Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Friday, November 5, 2010

Urban Decay Naked Palette & FOTD

.

I know, this gorgeous palette has been out for how many months now and I am barely getting around to posting about it...but because you ladies are awesome, have been so supportive and understanding, I made y'all red velvet cupcakes! I love baking (more than cooking! but the fiance is opposite, he loves to cook, so it works out LOL). And since I am a sucker for sweets and cupcakes, I made a batch of jumbo red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting, and man oh man do I love cream cheese frosting! :)

Anyway, I got the Naked Palette from Urban Decay months ago when they first came out and let me tell you- this palette is gorgeous. I totally love neutral browns esp. eyeshadows with a little shimmer, it's the perfect color for Fall!

Honestly, if you are debating to get this or the neutral palette from MAC's Tartan Tale Holiday Collection, I would highly recommend you get this one!

Why? Well let's break it down, the Urban Decay palette is $44 at Sephora and Urbandecay.com, AND you get 12 good-sized, well-pigmented eyeshadows- that's LESS than $4 per eyeshadow! Not only do you get the eyeshadows, you get a double-sided pencil of their infamous eyeliners, in "Zero" and "Whiskey", and a small size of their eyeshadow Primer Potion. With the MAC holiday palettes, they are $38 for only 6 eyeshadows, and half the time, you end up only like 2 out of the 6 colors (at least I know that's the case for me haha). And overall, I just love ALL the colors in this palette, they are just so pigmented and there's a variety of shades from light to dark (even a black and a soft gray color) to achieve neutral or dark smokey looks.

[click on pics to enlarge]


Swatches done dry, with finger, in one swipe:

And here is a simple neutral look I did using the UD Naked Palette (as well as the MAC Pro Longwear Concealer and Foundation which I will do a review and post on soon):


 What I used:

[Face]
- MAC Pro Longwear Concealer in NC20
- MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NC30
- MAC Pro Longwear Foundation in NC35
- MAC Sheer Pressed Powder in NC35 as a finish/setting powder
[Cheeks]
- MAC "The Soft Meow" Mineralize Blush
- MAC "Emote" blush for contouring 

[Eyes]
- Mixture of "Naked" and a little "Sin" e/s on the lower lid
- Mix of "Buck" and "Smog" on the outer-v and crease
- A little bit of "Hustle" on the outer-v
- MAC e/s in "Bisque" and "Orb" as highlight
- MAC Fluidline in "Blacktrack"
- L'Oreal Telescopic Mascara in very black
- UD eyeliner in "Rockstar" on lower lashline

[Lips]
- MAC lustre lipstick in "Lazy Day"

23 comments

donnarence said...

this is one of my wishlist for my birthday.. its the first time i wanted a palette from a UD.. i am ok with cs palettes but this one looks very tempting.. btw, i always loved your FOTD!! as in... your swatches look so beautiful..

Vanessa said...

Thank you Donna! *blushes*, I hope you get this for your bday, you will love it!

Angela said...

Hi, Ness! I missed you! Gosh, thanks for the review. You always take great photos.

Katie said...

No need to worry about posting late. I just did a post on this palette a couple of days ago as well. Hehe. It really is a wonderful palette. =)

P.S.
That cupcake looks delicious! Cream cheese frosting is the best!

Leslie said...

Gorgeous!

kali said...

Thanks for the red velvet cupcakes LOL! =P I love the NAKED palette -you're FOTD is fabulous!

Ms. Rodil aka Supervillain1 said...

Ahhh I love red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting. Yikes I'm temporarily dieting for an upcoming event, but I think I'm going to cheat tomorrow. smh. =)

watercoloursky said...

great to see you back! and thanks for checking out my blog, i've also been a little mia there :)

i still haven't seen this palette in stock for a long time here...the colours look gorgeous though! love your blending there!

Mara said...

Boy, that cupcake was so yummy. ;) Anyways I love your look, I miss them actually. I just got the Naked palette and I do like it!

Unknown said...

Ive been wanting to get my hands on this puppy for a while and no luck!!! :( But i can wait luckily it is permanent and I didnt have to be a stalker on the UD website like I did for the UD<3NYC palette lol !!! Any ideas where it might be in stock?

Great FOTD like always =)

Arezu said...

That cupcake looks delicious! I love baking as well, but I'm more of a "out of the box" baker, I've never tried baking from scratch :P

I love the look you posted! I'm debating whether or not I'd purchase the palette because the colours are shimmery, and I like a more matte/shimmery balance - so I wouldn't like that I'd have to reach out of the palette for more matte colours.

chibi said...

This palette is gorgeous but I still can't get my hands on it.
It's always sold out.
I really like the look you did.

I love to bake too and my bf likes to cook.
He's really good at it.

tanvilovesmac said...

Compare UD to MAC palette: I never thought of it that way. I just wish that the UD Naked palette had more colourful colours, as opposed to neutral colours =(
But very helpful post. Will definately think of ordering one on Sephora =)

The cupcake looks tasty. Now I'm inspired to bake some as well..

Unknown said...

Since I just bought the Book of Shadows III, this palette has to wait. It is forever out of stock at Sephora and each eyeshadow is a full size item. Therefore, it is more economical than MAC.

Thanks for the cupcake. I love red velvet with cream cheese frosting as well.

Dhini said...

Wauw...georgeous aplette
Love your FOTD

Nicole said...

I love this look

Annie said...

mmmmm red velvet. whenever I make them, I barely put any food colouring but they still taste so good!

Leenda said...

Such a pretty look with the Naked palette! I loveeee red velvet cupcakes. They're the bomb! lol

indianmakeupways said...

the palette sure looks amazing!

Steph said...

oooh i now definitely want that palette! anyhoo, is there any chance you can share your red velvet cupcake recipe? ive been wanting to make those :D

Janelle said...

I love to bake too! Red velvet w/ cream cheese frosting is one of my fave. :) Yay for the Naked palette. I never travel without it!

Kalmo said...

I love red velvet cupcakes and cream cheese frosting. MMM! Thanks for the pretty palette swatches Vanessa, your EOTD is gorgeous. :)

Unknown said...

i really wanna have this palette too :) the colours look so beautiful, can't wait to buy it^^
drey jewelry.

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter