Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Grams can throw it down!

.

It's apparent where I get my makeup addiction from- my grandma.

The woman can hold it down like no other! And oddly enough my mom doesn't wear makeup so I always wondered how this obsession started, LOL. My grandma gave me a box of makeup (mostly Clinique stuff) and told me to get whatever I wanted, can't pass that up!

I have never been much of an avid fan of Clinique, not that I don't like their products (I was rockin' their "Happy" perfume for awhile!), I just never really paid much attention to some of their items, and that's about to change! I already have a list of things I wanna try from their line! I did use their Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion when I was in my teenage years and at the time it was too oily for me which might actually work for me now with my dry skin...

Anyway, I was just amazed that my grams had a box full of crap laying around- just like me. It was super cute too because we basically "swapped" goodies and I gave her a bunch of lipglosses I never used and she loved them because "they matched her outfits". Awww! And let me tell you my grams is not an old granny, she's still pretty young as only in her early 60's, and she still doesn't have any gray hair!

Of course once I give these babies a road test I will review 'em!

OH! And for those of you who have asked me about the Almay Toner in my previous post, I got it from Longs Drugs awhile back, it was on sale for like $4. I don't like the smell, and I have not personally tried it enough yet since I am trying to get through the other toners I bought (I don't know why I keep buying more either), but I will let you know!





This cute compact, I loved the design, but didn't nab it because I don't need it, instead I needed eye and moisture creams...





So what did I end up nabbing? (CLICK TO ENLARGE)


- Repairwear Day Moisturizer with SPF 15
- Clinique's 15 minute facial (a smoothing cream you leave on for 15 minutes then rinse off to reveal smoother looking skin)
- Moisture Surge Face Spray (reminds me of MAC's makeup Fix+ spray) to refresh the face
- City Block Sheer Shimmer Face lotion w/ SPF 15(has tiny shimmer to brighten the complexion especially on no makeup days)
- Clinique All About Eyes (heard many raves on this to dimish dark circles and puffiness, can't wait to try it out!)
- Super Defense Moisturizer with SPF 25 (fight the signs of aging!)
- And 2 mascaras

30 comments

AskMeWhats said...

Ohh I am using mostly Clinique stuffs and I love them! I can't wait to read how they work for you! :) I love All About Eyes :)

Iyah Love said...

Omgosh!! You're sooo lucky to have LOLA that gives you make up! :h: I wish mine will give me some but she does not wear make up!

I love Clinique. :) Their skincare line is so mild for me :)

I love that palette! looks so versatile! *envy* Ohh my fave is the 7 day scrub! :) I will buy them & use them forever :D

GurlOnA"Diet" said...

awwww i don't have any living grandparents, and my mom is not into makeup
but most of my aunts are. one found out about my makeup addiction when i visited her in korea and gave me some eyeshadows :-D

Sophie said...

You're so lucky to have a grandma who gives you makeup! She sounds cute :)

Jen said...

Moisture Surge by Clinique is sooo lovely! You'll have to try it out whenever you finish all those moisturizers! Hehe

LOVEpink said...

awww your grandmother is sooo cuteee!!!! let us know how the products go :)

Anonymous said...

My grandma was that way toooooo . she introduced me to MAC i used to be a Tomboy before my grandma inverveened! amazing huh?

awe arent grandma's the best??
p.s the caption to this post hahaha omg amazing

Jo said...

you're so lucky your grandma is so young ... my mum is also in her 60s. your mum must be super young!

PurpleZoomp said...

Hello! I read your blog everyday and I love it! I'm from Brazil and I think one of these mascaras you got is the High Impact mascara, isn't it ? If this is the one, you'll love it... this is one of the best Mascaras for me... I love it!

XOXO

Jamilla Camel said...

Your Gran Rocks!!

The palette looks very sweet.

Reviews!!

Janelle said...

Aww how cute & sweet of your grandma to swap with you! LOL. Man, she had a lot of stuff! I love Clinique. One of my favorites is their Gentle Light powder. It's my absolute fave finishing powder at the moment. You should check that out too!

XRocksmama said...

Your grandma is so cute :)))))

Anonymous said...

haha! go gramma! for christmas we had to basically strap down mine to get any color on her lol!
that's very nice of her, i'd love to see a picture of her rockin her lip glosses hehehe cuteeee :D

Anonymous said...

awwww such a nice post! i just missed my grandma right now. ur lola is so cute!

i actually remember those spray thingy!! i was a fan of clinique b4. first it was clinique, then moved on to lancome and now mostly to MAC.

i love clinique Happy!! smells good!!!

Tammy said...

OMG!! I get my obsession from my grandma too!! My mom doesn't wear any makeup..lol

Anonymous said...

i've used the all about eyes for about 3 months before.. and it didnt' do anything for my undereyes, i was really sad. I was hoping that it would keep them moisturized at least, but not even that. But I hope that you'll have more luck with it than me!

MakeupByRenRen said...

wow ur grandma is so cool! i would of stocked up on face and eye creams too...they run out faster than makeup...and gotta keep the skin looking right!

Z said...

Your grandma is one awesome woman :)

Meya Cruz said...

aww thats so cute of your grandma =]]

sanniet said...

Ohh I use the moisture surge gel lotion sometimes it's very moisturizing but sometimes I feel its a bit stick, not sure why. Awww that palette is so cute! And that's so cool of your grandma!

FuN and MakeUp said...

awWwwww thats just soOoo cutee!! ur granny is cool!! haha thats a lot of goodies.. soo lucky of you!

izumi said...

how cute!! i'm glad you and your grannie have stuff in common :) i have a feeling that my grannie wouldn't be as happy with me wearing makeup.. haha. can't wait for your reviews!

Unknown said...

I've heard that Clinique has amazing products. I've been wanting to try their skin products and will one day if I don't buy anymore face wash at Wal-Mart lol

Elisa said...

My lola is the same way! She does not... EVER... leave the house without putting on makeup and doing her hair. haha I love her!

Unknown said...

I LOOOVE Clinique Moisture Surge Spray... Is better than Fix+ on my oily skin I Loove it.. can we swtich grandmas for a week? lol

mayaari said...

haha that's awesome :) clinique was one of my first brands when I was a teen as well, and my grandma still loves using their skincare system! looking forward to your reviews of the products!

Anonymous said...

Nice choices you made there! I've got at least half of them. The eye cream is amazing, as is the Superdefense cream and the facial mask. The mascara is quite not bad too.

I adore Clinique's skin care line, and also their foundations. I don't care about the eyeshadows because they're not very pigmented, but the lipsticks are great. You should try them out.

Shen said...

aww!! clinique stuff.. my mom use to be fan of their toner 2 (i think). its still in her dresser. i don't touch til now bec. before when she was still with me.. she'd tell me not to use coz its expensive. :( you made me miss my mom.. :) hehehe..

hei hope, you can join my contest, sis! :)

Stephy said...

awww ur grandma is so cute!!! :)

errrkah said...

wow thats crazy my grandma got me into makeup but my mom never wears it! how interesting!

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter