Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving FOTD & Tutorial

.

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Jon and I decided to cook last minute and celebrate Thanksgiving at our place. He cooked the turkey and I made a few side dishes. His mom, brother, and his gf as well as my grandparents, came over and they brought more food and pie!

Since Thanksgiving colors consist of warm orange and brown, I thought id do a look with those colors. I haven't been faithfully using my MAC pigments, so I am trying to incorporate them more in future looks. I brought out MAC Pigment in "Mega Rich" which was the perfect toasty orange for this look. I love how vibrant it is too. I used MAC's mixing medium to apply it on my eyelid. I also used two of my Starflash Eyeshadows , "Go" and "Glamour Check". On the lips I used Rimmel "Spotlight Beige" lipstick which is a nice soft coral/orange color, definitely complements neutral looks. Stephie did a post and video HERE of this lipstick.

Tutorial down below!

 

What I used:
[Face]
- MAC Studio Fix Concealer in NC30
- MAC Pro Longwear Foundation in NC35

[Cheeks]
- MAC Blush Powder in "Emote" to contour
- MAC Blush in "Sunbasque" on apples of cheeks

[Eyes]
- MAC Paint Pot in "Painterly" all over lid
- MAC "Mega Rich" pigment applied on lower half of lid with mixing medium
- MAC Starflash e/s in "Go" on outer-V and crease
- MAC Starflash e/s in "Glamour Check" in crease to add depth and a bit on the outer-V
- MAC e/s in "Ricepaper" to highlight on brow bone
- MAC Fluidline in "Blacktrack"
- Clinique Lash Primer
- Shiseido Lifting Mascara
- MAC Technakohl in "Graphblack" on waterline
- Urban Decay eyeliner in "Bourbon" on lower lashline

[Lips]
- Rimmel lipstick in "Spotlight Beige"

Quick tutorial:
Then just add eyeliner and mascara and you are done!

13 comments

charmed-chick said...

I love those colours on you they really suit you :)
http://xcharmed-chickx.blogspot.com

Stephie said...

Thanks for the shout-out, ate!!! :]

I love the warm colors you used! It really makes your eyes pop! & the lippie looks fabulous on you! Glad you had a fabulous Thanksgiving!!!

Delly said...

That is gorgeous! I've leant so much about eye shadow application! I've been applying the lower lid eyeshadow way too low! Thanks so much!

Adele xxx http://makeupreview-findingfashion.blogspot.com/

Mara said...

Oh, those are such lovely colors. I have Starflash Go and I use really put it to use. Great FOTD, Vanessa! :)

Yuki said...

I've missed your tutorials so much! I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving ^^

Anonymous said...

awwww vanessa~ I so missed your tutorials^^ Thanks for sharing this one with us!

Unknown said...

That is gorgeous!!! I saw Mega Rich pigment at my CCO awhile ago and I should've bought it! I so regret not purchasing it.

Unknown said...

you think orange would look good on me since im brown? ;)

Jenn said...

You look amazing as usual girl!! Happy Thanksgiving!! :)

Silva said...

It looks so nice!

donnarence said...

i miss your tutorials!!! this one is really pretty and neatly done!! i always love how you blend colors,, :D

Shen said...

i super love the autumn feel of your look and i'm such a fan of bronzey eye makeup. happy thanksgiving!! :) glad to see you blogging again. :)

Pumps and Gloss said...

Very pretty!!! Glad to see you blogging again!

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter