maybe you could draw little lipglasses on your nails. hahah

josephine siu said...

I loove polka dots! And I loove gossip girl!

Dan is turning out to be such a pig! And that teacher is soo ugh. I feel bad for Serena. And I absolutely loove Blair. Her style is soo cute.

AskMeWhats said...

these are great inventions!!! :) I wish we have them down here too :) great looking nails you got :)

Anna said...

I love the black on pink. So cute!

I saw these at my Walgreens and never really thought about getting them. I think I'll try them out. Thanks for the review!

MzUnicaHija19 said...

Whoa! Those are brilliant!
Thanks for reviewing them!!

Anonymous said...

I saw an ad for these in Cosmo magazine and it says it's water-based or something, so if you make a mistake you can just wipe it off or something? Is that true?

Otherwise, your nails look really cute! (:

Unknown said...

WoW! They are awesome, think I'll have to purchase some of these! =)

Rai said...

I saw Gossip Girls. I knew that would end up happening!!

Cute nails.

A. Rose said...

I've got to get my hands on these!! I doubt my nails will look like yours, but practice makes perfect. Thanks for sharing! :)

MakeupByRenRen said...

wow your nails look so professional with those pens, much easier than the tiny nail polishes with the brushes...i'm going to cop some!

Jenn said...

I saw these at the drugstore and was tempted to get them but I know I'm a klutz at nail art. Although, I like your french manicure tip design so I may have to try and find them again.

sab said...

oohhhh! these are amazing! :) love love your nails!

Specialkalle said...

I saw these @ the store, and I'm just waiting for them to go on sale or do a buy one get one free thing.

Unknown said...

How cute! I love your polka dot nails. Def gotta try that some time (:

Anonymous said...

Those are so cool. Love your nails, so pretty!

Janelle said...

Hey Vanessa! Thanks for stopping by my blog. :)

Your nails are so cute! I haven't been paying much attention to my nails lately, but you've inspired me to whip them back into shape hehe.

julie said...

I saw those in the 17 magazine and I really want them!!! Yours nails looks great!

Anonymous said...

I bought one last week (hot pink) and used it to make pink French Tips. The downside? Try as I might, they CRACKED. I colored my tips, let it dry (they dry very fast, I might add), and then when I looked down after putting on a clear top coat...7 or 8 out of 10 had cracks running through the pink. Very odd. I don't know if I didn't let it dry enough or what. My suspicion is that the paint isn't flexible enough for natural nails. So it might be fine for designs, but over larger areas it can't hold up.

Ahleessa said...

Oh the pen is so cool! I want!!! :)

izumi said...

your nails are CUTE! i especially love the french tip remixed version ;)

pinksmOoches said...

I def. have been lookin for them in my area and they are MIA saw them in ALlure!! ... im irritated but I will check Walgreens again! .. Thanks

SmOoches

Girl with Curl said...

Those designs are cute. I just always neglect my nails now.

Lost wanderer said...

I love Blair Waldorf too, and Chuck

Zelly said...

Hi Vanessa!

Totally going out right now to get it! Thanks for the review!

Steph said...

Aren't these the bomb!! I reviewed them back in Januray and can't get enough of them! It's all I talk about!! :)

Kendy said...

The content you have provided is pretty interesting and useful.

Today while I was surfing the Internet, I read about Gel Nails being the latest trend now in the nail fashion industry. After reading about gel nails, I think it’s a great way to dress up your nails giving them a trendy look.

I thought this information might be useful for anyone looking for genuine nail decoration stuff and may not know where to buy them from.

Gel-Nails said...

The content you have provided is pretty interesting and useful and I will surely take note of the point you have made in the blog.

Today while I was browsing the Internet and looking out for something sporty and trendy to decorate my nails with, I came across this site Gel-nails and found so many interesting nail products for decorating my nails. The best part is that this site has so much variety and also the prices are very reasonable for the quantity offered.

I thought this information might be useful for anyone looking for genuine nail decoration stuff and may not know where to buy them from.

Anonymous said...

I finally found one at Walgreens today.... only the white was left and so I bought it. I put it on over some sally hansen's "hot pink" polish and the only downfall was that the pink ran into the white when I applied topcoat.... instead of white, it is now light pink. =)

mixxxandmatch said...

Do yu think they sell those stuff on the Philippines? I'm also looking for them, but they're nowhere to be found!!!!!:(

Gwyneth said...

WOw! Super cool stuff you've got! :)

Hope you could drop by my blog too if you have time! :)

XOXO,

Gwyneth
of
The Adventures of G
http://gwynethbg.blogspot.com

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter