Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

L'Oreal HIP Pigments Review

.



I've always loved MAC Pigments, how you can mix them and all the shades they come in; however I hate the outrageous price. I know that they give you a lot, but seriously you don't even need that much. My NYX loose eyeshadows are super tiny and those of you that have one know what I mean, yet I still have yet to come close to finishing a bottle!




I recently bought L'Oreal's HIP Pigment in "Restless" and let me tell you, I am in love. I am convinced that a good majority of the high end cosmetics are very well imitated by their competitor- the drugstore brands.



I was VERY impressed with these pigments because the color is shimmery and yet you can control the intensity of it, sheer or heavily pigmented. The best part was that it was only $10 at Target AND came with its own brush! The color I bought is a nice creamy, gold, almost like a pigmented version of MAC's eyeshadow in VEX, or Flirt's Limelight.

I am DEFINITELY going to buy more colors of this stuff because its awesome. I also bought Wet N' Wild's version of "pigments" in "White Lotus", and it's a white pigment with flecks of glitter, it's super pretty!

Here is the Wet N' Wild in "White Lotus":


Swatch of it on my hand, pretty eh?


I also bought a double ended duo brush that has a round tip flat head on one end and an angled brush on the other, I don't need anymore brushes, but this one is my "travel brush":


And my purse from OLD NAVY:

1 comment

Anonymous said...

I haven't tried the HIP pigments yet because I read a lot of bad reviews on them. You can check out makeupalley.com for that. I was also really disappointed in the duo shadow that I got from the HIP line. However, if you are looking for something that could possibly replace Mac's fluidline for a little bit cheaper...the cream liner is excellent! I bought it for $10. They come in several colors too. Anyhow, I am glad to have come across your page since there are a lot of MAC addicts out there. As much as I would like to buy some of their stuff, it just adds up too fast. You are excellent in helping with finding alternatives that work just as great. Keep up with the recommendations!

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter