Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Friday, August 1, 2008

Review: MAC Starflash Eyeshadows

.



So many of you have asked me about these eyeshadows so I thought id discuss them a bit more. These are a brand new finish that MAC is releasing into future eyeshadows, it is a creamy, finely-milled powder feel that goes on smooth, and some pigmented for the most part. I love the texture of these eyeshadows along with the other finishes already in the MAC line such as Frost and Veluxe Pearl.

However, there are a few colors from this particular collection that didn't tickle my fancy like I thought it would because they ended up not showing up too much on my NC30 skin. Such as lotusland and Sunset B. Initially I thought these colors were gorgeous but was disappointed when I could barely see it on my skin. I love Sunset B though because it isn't outrageously pink, so I thought to myself, I am going to make it work!

Instead, I noticed that it looks a lot better under a base of some sort, whether it be UDPP or a paint pot. For you gals that have the "Bare Study" paint pot, I believe it will look just utterly gorgeous with Sunset B on top as it gives an extra shimmer, adding more dimension into the eyeshadow. Mind you, the swatch of Sunset B by itself was like 10 swipes of it!



Another color I thought would impress me but didn't? Talent Pool. Don't get me wrong this is a pretty color, it just looks like a bunch of other blues that I own. It almost looks like "Steamy", and do I really need it??! Nah.



So there you have it! Hope that helps, I will be doing my Lustre Twins review soon with swatches. I had to move all my pigments to a bigger drawer (with the dividers from an Asian market), since I acquired "Tea Time" (colour forms), and "Gilded Green" (gorgeous!) swatch of that coming soon as well including a tutorial using it. So stay tuned!

19 comments

Cindyy825 said...

Thanks Vanessa! You always make me want to go get some more eyeshadow and pigments.

Tara said...

thanks for the swatches. theyre really helpful.

You said lotusland didnt show up easily, did putting a base underneath it help it appear a bit? i really want this color, but not if its goin to show up. thnx a lot.

♔Jaimie said...

I had the same issues. I'm NC30 also and was very diappointed, it just barely showed. I'm going to return it. I finally found a good brown. Now I'm on a search for a good pink. I have sushi flower, but its not the right pink. any suggestions?

♡ Nic Nic ♡ said...

Sunset B looks gorgeous with base!! it will look lovely on you! cant wait to see it on you :D

B said...

I checked out Starflash tonight and was a bit disappointed at that Sunset B too. My NW45 skin was like, "Are you kidding me?" LOL! So I didn't purchase any of them. But since you bring it up, I'll have to check out that Tea Time. It looks lovely. Have a great weekend, sis!

The Shades Of U said...

That's why I didn't get Sunset B. Besides, I think I have way to much pink by now. I got Top Hat (gorgeous!) and Smoke & Diamonds. The rest I think can be easily duped. Love your swatches!

Ahleessa said...

Every time I see your blog I want to get the new collection eyeshadows. I told myself I'm going to hold back until October, but it's so hard... hehe~ :P

Bombchell said...

lol your so lucky you dont live on my street!!!

if not I'll prob. be there almost all the time b4 events, and just for fun. lol

Anonymous said...

oh no....i bought all those colors that didn't show up. lol =) hopefully, they will look a lot better with a base.

*~kAy~* said...

always love all your reviews and swatches! :)

Stephanie T said...

What's that orange looking pigment? The second one down from the top right.

(g)ezebel said...

they're all so pretty!!!

must. resist. temptation. to. buy. more. MAC. eyeshadows...

MakeupByRenRen said...

i'm going to make sunset b work too, lol...

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

ok sis. when i come to visit, can i sleep next to the pigments? no need for pillow and blanket. i think we'll (pigments and i) be just fine ;D haha.

QuinnieBee said...

I've ordered sunset b + gold & brazen thought it's a nice 1 from ur swatch

Anonymous said...

Girrrll, I, too, was disappointed with Sunset B. I thought it was going to be smooth and creamy like the rest. Glad to know that it was just not me. :/

The 4 Rockstars said...

Question: Is sunset b the same as the pink from one of the heatherette trios?

Anonymous said...

I am a MAC artist and no these shadows are not going to be released in the the regular shadow collections. It is limited edition.

na said...

Thanks for the swatches! I didn't pick up any of them, but only because I had similar enough colors from the regular line. Sunset B is pretty, though!

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter