Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Product Review: Revlon Liquid Eyeliner Pen

.

Product: 5 out of 5
Packaging: 4 out of 5
Quality: 5 out of 5
Overall: 4 out of 5
Shade I bought: "Blackest Black"
Other shades it comes in: Black and Blackened Brown
Where to buy: Many drugstores should have it now
Price: Around $7-8 (varies)
Would I buy again? Yes

I went to Wal-Mart the other day to re-stock on my beloved Revlon Colorstay Liquid Eyeliner but to my surprise they didn't have the one I usually get (the triangular shaped bottle) but was instead replaced with their new Colorstay Liquid Eyeliner Pen! I am impartial to eyeliner pens just because they seem to dry out faster than the ones in the pots, even when stored upside down or horizontally, they don't last as long as the ones that have pots. However, what I DO love about them is how easy it is to create a nice line or wing with the precise brush as well how it's easy to tote around for any touch ups.

As much as I LOVE my MAC Fluidline in "Blacktrack", sometimes it's hard to get the perfect wing even with the most precise eyeliner brush (the little line of eyeliner some of you 'wing' out at the outer corner of your eye). So sometimes I like to apply my fluidline then use the Revlon liquid eyeliner for the wing portion of my eyeliner, or I will use it OVER my fluidline to create the darkest line.

I have NOT personally tried MAC's Penultimate Eyeliner, I have played with it in the store, and I can honestly say that the Revlon Eyeliner Pen seems JUST AS good, it stays on for me even at the end of the day, doesn't flake or rub off for me at all, and their "Blackest Black" is a nice true jet black and offers an intensified black like the Penultimate Eyeliner. Not to mention the Penultimate Eyeliner is $16.50, whereas the Revlon Eyeliner is around $7-8.

Anyway, here is my review on it!

PROS:
- The pen form is easy to tote around and allows for easier application to line the eyes, no mess or globs of liquid eyeliner all over the place
- Colorstay technology allows wear for up to 16 hours! And it totally does for me, I can wear this all day and it still looks just as fresh!
- The fine-tapered felt tip gives a nice soft thin or thick line, as well as giving me better control to be able to line the eyes smoothly and evenly, dispenses the right amount of product to eliminate mistakes!
- You can control the intensity of the color
- Doesn't flake on me, or fade, no weird smell

CONS:
- None, other than because it's in pen form it may dry out faster than the traditional liquid eyeliner (I will let y'all know!)

You might like this if: You have trouble lining your eyes, have shaky hands, or want an eyeliner that is easy and fast.

Overall: I am an avid fan of Revlon, especially their Colorstay Liquid Eyeliners and even their Colorstay Eye Pencils. I use their lipsticks and used to use their eyeshadows and concealers before I got bit by the MAC bug, (because MAC gives me more product for my money for certain things). It was no surprise that this eyeliner performed remarkably well because it's just as awesome as their original and to me it's just as great as MAC's Penultimate Eyeliner Pen, and cheaper! I definitely recommend this if you are looking for a good eyeliner that lasts and gives a nice bold black, or especially for those who are new to lining the eyes or have a hard time lining the eyes because the pen forms allows you to just concentrate on applying it just right and dispenses the right amount of product.









45 comments

ectini said...

Thanks for the review! I just ordered a liquid liner pen from NYX and was wondering if it's worth it... if it doesn't work out I'll def. try this one (:

♥Leigh♥ said...

wow i think this is easier to use!

im done said...

i use this one too only in the original form!!
can't wait to hear what you have to say about it later (if it dries out fast or not))

this is by far my favorite eyeliner to use.

pen form may not be that bad. i love quick and easy eyeliner.

Sarah said...

Oooooh this looks fantastic!! Looks much easier to use with a shakey hand!

A. Rose said...

I've been meaning to go back to liquid liners. May have to try this out. Thanks for the review :)

madison817 said...

wow that looks like a great buy!

Connie De Alwis said...

thanks so much for the review! I've been trying out many eyeliner pens but find most of them not intensely dark enough. I think i'll be getting this :D

AskMeWhats said...

i have never tried any PEN liner..this look fantastic!!!

donnarence said...

this eyeliner looks really nice.. sadly it's not available here in the phils. :i:

♥ Nehs ♥ said...

thank you for the review vanessa!

Janelle said...

I need to try this!

Anonymous said...

ooh this product looks great! i was thinking about the mac penultimate, or even the nyx liquid pen liner, but this product is probably more readily available in canada...!!

KillaCamilla said...

Thanks sooo much for this review!!!

Everytime i went to get the penultimate liner, they were sold out! i will definately get this cheaper alternative ASAP. maybe i'll get two to compensate for the cheaper price :)

Tammy said...

I am awful at lining my eyes..I always end up with these gaps..lol
I think I'll give this a try. =)

Jéssy said...

I remember that one day I was in a hurry and I have to move quickly makeup .. I just spent the hand to eye ... and I had used an Eyeliner (those cheap and bad quality) .. and saw that in the bus looked at me all weird then once in school .. I go to the mirror and see my eyes blurry with Eyeliner ! was the worst day of my life .. and my shirt had a hole in the armpit HAHAHAHAAHA lol

Maggie said...

thanks! i was so eye-ing this liquid liner before and POW! you surprise me with a review on it! now, i'm def. going to get it! :)

Milan said...

You like it? It did nothing for me. I have an unopened one. Holla at me if you want it.

aquaracer said...

great review, thanks! been meaning to try the mac penultimate, glad now i won't have to spend that much money and use it towards something else :)

sanniet said...

ohh nice review! I just recently bought a pen liner...a japanese brand that was about $15...But since you say this is a good buy I will def. give it a try! thanks.

Jasmin said...

Thanks, for the review ! I saw this a while back & wasn't sure if I should buy it. Now, I want to ! haha.

Victoria said...

great review! i think i'm going to try it out now! :D

Mona said...

thanks for the review! i like pen forms to carry around :)

Makeup Mews said...

I just got the MAC Penultimate & haven't tried it out yet. I think the MAC tip is a bit smaller but I hope to get the Revlon one to compare later.

Cezanne said...

Ohhh, beautiful eyeliner. I'm still new to the liquid eyeliner, but I have to pick this up. Thank you the review!

Anonymous said...

Mine didn't look like that when I tried it yesterday lol....maybe I need to give it another try

Hello Adrienne said...

is this waterproof?

♡ Nic Nic ♡ said...

this pen looks really pigmented! thanks for the review!

Neeyuh said...

Thank you for this review! I've wondering about this liner I'm sooo gonna try it. I LOVE liquid liners it's like my everyday thing.

Mukho said...

Oooh!!
This is great news. I'm in the market for a new black eyeliner right now, and I was thinking of switching to something more precise and intense than my usual kohl pencil. I need it in pen form too, because it goes in my work purse and goes everywhere with me. I think I just found my next "favourite" liner :)

Anonymous said...

i haven't tried this particular product but i have used other revlon colorstay products & loooveee them.
there is however, a brand i've used that's similar to this that i got around christmas time & really like it. can't think of the brand as of now...haha

o0foreva0o said...

for these pencil liners. not sure if you know, its better to store them horizontally than vertically. It won't dry up as fast this way.

Vanessa said...

Hi Eva- It still dries out for me like I mentioned in this post. :)

Anonymous said...

i love black eyeliner, and it seems easy and non-messy. must try!

♥ Ms. Kendall ♥ said...

Adding to my "to try" list!! I love a really good sexy black line!!
XoXo

LOVEpink said...

great review!! My L'Oreal lineur is starting to dry out so i'm def going to check this out one next :) xoxo, bev

Unknown said...

I have this pen. It's good, but not great. Color lasts, but is not what I expected from ColorStay.

BUY JORDANA FABULINER! IT'S THE SAME THING, AND 1.99. NO REALLY, THE EXACT SAME THING.

I misplaced my Revlon pen for a while some time ago, and needed a replacement. Not wanting to spend another 8 dollars, I checked out Jordana's liners at Walgreens. They had a pen that looked similar, and at 1.99 I could not pass it up.

Eventually I found my Revlon pen and wanted to compare. Well, the packaging is exactly the same. I swatched again and again, and the color/pigmentation/lasting power is the same.

They are both made in Italy. So it's safe to say that they truly are one and the same. Except Jordana's is 1.99 vs 8 bucks for Revlon.

Save $$, as an owner of both I PROMISE you they are the exact same thing!!!

Nancy said...

Thank you for this review! I love the Revlon Colorstay eye pencil so I'm looking forward to trying this! :)

Vanessa said...

Hi JSan! Thanks for the tip, the Revlon one I think is just easily accessible, not every state has a Walgreens, let alone sells Jordana, I live in Cali and some of their products are hard to find in certain areas; but Revlon is pretty much easily available at many drugstores.

Marie. said...

I've tried the NYX, MAC & ELF one's and I didnt really like them. But I'm willing to give this one a try! I like how dark it goes on.

Crystal Gale said...

Vanessa, thank you so much for the review! i'm looking for the blackest black eyeliner I can find...and that won't smudge on me..I have oily lids and even waterproof eyeliners don't stay put..I hope this is available here in our country so that I can try..thanx again! :)

MesmerEYEZing said...

Thanks for another great review. I will go get one. I am horrible at lining my eyes and this seems like it might help. I had one a loong time ago and never really used it. Know that I am a makeup junkie when I tried to use it it was dry so I need a new one.

Anonymous said...

great review! just bought this today, unsure about it, because i myself have a fear of going blind. the last time i used liquid eyeliner it leaked into my eyes and i couldn't see for a bit, it was really scary. but this sort of comes out as a marker as apposed to coming out as liquid!

Anonymous said...

Just found your blog for the first time and had a look through everything. It's a great site.

You can see me and my work at the above website and remember, if you ever need any extra tips just let me know!

www.chloebutcher.com
www.chloehonore.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

I use this too in Blackened Brown when I was new in using makeup. At that time, I was scared how a black eyeliner would look on me, ahaha..

Will definitely get it in Blackest Black, SUPER EASY to use ♥♥♥

Term Papers said...

Great its is really enjoying video, very nice and superb lyrics, Awesome work, Thanks for share this.

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter