Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Kim Kardashian Inspired Look

.

A few weeks ago I saw this pic online of gorgeous Kim Kardashian, and what was so striking to me were the hot pink lips and of course the sexy sultry cat eyes, but mainly the lips, LOL! Even though her pic is a bit washed out so it's hard to tell the true colors, you can still sorta get an idea of how it probably looks like up close. I am a lipstick kind of a gal, so I was excited to play around with a similar look and do a hot pink lip.

It was just an inspired look, meaning I just wanted to do something similar but with my own little twist just for fun. I am in no way saying it looks like KK's version, or that I am KK, lol. I thought i'd add some false lower lashes for a more dramatic effect, but the bottom two pics were taking from my cell phone and are without the lower lashes since it wasn't the 'finished' product yet. 

I kept the lid simple and basic, just applied MAC e/s in "Bisque" and "Bamboo" all over the lid, then applied Revlon's liquid eyeliner in "Blackest Black" to mimic a cat eye and winged it out as well as on the inner corner of my eyes (if you look closely her eyeliner is also pointed on the inner corners of her lids), the upper & lower lashes are from KKcenterHK.com, and lined the bottom with a no-name black eyeliner and smudged it out.

My camera made my blush look way darker than it was in person for some reason, but it was a lot lighter than shown! I used my Verhoeven Bronzer, and a mix of Tarte "Tipsy" blush and MAC "True Romantic". I applied a dab of MAC MSF in "Petticoat" on the apples of my cheeks for a little shimmer. And lastly, for the lips I used NYX lipliner in "Bloom" and Covergirl Lipstick in "Spellbound".
 [What I used]:

[Face]
Lancome Teinte Idol Ultra Foundation in Bisque 0 (W)
Graftobian HD Powder in "Soft Ivory"
Mary Kay Concealer in "Yellow" 

[Eyes]
MAC e/s in "Bisque" and "Bamboo" all over the lid
Revlon Colorstay Liquid Eyeliner in Blackest Black
No-name black eyeliner on lower lashline
KKcenterHK lashes on top and bottom (forgot the style)
Eyebrows (MAC e/s in "Espresso)

[Cheeks]
Mix of MAC "True Romantic" and Tarte "Tipsy" Blush
A dab of MAC MSF in "Petticoat" for shimmer
Verhoeven Bronzer for contouring

[Lips]
- NYX Lipliner in "Bloom"
- Covergirl Lipstick in "Spellbound"


When I was starting the look...it wasn't yet finished:

24 comments

Unknown said...

You look stunning! Love the lip color and cheek color!:h:

JC ♔ said...

OMG! This look is AMAZING. I especially love the last photo. Your skin literally looks perfect--airbrushed and blemish free, and the perfect cheek and contouring. So, so beautiful.

SleepandMakeup said...

wow, you really got the look right on the spot.
it looks amazing on you! ^_^

vanessarm818 said...

Looks great,you got a vid on it? Xoxo

LJ said...

Nessa!! you did such an awesome job at re-creating the look! this is one of my fav KK looks too. i think you nailed it! i love it! ;)

Unknown said...

love it :D :c:

Unknown said...

you nailed it! perfect x

Anna said...

wowza that is too similar! u r talented!

xoxo elle

Katrina said...

Gorgeous as usual :) how did u use the e/s did u mix them both and applied all over the lid or just on top of each other? Cause in the photos it loiks like u applied something on the crease.

anna.kristine said...

Beautiful! Love the lips!

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness, so gorgeous!! You look flawless. :D

indian said...

Wow what a nice pictures she is looking awesome her makeup and hair cut suits on her and her eyes is so beautiful I love this post.
Thank you for sharing such a nice information with us.

remy hair

Vanessa said...

Thanks ladies!

Katrina- Yeah I just mixed "Bisque" and "Bamboo" together, bisque alone gives a whiteish cast on me, but I like that it's matte and sorta neutralizes my lid, so I mixed a little bit of that with Bamboo which is closer to my natural skin color and just applied it on my entire lid.

AskMeWhats said...

Very nice! you even got the lip color perfectly :)

Jess said...

wow!!! I am in luv with this!! I need that lippie!!

Unknown said...

gorgeous !!

ThePinkMargarita ♚ said...

hello doll! you look great. love the eye makeup :) take care!


much love,
thepinkmargarita.blogspot.com

Vulcan_Butterfly said...

I love how this turned out! I also really love how the mix of blushes turned out!

Saimese said...

beautiful look

Anonymous said...

You look gorgeous Vanessa!! Your look of Kim is dead on =D

xoxkissablexox said...

love the look

Sofiamichelle said...

This looks pretty much exactly like the picture! great job vanessa :)
btw did you use liquid liner or pencil in the inner corner of the eye?

socialitedreams said...

gorgeous! you should submit this next week, i'll have kim k as the makeup inspiration of the week and it'd be really cool of you to share this :D it's very well done!

Vonnie
http://www.socialitedreams.com/

Issa said...

i so love the lip color!!!pretty pretty! :)

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter