Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

FOTD: A quick & easy natural look

.

Often times, the fiance and I are just chilling at home for the night when all of a sudden last minute he decides he wants to go to the movies, or the grocery store, or Denny's, haha. And I just got out of the shower! So I have only 5 minutes to change, brush my hair, and look somewhat decent! LOL.

If we are just doing a simple errand, of course I don't need to put on a full face, but I personally want to look at least somewhat awake and refreshed. The look below was very easy to do, and didn't even take me 5 minutes.  And you can easily accomplish this by:

1.) Quickly dab a few dots of concealer under the eye and blend. This hides any dark circles, diminishes the look of any puffiness, and gives you a more 'awake' look.
2.) Apply a tinted moisturizer to your entire face (I use Dior's tinted moisturizer). This moisturizes your face after your shower as well as giving you a nice natural tint to cover any discolorations, blemishes, or uneven skin tone.
3.) Apply a few coats of mascara on your lashes. This opens your eyes and makes them stand out so you don't look tired or dead looking. You will be amazed at the difference just applying a coat of mascara makes! (Optional: You can also apply a quick sweep of a neutral eyeshadow such as MAC e/s in "Bisque", or "Orb" on your entire lid before applying mascara)
4.) Shade in your eyebrows, since eyebrows shape your face, shading them in can make the rest of your face pop.
5.) Dab cheeks with a blush color of your choice. My favorites are MAC "Springsheen" and MAC "Stereo Rose" MSF because they have a nice soft sheen to it and look very natural on the skin. What I love about blush is that it adds warmth to your face.
6.) Finish off with either chapstick or a lipgloss, or even a light colored lipstick.

What I used:
[Face]
- Lorac Double Feature Concealer in DF2 under the eyes
- Dior Tinted Moisturizer (Shade #2)

[Cheeks]
- MAC "Stereo Rose" MSF

[Eyes]
- 2 coats of L'Oreal Telescopic Mascara
- Anastasia Brow Pencil in "Medium Ash" on brows

[Lips]
- MAC l/g in "Red Devil"

19 comments

Leslie said...

very pretty :)

kali said...

Love the look! I often opt for more natural looks too.

*~kAy~* said...

You look beautiful!

yue erura said...

natural but u look so pretty

donnarence said...

freshness overload vanessa!!

indianmakeupways said...

u look great. one question....is tat tinted moisturiser good for super oily skin?

Pau F said...

It's so good to have you back blogging girl. I hope everything sorted out the way you wanted it to. You look radiant & beautiful as always.
XX's

Arezu said...

Love the look, you definitely look bright and wide-eyed!

I'm still trying to perfect my "5 minute face."

Leah ♥ said...

so glad youre back to blogging! Love this look! soooo pretty!!!

theroyalblush.blogspot.com

나니 said...

The glow on your face just looks so healthy.. : D You look great!

Unknown said...

I feel you Nessa. Even if its a quick errand or whatever I need to at least have some mascara, eye liner and gloss I just feel so much more "put together" lol. I love the look btw and it makes you look sooooo young!!!! ;) love it!

p.s. I am so happy that you are blogging again!!! :) I missed your posts and when I saw your purple smokey eye for halloween it brought a big smile to my face because your makeup looks imo have always been the BEST!!!!!! xoxo

Vanessa said...

Thanks girlies!

@ indianmakeupways- you can still use a tinted moisturizer on oily skin, what I would do though to mattify the look a bit and to keep oil absorbed is use a translucent blotting or setting powder (such as MAC Blot Powder)which will control any shinyness.

@ Mayra- Thanks so much! Aww you are so sweet, thank you! I agree, I need to at least feel like I didn't just wake up and rolled out of bed haha. I have to have at least something on! Hope you are having a fantastic week!

Kalmo said...

Great post Vanessa! I feel concealer and blush def. make the difference in looking more awake and put together in a rush. :) You look beautiful in the picture.

P.S.
Thanks so much for commenting on my blog, I just about died because you (my beauty blogger idol) responded! :) That sounds odd and corny but I've seriously been following your blog for years. Congratulations on the engagement btw!

Unknown said...

You look so lovely, you don't need any makeup.

Anyways, this is a simple look every one of us can do everyday. Thanks for posting it.

Danitza said...

Nessa!!!!!!!!!!! I am so glad you are back!!! I wish all the best for you and your whole family and I agree with other comments .. you are already beautiful with no make up .. your soul is really beautiful! =)

AskMeWhats said...

I missed this Nessa! You look gorgeous and you did not change at all! You look young still!!!

Ana Lidia said...

Great look and very easy. I will definitely try this. Great to have you back. I often refer to your "looks" to change it up a bit. Thank you for coming back and taking time out of your busy life to blog. Keep up the great work and stay blessed sweetie!

warmest thoughts,
Ana

Unknown said...

Awesome! Whenever I try to do a quick look, I end up doing a full face look. I once only did an eye look and left my face bare.

Curvy Petite said...

This is my kind of everyday look too! Right on sister!

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter