Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Friday, September 12, 2008

Product Review: Lorac Double Feature Concealer Stick

.


Product: 4 out of 5
Packaging: 5 out of 5
Quality:5 out of 5
Overall:4 out of 5
Price: $24, Sephora.com
Shade I bought: DF2 (Warm Medium)
Would I re-purchase: You bet your bottom dollar! YES!

What it is: A concealer, highlighter, and hygienic blender ball all in one slim stick.

What it does: LORAC Double Feature delivers red-carpet-worthy correction and perfection. Cover undereye circles and hide blemishes with this oil-, paraben-, and fragrance-free full-coverage, long-wearing concealer stick and blend in with the blender ball. Then use the paraben-free, moisture-rich liquid highlighter to lighten and brighten under eyes, highlight your cheekbones, and help diffuse fine lines.

Ingredients:

Concealer:
Octyldodecanol, Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Mica, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Polyethylene, Ozokerite, Nylon-12, Barium Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hexylene Glycol, Bht, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Lithospermum Erythrorhizon Root Extract, Sea Salt. May Contain: Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891).
Highlighter:
Water, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Cyclopentasiloxane, Mineral Oil, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Lauroyl Lysine, Glycerin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Glyceryl Caprylate, Microcrystalline Wax, Sodium Chloride, Zinc Stearate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Bees Wax, Tocopherol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Propylene Carbonate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Allantoin, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Tocopheryl Acetate. May Contain: Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891).



PROS:
- All-in-one, need I say more? It has the concealer stick (which has a lot of product) so you get more bang for your buck, you have a blender ball which I love because it really does a great job at blending and I never have come across anything like it, you unscrew the bottom and you then have a highlighter too to brighten the eyes and diminish dark circles.
- No weird smell, very easy and quick to use, just apply the concealer, blend with the ball, and highlight.
- Considering you get a 3-in-1, I consider $24 to be really affordable, a MAC concealer is already $14.50 (around there), so for $10 more you get A LOT more!
- The concealer stick is really pigmented and not sheer, so you don't need a lot because a little goes a long way.
- No parabens! The Paraben Free Princess might love this! Hi girl! :)
- Very compact and easy to carry/travel with.

CONS:
- The highlighter is a bit too shimmery for my taste, you only need a dot, if it was less shimmery, it would be perfect!

Overall? This is a BRILLIANT product, it really does everything I need to conceal and hide dark circles in a jiff and it's in a reasonable price range and the actual quality of it is awesome and very pigmented. The best part is blending with the blender ball which is just a plastic-type ball (similar to the roller balls in lipglosses), it's not makeup itself but is soft enough to gently blend the concealer stick. I also love the packaging and how it doesn't take up a lot of space so it's a staple in my purse! Others have also RAVED about it, and you can read some of the reviews HERE.





















17 comments

Lauren@Beautique said...

that looks great! thanks :) x

Ai said...

that's awesome! i've been looking for a perfect concealer under eye.. i wonder do they have it in indonesia tho..

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the review! how do you like this compared to the maybelline concealer you recently reviewed?

Nicole said...

Ooh, Looks good Vanessa! I'll have to look in to this next time I'm at Sephora :)

Camilla said...

Hey Vanessa I have a non-topic related question... Could you possibly do a look or tutorial with 60's style makeup? I love looking at pics from these times and wanna try a makeup like that but I feel like I can't catch certain details to create a perfect 60's look...

yeahyeahyeah said...

Hey,
The product sounds great; I'm always on the lookout for better concealers- the greatest problem I have is that my concellor ALWAYS seem to emphasize my undereye wrinkles.
Do you have any advice for that problem? ^

Thank in advance & btw I love all the reviews you do!

Robyn @ Purely Cosmetics said...

OK, I can live with these ingredients. Am I the Paraben Free Princess? LOL

I'm not big on the dimethicone either, but as you probably read on my blog about pressing minerals, your eye area is the least worse place for silicone derivitaves, and I'm resigning myself to the fact that that my be what I have to use to press loose shadows.

RESSA said...

wow vanessa great review. I must try this out. quick quest. im an
nc42 skin should i get DF2 or DF3??
Thanks girl!

GS said...

Hi there!

I found this blog through cherryculture.com and I like it! cool nails by the way.

Vanessa said...

Hi Ladyoh! I like them both, Maybelline is just quicker to use and I love the highlighter on that one instead of the Lorac one, the Lorac one is too shimmery for my taste, but I do love the concealer in stick form as well because it's less messy and the blender ball is just awesome!

Ressa- I think you may be a DF3

Tracy Roa said...

This looks like a great product. Thanks for the review!

MakeupByRenRen said...

wow i'm liking the blender ball...once i'm done with my MAC concealer i'm going to have to give this a go!

Sara said...

Thanks for the review! This is a product I will def. have to try out!

Have you tried any of "Mallys" products before?

I was thinking about trying out her nude lip set & maybe a few others. Please let me know if ya have :]

xO.

Ahleessa said...

Oh wow the concealer really looks good on you! :) I might have to look into it in the future after I'm done with the ones I have.

Ally said...

Ooo... Thanks for the review!
I'm going to buy this once I'm done with my concealer.

AskMeWhats said...

wow thanks for this, that is a great product!

Lydia said...

Ooo I've wanted to try this, I saw it at Sephora. Also, I love your nails!

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter