Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Product Spotlight: NYX Eyeshadow Base

.

Back in June, at the IMATS Show- I received an NYX Press Kit, which contained their NYX Eyeshadow Base in White ($6,CherryCulture.com), and I forgot about it until recently, since I was currently using my Smashbox Photo Finish Eye Primer and was digging around in my stash.

At first I was like, hmmm white??? But it TOTALLY makes sense considering a white background/primer (even nailpolish) brings out the true color of the color placed on top of it.  The consistency is similar to that of other eye primers, a bit thicker than the Smashbox eye primer (similar to the consistency of the MAC Studio Fix Concealer), but easy to apply. If anything I like eyeshadow primers that are a tad bit thicker because I feel like they hold onto the eyeshadow more. This white primer definitely brightens up eyeshadow colors and gives the appearance of being really pigmented. I haven't had a chance to do a complete look with it yet, so I don't know how it will hold up in terms of staying power (if it will crease or not), but so far just playing around with it, it looks promising. I will definitely keep you ladies posted and try to do a look using it this week.

Below is a comparison pic of a random eyeshadow color by itself, on top of the Smashbox Primer, and on top of the NYX Eyeshadow Base in White.

8 comments

Unknown said...

omg! how'd you know. this post is exactly what i was going to ask you. When do you apply eyeshadow primer? after or before the concealer. And How do you apply it.

Vanessa said...

I apply it on my eyelid, then apply eyeshadow on top. I only put concealer under my eyes (for dark circles) so you can put it on either before or after. I usually put my concealer first, then work on my eyes. :)

Anonymous said...

it's nice for about 3 hours, maybe 4

Anonymous said...

another cheap base to try^^ how do you find this in comparison to the jumpo pencil in milk?

Isabel said...

I have this in Skin Tone and I love it! My e/s doesn't usually crease (dam monolid!) so I don't know about that.. But it definitely helps a lot with pigmentation ^^

sssdawna said...

wow i can definitely see the difference the base makes. thanks for sharing! i REALLY wanna go to imats new york in the spring. *prays and prays* : )

Ahleessa said...

This looks nice and I can't wait to hear if it creases or not!

Cat in Calico said...

Thanks for the product spotlight! I was looking at the reviews on makeupalley for this product, and it seemed like a love it or hate it product, so I was confused. I remember one reviewer said the base seemed exactly like the NYX concealer, but more expensive. Another reviewer described the white version of the base, like yours, seemed like the NYX Milk jumbo pencil in pot form. If you have the concealer or jumbo pencil, I would love to know your thoughts on this.

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter