Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

NYX Eyeshadow Palette in Velvet Rose

.


***CherryCulture has this listed as "Velvet Rose" but it's really "Velvet Rope" thanks to Galen UK for pointing that out and sorry for any confusion!***

Karen from makeupandbeautyblog.com did a wonderful review on the NYX Velvet Rose eyeshadow palette ($8) and was squealing with delight when CherryCulture.com sent me one for a review. I love purple, it's one of my favorite colors, so imagine my face when I saw this palette that was pretty much all purple!

NYX always has a wide array of colors and they are nicely pigmented not to mention affordable (10 eyeshadows for $8!). Even a MAC eyeshadow refill costs more than that! I love that this eyeshadow palette is compact, has a mirror and a nice range of purples from a lilac to a deep plum, and even some darker shades to add depth and create a smokey look. Also has a nice cream shimmery shade which is great to highlight the brow bone and comes with a duel end sponge-tip applicator. Each shade itself I found to be pretty pigmented, the swatches below were done dry, no primer whatsoever.

For the eye look below, I used the NYX Eyeshadow Base in White to brighten up the light pink (the second light pink color from the left on the bottom row of the swatches) because by itself or even over Painterly paint pot it was so faint and pale on my lids, and using the white base definitely brightened it up a bit. (By the way, the base stayed on pretty well for a few hours!) and then I used two of the purples, the 4th e/s from the left on the top row, and the 3rd eyeshadow from the left on the bottom row.

In other news, I've been counting the amount of times my eye flashes happen to see if it's getting better or worse and today it didn't happen that much, i'd say probably around 10 which is good for the entire day. And I made an appointment with the ophthalmologist for this Friday so we will see what he says! :)

24 comments

Katrina said...

oOoOoOoOo! I love it! You've done a wonderful job with the colors! I always love your looks, gorgeous!

tina rose, said...

Gorgeous colors! I love the look you created :)

xx

http://tokyohustler.blogspot.com

Silva said...

That looks very nice!

LJ said...

love it nessa! is this a new palette from nyx? this is the first time i'm seeing this from the runway palettes. =)

Vanessa said...

@ Katrina- Thanks mama! ;)

@ Tina- Thank you!

@ Silva- Thank you, it's such a pretty palette!

@ Lani- I think so because I didn't remember this shade either! http://www.cherryculture.com/cosmetics/makeup/nyx-cosmetics/nyx-the-runway-collection-10-color-eyeshadow-palette/17206&cat=0&page=1

Kristen said...

Wow these are some really rich and beautiful colors! I wonder how much it costs

Kalmo said...

Woah that is a gorgeous purple EOTD! I've heard a lot of great reviews about the NYX 10 shadow palettes. The eyeshadows are already so pigmented without primer. ^^ Wah I hope you get the eye flashes settled, I know you were feeling down you from an earlier post (hugs).

Unknown said...

So pretty! Love the palette colors. :D

Marcy said...

I absolutely love it!

Marcy,
smudgemyeyeliner.com

indianmakeupways said...

lovely colors and amazing look

Jenni said...

what a GORGEOUS EOTD! love it! can you make a breakdown of which shadow have been applied to where :S? am an amateur in using shadows and would love to learn..!

Mara said...

I love seeing your looks. I've been reading your blog for years now and you still amaze me with your blending skills. :)

Tammy said...

These purples are amazing. I want! I want!
Your look is beautiful. =)

Unknown said...

Gorgeous colors and the eye look is amazing!!

Junkhead said...

I loved all the colors in this palette!!Purples and black are my colors!:)And your eye make-up is great too;)

Katie Golightly said...

im so happy you started blogging again! youre the first beauty blog i ever began following.

AskMeWhats said...

The palette is super pigmented, I hope they've had these way earlier as I bought a couple of single shadows from NYX and i am too lazy to carry them around and even lazier to depot them! :)

Gorgeous eye makeup!

Sofia said...

gorgeous palette even more gorgeous look

Meheen said...

Beautiful look! I'll definitely check this one out. Purple is my favorite color, I have to!

Roxy said...

pretty! i always loved your purple eotds

Susie said...

Ooo, gorgeous :D I looooooooove it!

Jorna said...

Wauw! It's simply gorgeous! Love all the colours together, real eyecandy! beautiful looks you've made!

Pumps and Gloss said...

Very pretty!! U are making me want this palette.

Wenbee said...

LOVELOVELOVE this palette, and the look even moreso. Was the slightest bit disappointed you didn't use the black w/pink shimmer eyeshadow though, looks AMAZING!

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter