Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Product Review: NYX Round Lipglosses

.


Product: 4 out of 5
Packaging: 5 out of 5
Quality: 3 out of 5
Smell/Taste: 2.5 out of 5
Overall: 4 out of 5
Price: $2.00 on CherryCulture.com

What they say: NYX Girls new lip gloss. 36 pretty shades to highlight that sexy pucker of yours. Feels silky smooth, long-lasting, and the color in the bottle is the color on.

Ingredients: Microcrystalline Wax, Polyisobutene, Vitamin E, Silane, Minteral Oil, 2-ethylhexyl Palmitate, Gelled Hydrocarbons, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Fragrance. MAY CONTAIN: Mica, Titanium Dioxide/Ci77891, D$c Red No.6 Ba Lake/Ci15850:2, D&cRed No.27 Al Lake/Ci45410:2, Iron Oxide Red/Ci77491, Iron Oxide Black/Ci77499, D&c Red 7 Ca. Lake/Ci15850:1, Iron Oxide Yellow/Ci77492, Fd&c Blue No.1 Al Lake/Ci42090:2

What I love about it: It’s sheer and pigmented at the same time where you get the perfect amount of color and the color you see thru the tube is the color you get. (Can’t say the same for online swatches! LOL). You can definitely re-apply to get your desired intensity. I love how it’s super soft and glides on a lot easier than the NYX mega-shine lipglosses (my taupe one would act like it was dry when I knew there was plenty of product in there, and it took forever to get an even amount of color on your lips). The kicker is how cheap these babies are! Only $2 on CherryCulture.com and has an angled doe-foot sponge tip so it makes it super easy to apply. They are also nice and shiny! I also love how the packaging is smaller and round comparing to the square-chunky looking mega-rich lipglosses. Another bonus is that they come in 36 mouth-watering shades, variety is the key!

What I hate about it:
It smells and tastes like dishwashing soap. Like a lemon-citrusy sort of a smell and taste and it immediately reminded me of Lysol. That’s the only thing that bothers me just because I always think that it’s NOT supposed to go on my lips when I put it on, LOL. The smell goes away after awhile (for me anyway), so it’s not so bad…I also wish that they had more staying power, yet not as sticky as the MAC lipglasses, but somewhere in the middle where it actually can “hold” onto your lips. (It would be neat if NYX came out with their own version of MAC’s Pro Long Lustre Wear!) Because these are so soft and creamy, they don’t stay on very long but they are a great addition to add with your favorite lipstick.

Favorite colors so far: Doll Pink, Whipped, and Café Latte.

You would like this if: You are on a budget and looking for something that’s very affordable and has great pigmentation and color variety- more bang for your buck! Or if you are already an NYX addict and heck it’s something new to add to your ever-growing collection!

You may hate this if: You are looking for a lippie that’s long wear or want something a bit more stickier.

Overall: I love them! I plan on buying a few more….





I also picked up a couple more of the NYX Round Lipsticks for $1 at the Chloe accessory store in the Puente Hills Mall by the BF's mom's house...they had a bunch of NYX stuff in that store and even Splash Cosmetics too!




20 comments

josephine siu said...

LOl! I've been at that store before! I was surprised at how many NYX products there were.. they even have some Red Cherry eyelashes.

Cafe Latte and Apricot are really pretty! They're shades I'd probably wear.. (:

Tammy said...

All of these colors are so pretty, but I love Wild Orchid..it's that perfect "I just ate a popsicle" color but better!

iamgrape1119 said...

Thanks for the review! I was considering getting them! I LOVE how apricot l/g and power l/s looked on you! I swear, you have THE most perfect lips ever!

sarahPUFFY! said...

I love my Louisiana lipstick - not just because its named after my home state, LOL. I even reviewed it a while ago in June - its pretty bitchin, especially over a primer.

fuzkittie said...

Not sticky? Only $2 each?! Omg... I need to get my hands on some. Loving Cafe Latte, sooo pretty and different!!!

Girl you got some pout! :D

Jamila said...

These do smell funny. I couldn't put my finger on it but dishwashing soap is exactly what they smell like! They are a great buy though.

Anastasia said...

Wow, they're so cheap! I only own 2 lipsticks and 2 glosses, because I can't find any cheaper than $20 a piece, and have no clue what shade suits me. (Kinda hard to test lipsticks, since you're not allowed to use testers on your lips...)

At that price I may end up getting a whole bunch just to test colours O_O

B said...

Wow those 2 lipsticks look just like the beloved Heatherette Lipsticks, nice!

sab said...

i am so buying this next pay day! :) you manage to make me a nyx convert. :)

i like apricot, cafe latte, wild orchird & choco mousse! :)

Unknown said...

i'm lovin "power"

AskMeWhats said...

the gloss looks pretty! My favorite is Apricot on you!!! those pink shades are pretty too! :) thanks for the swatches..though I understand about the taste, that's why I seldom finish up a lipgloss as sometimes, the scent just gets too much!

Unknown said...

Aww I wish I knew about that store last week cos I was at Puente Hills for a haircut hehe. Thanks for the belated bday greeting =) here's my email addy ainstein00@gmail.com (its a double zero in the end)

Maquillame Lily said...

Loveeeeeeeeee wild orquid and ballerina pink. Wild orquid is really driving me wild! Beautiful!!

lovemakeup said...

WOW! I love Apricot!
Thanks for the review. Super helpful!

SimplyChic143 said...

You are so right about the smell n taste. That the only thing I dont like about it also. Oh yeah I've been stalking your blog for a while now heheh. I absolutely love all your review, tips and tutorial.

Lauren@Beautique said...

Amazing review!! :-) I'll have to get me some of those! Great blog! Love it. Lauren xox

Bliss said...

Yummmmy colours , i especially love whipped and wild orchid gotta resist lol

christy kimchee. said...

i love them all ... ): how unfortunate for my wallet lol!

Alyson @ The Gloss Menagerie said...

Whipped and Wild Orchid omg! I need them. My wallet says no but my heart says YES! ;)

I really like those 2 lipsticks too. I'm thinking maybe I ought to give NYX lipsticks another chance.

Anonymous said...

I have 2 lipstick from NYX round serie, but i prefer black label better, because the round one taste horrible. ><

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter