Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Review: Neutrogena Makeup Remover Pads

.

Product: 5 out of 5
Packaging: 4 out of 5
Quality: 5 out of 5
Overall: 5 out of 5
Price: $5.99-$6.99, available at many drug and retail stores
Would I recommend/buy again: Yes, it's actually my favorite makeup remover

In relation to my last post, on the NYX Makeup Remover w/ Green Tea, I referenced these makeup remover pads as my go-to makeup remover, so I thought id review this one as well for comparison purposes.

From their website: Ultra-Soft Eye Makeup Remover Pads enable you to effortlessly remove every last trace of eye makeup, even stubborn waterproof mascara.

Tested and safe for sensitive eyes, these pads won't irritate or leave any oily residue. Plus, they're bigger, thicker, and more affordable than many competitive brands.


  • No oily residue




  • Safe for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers




  • Ophthalmologist & Dermatologist tested



  • Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, C13 15 Isoparaffin, Glycerin, Cetearyl Isononanoate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Palmitate, Ceteareth-20, Ceteareth 12, Coco Glucoside, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Benzoate, Benzoic Acid, Fragrance (Parfum)
    PROS: 
    - Removes makeup so easily, even stubborn waterproof makeup such as mascara and eyeliner
    - I like that it's in pad form and the makeup remover is already soaked in the pad (but it's not dripping or anything, just moist)
    - 30 large pads in each tub, which lasts me a really long time, just use and toss. No need to carry makeup remover pads and makeup remover, this is all in one.
    - It also is a great makeup brush cleaner (for small concealer brushes) on a whim (trust!)
    - Tight screw on top keeps the pads moist, doesn't dry out
    - Nice and light fragrance, nothing strong
    - No oily residue or feeling, no need to rinse after
    - Even though it says 'eye makeup remover pads' it's soft and gentle to use as a complete makeup remover for the entire face (as I do this at times, and I have sensitive skin and have had no issues).
    - No stinging feeling

    CONS:
    - Tub may be a bit too big for travel (which is why I gave packaging 4/5), so I wish they made travel sized pouches of this stuff (I know they have makeup wipes as well but not the exact same product) but I still love it!

    Overall: This is my favorite makeup remover (next to the Mandom makeup remover but that's in pump form). It removes all my eye makeup in one pad/step, and I like that it does not have any oils in it so there is no oily residue or feeling left behind. Light fragrance, which is what I like since I am sensitive to certain scents. There is also no stinging feeling that you may experience with other makeup removers. There is also the perfect amount of product on each pad, no dripping of product, or excess amount of product, so there is no mess. Again this is just from my experience and this is what works for me. Definitely recommend!

    8 comments

    A Shine Bunny said...

    Great post, so useful!!

    Leslie said...

    I might try these out! Thanks for the review! :)

    martienn said...

    ou amazing blog !
    very like it !! ; )
    it's super !


    follow me and write comment if U want ;**

    organic makeup said...

    This make up remover pad seems great, I must try this to remove my organic makeup since I usually used the liquid.

    Silva said...

    Sounds good! I gotta buy them, though this isn´t sold in my country.

    Nicole said...

    Ok, I may have to try these. I'm currently using the garnier detoxifying wipes (which I love!) but they dry out quickly due to the packaging.

    kim sanders said...

    Yeah right, web reviews are sometimes meant to compare your own product from the other products. :h:

    Vanessa said...

    Hi Kim, yes comparing other makeup removers, these wipes are what do it for me. :)

    :a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

    Post a Comment

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
     

    Recent Comments

    Recent Posts

    NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
    free hit counter