Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Cherry Culture Product Reviews

.


For those of you who are new to reading my blog, I am also a beauty editor for CherryCulture.com, let me emphasize that I do not work for them, I simply write and contribute articles and product reviews for some of their products, which you can find in their INSIDER'S PICK. So please do not ask me about them in terms of shipping, when they are re-stocking on a certain item, etc because I do not have answers for those questions as I do not work for them. Occasionally I will be posting these reviews also here on my blog...ALL my product reviews (personal and for CC) are ALL honest and my opinion. I try to see pros and cons for each product (unless there isn't any of either).

Amuse Sheer Mineral Blush

I love blushes! I “collect” them as if they are priceless baseball cards, and I think the reason I am obsessed with them is because they give anyone of any complexion a nice glow and really brings a dull, sullen look back to life with a natural flush of color. I also love blushes because when I want to sport a natural look or don't have a lot of time in the morning to get ready, a little blush makes me look awake and fresh. I especially like those neutral brown colored blushes that have a little shimmer because I use them as a bronzer to give a nice natural sun-kissed glow during the summer.

I tried the Amuse Sheer Mineral Blush Shimmer in “Dusty Rose”, but to my surprise it was more of a sheer shimmery baby pink color, rather than the medium rose color I was expecting. The Amuse Mineral blush comes in a potted jar filled up to the rim. The one thing I wish this blush had was a sifter in the jar to control the amount of blush you need as well as preventing mass spillage. Since a sifter isn't included, you end up picking up more product than you want or need and makes it hard to travel with as some of it may seep through the sides.

The mineral blush itself has no weird smell to it, and comes on very smooth. I personally did not like the color I received, it was too light of a pink for my complexion and skin tone, and it was just way too shimmery for me making my face look shiny. Also the blush seemed too finely-milled and somewhat 'thin', almost like the texture of flour, that it did not stay on my face all day or at least for the majority of the day and ended up coming off after a few hours, and especially since it has been so hot in California where I live, I need a blush that lasts, which is why I like powder blushes or mineral blushes that are a bit more “gritty”, so it holds onto your face a lot better.

I do think it's a lovely blush, but perhaps the color I picked was just not for me, for $2.99 a pop though, you have nothing to lose, and you can try all or a couple colors out.

Kleancolor Dreamy Kiss Lipgloss


I absolutely love lip glosses and lipsticks, I love them so much that I probably have more lip glosses than anything else in my makeup collection! I had the opportunity to try Kleancolor's Dreamy Kiss Lip gloss in “Tea Rose”, which is such a pretty color! It's a medium rosy pink, no shimmer, and the perfect amount of shine, which is why I love lip glosses because of the amazing shine it gives lips, making your lips appear more luscious and fuller.

It feels very moisturizing on my lips, the second I apply it; without that thick sticky-ness that many people hate about lipglosses. It also stayed on my lips a lot longer than other lip glosses I have tried, both low and high end makeup brands, where I found myself constantly having to re-apply my lip gloss throughout the day. The color itself was very pigmented, yet sheer at the same time, so you have a nice balance of color, not too sheer and not to over powering. The lip gloss packaging itself is cute and contains a lot of product; its long clear tubing where the color of the lip gloss is visible so you can easily see and grab the color you want and the wand itself is a doe foot sponge-tip so you can achieve the perfect pout every time!

The only thing I wasn't too fond of about this lip gloss was the smell and taste of it, and I am sure it's different for everyone. I am usually pretty stoic when it comes to taste and smell because I can get used to certain flavors and scents, but this particular lip gloss had a weird plastic smell and taste to it, it's kinda hard to describe; but it goes away once it's on your lips, which makes me think it just might be the plastic tube. Other than that, I just love the color and the feel of this lip gloss, I can only imagine how gorgeous the other colors are. The Kleancolor Dreamy Kiss Lip Glosses come in 9 mouth watering colors: Clear, Rust, Clear Red, Natural, Light Pink, Beige, Pearl Glitter, Tea Rose, and Glow, some of them have shimmer/glitter in it if you want something with a little more gleam. These yummy glosses are only $2.00 each making it a no-brainer to get every color.

Styli-Style Flat Pencils
Everyone loves an easy to use eyeliner that just glides on smoothly and doesn't tug. I personally like the Styli-Style 'Line & Seal' so I was sure that I would love the Styli-Style Flat Pencils! The one thing that bothers me about normal eyeliners (rounded tip liners), is simply that- their rounded tip. It doesn't cover a lot of surface area nor does it allow you to create a thick, even line without having to apply a few layers of eyeliner just to get the desired look, then only leave you with a smudgy mess at the end of the day, giving you major raccoon eyes!

With the Styli-Style Flat eyeliner pencils, it really changes the way we look at eyeliners in general; its flat tip makes it easier to hold giving you an amazing grip, as well as giving you an even line of pigmented color making it the ideal eyeliner to line both the upper and lower lash line. It's honestly virtually fool proof in the sense that even if you don't know how to apply eyeliner, it will be a cinch when using any of the Styli-Style Flat Eyeliners.

I had the opportunity to try one of these Styli-Style Flat Pencils (in the color “Venice”) which is a such a gorgeous turquoise color that can make any eye color pop and it's the perfect color for the summer! What's great about these pencils is that they are multi-purpose, meaning you can use the thin side to line your eyes and lips, and the thicker side for eyeshadow or lipstick application. It's also hypo-allergenic and 100% waterproof which is a major plus for me considering that I look for makeup that can withstand and last in this sweltering California heat and surpass sweat and/or tears.

Since it's a flat pencil, this means that you cannot sharpen it using just any sharpener, you need to purchase the Styli-Style pencil sharpeners especially made for the flat pencils.

The Styli-Style pencils are only $7.50 each on CherryCulture.com, and come in a range of colors: Venice (turquoise), Berlin (chestnut), London (green/black), Rio (tanzanite), Madrid (dark blue), Vienna (Italy Blue), and Rome (purple). I think these pencils are essential in any girl's makeup bag, and there's definitely a color for everyone- from the natural, earth-tone loving gal to the bold, daring gal!

4 comments

Anonymous said...

venice is the only styli style e/l I've ever tried too o_O coincidence

♔Jaimie said...

Thanks for this, Nessa! I'll look into their things!

Tracy Roa said...

Great reviews! The flat pencils look promising.

GS said...

I recently bought the dreamy kissy lipgloss and I´m impressed at how good they are considering how cheap they are... they´re awesome, I like the tube design, they are super soft, I have two I think the ones on the pic (they have no name) and unlike you, I love the smell, they smell like vanilla or cake idk sumthing yummy like that but have no taste.

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter