Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Mint Chip FOTD & Colored Contacts

.

I received a pair of Princess Eyes Neo Cosmo Colored Contacts in "Mint Green" ($20) courtesy of koreabigeyes.com. They have a large selection of colored contacts including circle lenses, and in every color imaginable.  I like that it came with a case to match!

Colored contacts are so much fun to switch looks up, and even though there are so many websites that sell colored contacts, there are a few that have a nice array, including ones that are a bit unique- which I like, and KoreaBigEyes.com has an insane variety of circle lenses, including the "doll-eyed" enlarging lenses. They had really great customer service and I got my lenses in about 3 weeks. This particular color is pretty from far away because it gives a nice green ring around my brown eyes and it's definitely a different and unique look. Up close, it's obvious I am wearing them because of course since it's green, it doesn't wholesomely blend with my natural eye color (if this is what you are looking for, I suggest the brown color or even the gray ones might be nice). But I like this color in natural light, it looks really pretty.

I also wanted to do a brown smokey look (hence the 'Mint Chip' FOTD), so I used MAC's Paint Pot in "Constructivist" as a base to MAC's "Tea Time" pigment. Since I did this look a couple weeks ago (pre-photopsia!), I am gonna try my best to remember what I used, LOL. And don't mind my ugly brows, I am in the process of growing em out to re-shape them argh they frustrate me, haha.


What I used:
[Face]:
- MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NC 30
- MAC Pro LongWear Foundation in NC35

[Cheeks]:
- MAC "Enough Said" Blush
- Korres Bronzing Powder in #28

[Eyes]:
- MAC Paint Pot in "Constructivist" on lower lid
- MAC "Tea Time" pigment on lid
- Milani "Chocolate" eyeshadow and "Java Bean" on outer-V and contour
- MAC e/s in "Shroom" as highlight up to brow bone
- MAC Fluidline in "Blacktrack"
- Shiseido Mascara in Black
- MAC Technakohl e/l in "Graphblack" on waterline
- UD Eyeliner in "Corrupt" on lashline

[Lips]
- MAC lipstick in "Peachstock"
- MAC Lipglass in "Splashing"

 Neo-Cosmo "Mint Green" Contacts in Natural Light

18 comments

Jane said...

the lenses look very natural on you!

LJ said...

green is my fave color! <3 these lenses on you! ;)

Susie said...

I love those contacts on you! They look pretty natural :) Your eyeshadow colors make them even POP more!

Kristen said...

Those look so adorable on you! The color looks really awesome with your brown eye color.

I kind of want my mint chocolate hershey kisses now.....

kali said...

OMG looks so pretty!! Love the lenses on you. I want these. But the last time I bought lenses, I ended up being so frustrated (with putting them in) that I just threw them out! I can't believe I did that now (total waste) but I want to try lenses again.

Sasmita said...

Mint color contacts....... interesting!
I saw first time. Looking gorgeous!!!

Mara said...

Very pretty. I like contacts that give a natural effect. Where it still leaves you looking like you but better.

Nikkia (Silver Lips) said...

Very Pretty Look!!!

Silva said...

So pretty! Very nice color!

AskMeWhats said...

I want to wear more shades of lens but I'm just too lazy to put them on!!!! You look gorgeous Nessa, the green lens actually looks nice on yoU~

tina rose, said...

they DO look natural on you - i have a pair of green circle eye lenses as well and they look a little off on me, especially when i look straight into the camera, haha. but the look is great and the lenses are fab :)

Kalmo said...

The contacts really suit you well, you look really stunning in the last two pictures. :) The light pink lipstick really completes the look.

sally said...

i swear, your skin is perfect!! i love the mac prolong wear foundation--- but do you find that it's hard to blend? as in, you have to make sure you put it on and spread it out right away otherwise it starts to dry kind of quickly. my skin is oily and that stuff keeps my face looking matte and not like an oil slick by the end of the day.

Sara said...

love the lenses..they blend real nicely with your natural color.

Arezu said...

You are insanely beautiful, and I love the smokey look.

I've always wanted to try coloured contacts, but I wear glasses, so I thought if I bought a pair and wore it with my glasses it would look weird, lol. And I don't really wear prescribed contacts anymore so I can't go with the prescription coloured contacts route :(

Lation said...

wow, i just noticed you're back on here blogging again! woo, i'm sooo happy i got so much to read. hope everything worked out just fine

Sofia said...

looking beautiful as always!!

Vanessa said...

Thanks ladies!

@ Sally- Try blending it with the MAX mixing medium, it's moisturizing and can thin out the foundation a bit so it's easier to apply :)

@ Arezu- Awww thank you love!

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter