Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Friday, August 31, 2007

MAC Face Charts and Color Stories

.

So I have really bad morning allergies, sneezing, coughing, watery eyes, the whole bit; and I was so mad because on my way to work my allergies was working overtime and my eyeshadow got smudged with my eyeliner, and I didn't have the eyeshadow I used, so what did I do in this makeup emergency?!!!

I used lipgloss. That's right, I took a tiny bit of lipgloss and applied it to my lids and it made an awesome cream eyeshadow and because of the natural stickiness of lip glosses, it stays on! :)

MAC Face Charts-This may look highly familiar to you MAC Addicts, this is the MAC Face Chart that MAC makeup artists use to create different looks before applying it to the fashion runway models. [you can check out a sample of this on Karen's blog, www.makeupandbeautyblog.com from San Francisco's Fashion Week.]

Or this one from the MAC Cosmetics site from the "Smoke Signals" collection:




So I decided to practice some of my makeup looks on these awesome charts:




And this was the result:




Tried it in person (not as smoky):




Another one:


11 comments

Stephanie said...

Hi Vanessa,

I saw your post on Specktra with a link to your blog! You're so talented. I just started working with a company called Brickfish and they’re actually running a contest with MAX Factor (pretty sweet for a job!). The contest is to write a story using the names of 10 MAX Factor's MAXalicious Naughty/Nice lip glosses. The winner will receive all 10 shades of the MAXalicious lip gloss that were named in their story!

My favorite entry was about a girl’s night out in Vegas :-) I thought you might be interested in sharing this info with the rest of group since it's free make-up which I LOVE! Do you have any ideas on how I can get the word out ? I manage the swag closet here so I’d love to send you a t-shirt and other stuff if you can help. Let me know. Happy to send.

Take a look and let me know if you’re interested: http://www.brickfish.com/fashion/MAXaliciousMonologue

You can email me at sgully@brickfish.com

~ Stephanie

Anonymous said...

What colors did you use for these looks?

ngango17 said...

LOL! It looks like the palettes are GIANT coloring boxes. Back to the elementary days! =0) How did you get those face charts anyway?

Anonymous said...

hey, ur charts were awesome!

where do you get the charts anyways? haha. cuz i'd LOVE to be able to make my own.

Fei said...

I was watching the girls at the Nordstrom MAC counter playing with the charts... Needless to say mustaches are not going to be featured as a MAC look anytime soon.

Anonymous said...

i love the pinks...can you do a step by step on this???

Anonymous said...

Hi, my name is elz. Where od you download the facecharts?

iiiistutter said...

Well, you have a long ways to go. . .

YOu gotta work on that blending and I recommend using a flat concealer brush or the MAC 249 Shader Brush. I used to work for MAC and those face charts are a lot of practice. You used an excellent choice of colors and if you are curious on where to pick up these face charts you can get them at any MAC counter just ask, and if they say no there assholes!

Vanessa said...

Thank iiiistutter, we weren't really working on it just messing around since it's so hard to work with the regular paper rather than the actual paper the face charts are on, but it's a lot of fun!

Unknown said...

can you get these from MAC stores? and if so are they free ?
and if i dowonload them , does it work on normal paper? coz i heard that mac facecharts have speacil paper

thnks :)

Unknown said...

Hey i love your blog you should come and check mine out at

www.artistry-makeup.blogspot.com

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter