Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Clinique Lash Primer & Shiseido Lift. Mascara

.

Finally getting around to reviewing the Clinique Lash Primer ($13, Sephora) and the Shiseido Lifting Mascara ($23, Sephora) I got when Sephora had their F&F sale.  Sorry for any lag, it's been a hectic week! Anyway, I really love both products, so I am pretty happy with my purchase, in case you are wondering about the Shiseido Mascara Base (primer), CLICK HERE as I did a review on it awhile ago.

Product: 4/5
Packaging: 4/5
Quality: 5/5
Overall: 4/5
Price: $13

What it does:
This lash-conditioning undercoat contains a unique polymer combination that holds mascara to lashes for a longer, fuller look with extended wear. The moisturizing formula also helps to condition and mend dry lashes.


PROS:
- It's actually a pretty good primer, helps prepare my lashes before I apply mascara by separating and lengthening my lashes.
- It's only $13, which is pretty affordable considering there are many other name brands that cost a lot more.
- No weird, funky smell
- Definitely not drying, doesn't flake or cause my mascara to flake.
- Tube is skinny so it's easy to hold in the hands

CONS:
- The brush is a tad bit too wide, it's not horrible, but I wish it was just a little bit skinnier so that it's easier to apply to the hard to reach lashes (like the inner lashes).

Overall: I really liked this primer, it didn't dry out my lashes and my mascara held onto this primer really well for all-day wear. I also liked that it was $13, which like I said is a lot more affordable than some of the other mascara primers I have tried in the past, AND it's worth it! I would definitely re-purchase.

Product: 4/5
Packaging: 5/5
Quality: 4/5
Overall: 4/5
Shade: Black
Price: $23

What they say:
Lashes lift to new heights! Provides lash-by-lash definition, maximum curl, and volume with a feather-light finish. Air Volume Powder delivers strong, long, and feather-light curls. Waterproof, oil-proof, and sweat-proof. Can be easily applied in layers.

PROS: 
- The wand is nice and thin for easier application, which allows me to get into the hard to reach places and really create more of a lift and curl effect.
- With a mascara primer, it gave a really nice lift and a slight curl that lasted all day, even without the use of an eyelash curler.
- Didn't flake at all or rub off
- Seemed like it added a little more volume and thickness to my lashes.

CONS:
- I hate the smell, it smells like deodorant which is just weird for a mascara to have that kind of scent LOL
- By itself (no primer), it doesn't seem to have that much of a lifting effect and I notice it can get sorta clumpy without a primer, even with just a couple of layers.
- $23 seems pricey for a mascara period. Especially since it's recommended to replace it every 3 months, but since I had a Sephora gift card I thought id give it a shot.
- Lashes feel stiff and sorta brittle with this mascara if you do not use a primer, with a primer it's fine.

Overall: This mascara was nice, I liked it along with my Clinique Lash Primer, however as a stand alone mascara I don't like it too much because it made my lashes feel really brittle and somewhat stiff. I personally didn't notice an amazing lift or a slight curl of my lashes with just the mascara by itself, however with a primer it looked really nice! I didn't like the deodorant smell of the mascara, thought that was a little weird because I kept associating it with something I need to be putting under my arms haha. The price I thought was steep, but normal for Sephora, and it's Shiseido and mostly all name brand mascaras are in this price range which was fine, overall I would buy it again.

*Did not use an eyelash curler for any of the pics below for the sake of an accurate review

6 comments

Mara said...

Great review, Vanessa! I really want to try the Clinque primer now.

AskMeWhats said...

I haven't been using much primer lately! I think I gave up on my lashes overall! :) Thanks for the review dear

Unknown said...

My gosh, I must try the Clinique primer...Your lashes look fantastic considering that you used the primer. I must check it out this weekend...Thanks again for a thorough review! :)

e said...

Whoa. You're back?! Awesome. The makeup blogging world has missed you.

I hope your family is doing well. : )

Silva said...

It looks best with the primer, imo. I'm just not sure if I *really* need primer.

a said...

This was really helpful! Ive never used a lash primer, I didnt even know what they were intil i read this! I have to check it out! Thanks so much for posting :)

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter