Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Sunday, September 9, 2007

Girly Girl Tutorial

.

I love the color pink and I love how dainty it can make any girl look. I decided to play with my pink eyeshadows today; my inspiration was my new Fresco Rose(MAC Paint Pot), I later went to the MAC Store to exchange my Fluidline for the Smoke Signals quad(which ill show soon!) and surprisingly the MAC ARTISTS complimented me on MY makeup! I was so touched haha! She asked me what I used and so I told her and she was like "It's very pretty, I like it!" (To be honest, I think it looks a lot better in person than in these pictures because it didn't capture the real pinkness of it).

What I used, NOT pictured is MAC's eyeshadow in "Mylar" and Stila Eyeshadow in Chinois (I forgot):


EYES:
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow Potion (to keep the eyeshadow from creasing)
- Stila Eyeshadow in "Chinois" all over the lid
- MAC Paint Pot in "Fresco Rose"
- NYX Eyeshadow in "Hot Pink"
- MUFE (Makeup Forever) Pink Eyeshadow #26
- MAC Eyeshadow in "Creme De Violet"
- Pink and Purple Pigments from NYX
- Indelible Gel Eyeliner in Black Out
- L'Oreal Telescopic Mascara in Blackest Black

Face:
- Everyday Minerals in Light Winged Butter mixed with Light Olive
- Blush is Milani Luminous

Lips:
- NYX Lipgloss in Barbie Pink

Step 1: I applied Fresco Rose a little past my crease, and then applied the NYX Eyeshadow in Hot Pink on top of it.




Step 2: I then took MAC's eyeshadow in "Creme De Violet" and with a crease/shading brush I OUTLINED the natural curve of my lid (where you feel the top of your eyeball), go back and forth so that the purple is around the pink portion.


Can you see the pink inside the purple outline?


To make this:


Step 3 (optional): I then DABBED on PINK PIGMENT on top of the pink and purple, NOT the entire lid, don't BRUSH, just DAB as you do not want to fade the colors you just did.




Step 4: Highlight your browbone with a light neutral color, I chose MAC's eyeshadow in "Mylar".



Step 5: Line the eye, I also provided the process of applying gel eyeliner, the brush pictured is the push brush (flat square top brush). The drops are the eyeliner sealant to lock in your eyeliner.








Then line the lower lashline with the same eyeshadows. (not pictured)

Apply your foundation, blush, or your usual...

And voila!

1 comment

Anonymous said...

Hi Vanessa!
I found your site just recently from an old post on asianbeautyblog.com and I just absolutely love your site.

I would like to ask you a few questions/request if you don't mind =]

1)looking at this girly-girl tutorial (which is cute btw), i was wondering if you can make a tutorial on how to make that Japanese & korean girl look. You know what im referring to right? It's those girls who look super cute, but super clean at the same time without the intense colors on their face. a look to refer to is this chinese model who blogs on xanga (xanga.com/janice_m ) and also this other model (xanga.com/nirarara )

2) I see that you use some Essence of Beauty brushes and I'm wondering if you have tested out the Classic Beauty brush yet, both in the black bristles (round & fluffy) and the white angled powder brush. I ordered EDM and needed to get a good brush that's affordable and i saw some good reviews on this at Makeupalley, so i was wondering what is your take on this brand and this specific powder brush.

3) Since my EDM free makeup kit hasn't arrived yet, I am a bit worried of my color selection and am wondering if you can suggest me some colors because you have tested out so many of EDM's colors already. I am a Fairly Light in Bare Mineral's color choice, so there's a referal to my skin color (im a light skinned asian[viet], but not super pale) I ordered Fairly light in EDM's colors but I'm not quite sure if it matches the same shade as BM's.

Thank you so much Vanessa! i hope you can answer my questions =)

my email is stressedbum@hotmail.com

and my name is Grace

Thank you again!

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter