Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

New View MSF's

.

I decided to get the New View MSF (Mineralized SkinFinish) from MAC (I know, I am so late on getting these) but I got them simply because it makes a great finishing powder AND for touch ups I didn't want to bring mineral powder because it can get messy! I couldn't decide on which shade to get since my actual skin tone is too light for me (whitish cast in pictures) and because my neck is darker (and I refuse to put makeup on my neck just to match my face so id rather do it the other way around where my makeup matches my neck), so I bought both to compare and so far the Medium Dark is a much better fit for me, it's a bit darker than my normal shade, but nothing too obvious, if anything it gives me a nice healthy glow as oppose to the medium light, which was just a tad bit too light on me, and came out weird in pictures. I also liked the "shimmer" portion of the Medium Deep than the Medium Light. I have a fotd lined up using the "Medium Dark" which I will post soon....

I also ended up getting MAC Shaping Powder (PRO) in "Soft Focus". Sound familiar? It was part of the Sculpt & Shape Duos. I decided to get the actual compact rather than the refill because it's a lot easier for me to carry around. What does this do? Just gives a nice natural highlighting color and glow to the apples of cheeks, the nose, forehead, chin, pretty much anywhere for a nice natural glow or to accentuate your strong features. And yes of course a tutorial on using this coming soon!

I also got "Dipdown" fluidline because I wanted a dark brown liner for neutral looks because black can be too harsh at times when trying to achieve a natural/neutral look, and I got lipglass in "Enchantress" which is a nice peachy pink color with gold and pink flecks.

But for now, enjoy these pics...







16 comments

dianaoldfield said...

Hmmm.. looks yummy Manang Nessa.. I also bought medium dark duo and boy I love it!!! The shimmer is soo pretty!

sophia said...

Love your little haul!

I have Enchantress Lipglass too, from the Holiday collection last yr. It is so pretty.

I am also waiting for New View to be launch here (in S'pore). Also lemming Starflash eyeshadows too! :p

suzie wuzie said...

i agree with you on the shimmers of the medium light. medium light is too pinky and will probably just show as shimmer on my skin. i love the shimmers of the darker MSF duos. can't wait to see your fotd with them!

Anonymous said...

I love the MSF! I also just use mine to touch up my makeup throughout the day. I love how it's matte and then shimmery at the same time =) Save me the trouble of bringing a long a highlighting powder and mineral makeup!

♔Jaimie said...

I think I got the Medium Dark too! Its a little darker than what i usually wear (Medium Plus), but it does give you that nice glow. The other is too light for me. I hope you enjoy your MSF!

AskMeWhats said...

oohhh those look like worth buying!!! :) Can't wait to see your FOTD with those :)

Janelle said...

Oooh whenever I'm at the MAC counter I always look at the New View MSFs, but then I talk myself out of it. Hopefully you can do a tutorial or post pics of them on you.... maybe it will finally sway me to buy it! :P

MakeupByRenRen said...

nice haul! i always wear msf in medium dark as my finishing powder :) it definitely gives the skin a glow...

jenneRs said...

i also got a MSF and it's awesome! but i believe i was reading somewhere on spektra and they were saying that its too hard to make an MSF? im not sure on the whole story though. but, nice haul.

Anastasia said...

Thanks so much for the swatch - medium light actually looks perfect for my skin! I have a hard time finding light skin products that don't make my skin look orange.

It's a good idea too, compacted with pressed powder are so much more convenient for me than loose powder. I'm always paranoid my powder jar will get loose and spill everywhere.

Ethereal Prey said...

I'm totally interested in the new msf, the one where one half is powder and the other is shimmery though i'm wondering if its enough to give you some coverage since i use mineral make up anyways. which brush do you use to put it on and stuff?

Unknown said...

Thanks for your reply to my email! I'll definitely check out the other websites you referred! love you blog-leslie

Anonymous said...

I love the MAC haul. Enchantress seems very pretty, will you do a FOTD with it soon?

I can't wait for your tutorial on Soft Focus.

Cinthia Truong said...

You really are a true MAC girl. I see you hauling practically every new line they have!!! ~jealous~

ainstein said...

hi nessa! thanks for the lip erase suggestion!

christy kimchee. said...

Medium and Medium dark are both beautiful .. esp. the highlight colors

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter