Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Monday, August 25, 2008

Swatches & Review: MAC Cult of Cherry

.

This particular collection didn't impress me personally because the eyeshadow quads featured some permanent eyeshadows and repromotes from past collections. I already have "Deep Truth" (as well as the million variations of it), "Shadowy Lady", and "Tempting". The other colors I doubt id use although they are gorgeous, like "Dark Edge". But for the most part, I think they can be duped with some of the permanent colors or even the Overrich Pigments.

And even though dark vampy lips are the trend for the season, I just don't see it happening on me. The lippies are very rich in color and I love "Kirsch", however I doubt i'll be reaching for it too often. I did manage to get "Liquer" lipglass since I don't have any brown colored lipglasses and "So Scarlet" lipstick since it looked gorgeous on Ren.

I am hoping once I start applying makeup on people as practice I can come with a nice look using them. ***Sorry I accidentally deleted the "Shadowy Lady" quad but I am sure you can find swatches of them online.

Here are some swatches:






Tempting Quad:


Spiced Chocolate Quad:






Comparison of "So Scarlet" to MAC l/s in "Port Red":

10 comments

fuzkittie said...

I want blooming, I want blooming, I want blooming!!! It looks sooo cute! :] Thanks for the swatches~

(g)ezebel said...

i think you'd still look fantastic in dark, vampy lips. it just takes getting used to it.

i like the spiced chocolate quad. i haven't bought any makeup in months... :0/

Anonymous said...

I think I want to go back and swatch Rapturous, Lightly Ripe, Rich & Ripe, and Jampacked again.

Initially I didn't like Jampacked.

Cult of Cherry, So Scarlet and Bing are just divine to me! :)

So Scarlet looks great on you.

That color seems to be very flattering on everyone I've seen wearing it so far.

Telliecoin said...

love the redness of the lippies! btw you're nominated for an award! please do check it out on my blog :)

Unknown said...

this really didn't "wow" me. i read somewhere else on ur page that a hello kitty collab might happen with mac! can't wait!

Unknown said...

aww thanks for the lovely compliment! springsheen was a bit light on me since i'm a bit more tan now. lol. i show up so white in a few of my pictures. but thanks for all of ur help!

have you ever watched the "eye glue" by koji on youtube? it looks cool. i'll eventually get around to it.

Anonymous said...

The blush swatches look nice, but still no CoC for me.

AskMeWhats said...

I am liking "blooming" :)

Anastasia said...

I really love O, I think lipsticks with some gold shimmer in them seem to suit me. Everything else would probably make me look like a clown.

Erin said...

Hello!! I am in LOVE with the Cherry Blossom Lip Glass and was wondering if there is a dupe for it out there. There are no MAC Counters for almost 100 miles, and I would hate to buy it online without having tried it.

Thank you so much!!

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter