Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Product Review: MAC Lustre Twins Pro LongWear Gloss

.



Product: 4 out of 5
Packaging: 5 out of 5
Quality: 3.5 out of 5
Overall: 4 out of 5
Price: $20, www.maccosmetics.com

What they claim: Lustre Twins color Pro Longwear Lustre Lipcolour
A two-step application of lightweight colour + mirror-finished top coat. Apply the colour. Let it dry. Apply the top coat! Provides sheer to medium coverage with a rich, lustrous, moisturizing finish. Longwearing, comfortable on the lips. Won’t shift, transfer, feather or smudge. Replacement top coats available.

My observation:
These do not budge! I love it! I am not even kidding, when I swatched these on my hand, they DID NOT come off after my shower or washing my hands; I had to use my cleansing oil to remove it. I have never been much of a fan for long wear lippies in general because of either the nasty taste/smell and that tight feeling you get or when it starts to get a bit clumpy and crumby on your lips after awhile.

These get a tight feeling after you apply the actual lip color, but once you apply the top gloss it's fine and it feels moisturizing. I wore it to work and it pretty much lasted the entire 9-hour workshift, I occasionally applied the top gloss to freshen it up throughout the day.

For best results, apply them to your lips with no base so that it adheres to your lips well, let it dry, and then apply the top gloss. Throughout the day you can "refresh" your look by re-applying the top gloss only.

REMOVAL: Use an oil to remove these pro longwears from your lips. You can use MAC's Eye and Lip Makeup Remover or any oil based makeup remover or cleansing oil. Add a couple drops to a paper towel and gently rub it on your lips until it's all gone.

PROS: Really lasts a long time on your lips, many colors to choose from, not just from this collection but from MAC's PRO line. I like how the top gloss in this collection are colored gloss, and not the standard clear/shimmery gloss, which gives it more dimension and an overall different look. Goes on smooth, the colored base (first color you apply) has a doe foot wand (sponge-tip), while the other end, the top gloss has a lip brush for easy application. You can also buy replacement top coats I really love "Ripe & Ready" and "Boss Brown", those are by far my favorites!

CONS: Like with many other prolong wear lippies out there, you WILL get that dry tight feeling when you apply it to ensure that it's "working". It sorta smells to me, but I don't mind it because you don't smell it once it's on your lips. I hate the fact that these in particular are limited edition (the colored top gloss! why?!). And it's pricey! $20 EACH!

You may like this if: You are a busy gal who hates having to re-apply lipstick or lipgloss, you are at a party/club and want to keep partying non-stop without having to carry a tiny clutch JUST for your lipstick or lipgloss.

You may not like this if:
You panic if your lipstick doesn't come off, because these babies will not budge! So if you just like the comfort of being able to remove your lippie, then this may not be for you! LOL.

The lip brush that is with the top gloss for easy application:












22 comments

Mai Nguyen said...

ahhh! i wasn't going to get any of these, but after seeing these swatches! idk....idk. LOL

♡ Nic Nic ♡ said...

ooh my fave on you are Custome Rose + Pink virtue and Pink Air + White top, absolutely gorgeous on you!

Maquillame Lily said...

Those colors are amazing, all of them!! $20 dollars hmmmm...I don't think so...I pay $18 to get my hair done in the salon. But since they don't come off easily I guess you can go and pick the color that you like best and wear it as much as you can, that way I don't feel as guilty for the $20 bucks HAHA! I know I'm so cheap! All the lip colors you use look great on you, probably because your lips are plump. I confess that I take lip color for granted many times, I think that anything will do, I am more of an eye color fanatic!! Take care Nessa!!

sab said...

everything is soooo pretty! :)

Anonymous said...

Red Reflection just looks so awesome!

AskMeWhats said...

wow, it won't budge?? That is something to look out for as my lippie always budges and I just have to reapply again and again!!

Thanks so much for the package! Don't worry about not replying asap, I understand how busy you are :D Thanks again!

iamgrape1119 said...

I swear, you have THE softest/plumpest looking lips! Everything looks great on you!

MakeupByRenRen said...

hmmm i'm eyeing ripe and ready now, he he...some of the lighter colors dont show up on me :(

♔Jaimie said...

great review. Reflection and Mirror is my fave.

Unknown said...

where have you gone!? I miss youu. I was getting withdrawals at work cuz you didn't e-mail me back LOL. But anyway, I ordered my iPhone today LOL. So I'll be joining the club within 10 days. And woot woot for mobile to mobile now LOL. Now I can share with you the sucky service of AT&T, but who cares since we have a kick ass phone!


YAY... almost one more week til SF!


But ya, like always... good review! haha i giggled when I read the part it "will not budge". cuz you probably went to work with those swatches LOL.

Anonymous said...

those look gorgeous on you! i want the pink air/white top one =) i'm a sucker for light pinks. your parents sound so sweet. i had no idea they lived in washington! i thought they lived in cali too =/ my mom really is sweet. she came by two days ago because she bought me some more 7 jeans. lol. she's going out of town again and is gonna get me some more. i love 7 jeans and my mama knows that. lol. well, she does too! it doesn't help when my mom is a shopaholic! it's great to have loving parents! i'm sure my parents can't wait to have be back home.

Digital Angel said...

Wow, they came out like lipstick. I love Rose&Pink Virtue on your lip. Very pretty :)

Ahleessa said...

I was going to do a review on this today, but I think I will direct them to your blog... hehe~ I'm just lazy!... lol~ :X I really like Pink Air/White Top. I might go back and try that out... lol~

Ahleessa said...

You don't seem lazy to me... lol~ :) I get amazed how you update in daily basis. Who does the cooking at home?

Ahleessa said...

That's so sweet of your boyfriend to cook! :) I can't wait to hear how my recipes goes.

Anonymous said...

They are all so pretty!

nilla cookie said...

Awesome review! I can't wait to try these since I've never used "long wear" lippies" before.

I really like Ripe & Ready!

kuuipo1207 said...

Aaaarrrrrg! I wasn't going to buy any cause I find that my lips always get dried out after wearing these...but the colors are so gorgeous!! And in the back of my head, I keep thinking "well maybe MAC changed the formula since I last used the Longwear stuff..." You're such an enabler. lol

Paint Me Gorgeous said...

vanessa, would u know whether it's possible to replace the top gloss with normal gloss, ie, just put the MAC long lasting colour on, then add on gloss from say... Maybelline?

Thanks :)

Vanessa said...

Howdy! The pro long wears from MAC are specially formulated to go with the top gloss on the other end, using it with another gloss changes the texture and consistency of the pro long wear itself and it becomes thick, crumby, and tight on your lips causing you to have to remove everything and re-apply. I tried using one of them with my Nymphette lipglass and another NYX lipgloss and the color itself faded a lot sooner and my lips started to look all cakey and the skin was peeling off, so it doesn't really work with other lipglosses as well as it does with the one that its paired with...

Connie De Alwis said...

I love them! So pretty! I like Boss Brown/Slave to Pink and Pink Air/White Top

Lily said...

thanks for the swatches and the review! i think i will get one just for when i go clubbing because i do hate carrying things around with me! lol

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter