Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Dark Circles & Puffy Eyes

.

I have been getting questions lately on what is an effective way to get rid of dark circles. Let's face it we all have it- at least at one point or another. It can be hereditary and if you have allergies, it can contribute to dark circles and puffiness. I usually use gel pads on my eyes that you put in the fridge to reduce puffiness and discoloration under your eye, or the tablespoons in the freezer trick. I also read somewhere on a forum that someone swore that ShiSeido's Benefiance Revitalizing Cream does wonders on dark circles. I haven't tried any dark circle creams to even recommend any unfortunately, but I am sure you can find one that has Vitamin K as they suggest that helps in reducing it.

But I have done some research online on Wikihow and other various sites such as Getridofthings.com so check out their site for more tips!

Cover problem areas with a neutralizer or corrector. You can use a yellow or peach-toned concealer (salmon colored) which will camouflage the bluish dark tones under your eyes. The yellow/peach undertones in the makeup will help cancel out the purple, blue, and brownish colors of your undereye circles. After applying, set the concealer with a light dusting of translucent powder.

Here is a quick tutorial on how I cover up my dark circles using MAC Studiofix Concealer in NC35 (because I personally love CREAM concealers, I think they work superbly and because they are a bit thicker than liquid concealers, they stay on longer for me), Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer Wand with highlighting end, and Anastasia's Shimmer Pencil in Chiffon:



Blend with a sponge such as the Beauty Blender Sponge after applying concealer.

Should look like this:




Then applied a highlighter to brighten the area to reflect the appearance of dark circles and to give you a more wide-eyed, awake look...








18 comments

Anonymous said...

As a makeup artist I am not a fan of doing anything NC or cool to combat any darkness. if anythng a cooler color would accentuate the darkness under the eye.

fuzkittie said...

Woah! I'm itching to try that anastasia pencil!

Starry x2 night said...

Thanks for the great tips and tut! haha, I always seem to bring out my dark circles more every time I try to hide them, so I'll definitely be following these steps!

im done said...

ugh i hate puffy dark circles !!

i get them a lot when i don't sleep much.

i knew some of these tips already but thanks for the blog anyway! there was actually a good handful of things i never knew before!
i was considering getting an allergy test thing to see what it is that makes my sinuses act up..just to know.

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

goooood morning gorgeous! :D

Lauren@Beautique said...

thats really good! thanks :) x

Anastasia said...

Vitamin K works wonders on thin spider-veins and that's what Vitamin K cream is predominantly used for. I haven't heard anything about it being used for puffiness/dark circles, but for reducing the appearance of facial spiderveins, sure.

Also, gotta love Anastasia products 'cause of the name =D

AskMeWhats said...

great tip! I've got dark circles and bags too, and yeah, the best way is to do all those what you've said AND make up! lol

Anonymous said...

Hey there, I read your blog everyday. I love it. I was wondering do you have any recommendations for face highlighters? something to make you look glowy?

Kiss and Makeup said...

I completely agree about the MAC concealers being great a concealing under circle eyes. I have one of the Studio Finish concealer palettes that I bought forever ago and I'm in love with it.

Also, thanks for the illustration of how to use the Anastasia pencils. I have the kit, and I couldn't get the eye brightener to look right, and I realized I wasn't making the marks thick enough!

I'm new to the blogging, so I'm going to follow you. Hope that's okay!

Katie Golightly said...

it was passed on to me and now im passing it to you... the "i love your blog award" = D check out my page to view the details.

Shen said...

oohh!! i will definitely get me some mac concealer asap. too bad my shade was OS when i last visited. :) i'm itching to get my hands on that maybelline product. :)

Anonymous said...

most excellent post!

I think for some people, it is generic but for many, it is lack of sleep and lack of care. And you have given the best advice. :)

and i hope local maybelline has the product! going to check it out but I guess the chance is slim...

(g)ezebel said...

gah. you blend so well. it looks so good on you. i have MAC NC35 concealer, too. maybe it's too light for my skin. it looks horrible on me. :0(

i looove your nail polish.

XPPINKXX said...

MAPLE FACE

you need to stop tea bagging romeo that is why you have black and blue eyes!!!!...

btw i nominated you BECAUSE I HEART YOU AND YOUR BLOG!

a stupid questionnaire...DO ITTTTTTT!....(manly voice and little fist)

The Shades Of U said...

Hi Nessa! Dammit, your nails are looking great again! Your eyes definitely looked well-rested. Don't you love that Anastasia highlighting pencil? Amazing stuff. Take care girl! :)

Unknown said...

This was a big help, i didn't realize salt could cause puffy eyes. Aside from a cold cloth over the eyes in the morning I will try reducing my salt intake.

Sherry Go Sharing said...

thanks for sharing :) lol... I am beginner so much to learn.

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter