Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Product Review: Clean & Clear Blackhead Eraser

.

This thing was staring at me for months whenever I went into a store and I never got it because I don't have any blackheads, (but occasionally I do get whiteheads), and didn't really want to spend $16 for it given that I don't have blackheads! But after seeing Tracy's review and how she mentioned it makes a great exfoliator- it made me wanna try it myself since I was in need of one.

I know RiceBunny uses a toothbrush, but I wanted something with more surface area and this little gadget is the perfect size and conforms well to your hand so it's very easy to use. I have had a dry and rough chin for a few weeks due to the weather and the skin was very uneven and blotchy; i've been using this for just a few days and my skin after the first use was already noticeably smoother and more supple. I also noticed how even my skin felt and looked, my chin seriously feels like a baby's bottom! I am DEFINITELY IMPRESSED!

I have NOT tried the wave so I don't know how they compare, but Tracy definitely compares the two on her review on it so check it out. Frankly I like that this has a little bit more oomph (acne fighting part) rather than the wave so it's a plus for me.

Product: 5 out of 5
Packaging: 5 out of 5
Quality: 5 out of 5
Overall: 5 out of 5
Price: $16-17, any 'mart' store or drugstores
Comes with: 20-pack refill pads which contain the blackhead serum, and a battery



How you use it: Place the pad onto the device which is held together by velcro, wet your face or the pad (the device is waterproof, I use mine in the shower), turn on the vibrations, then in circular, upward motions do your entire face or areas that are have or are prone to blackheads to reveal smoother, clearer skin.

PROS:
- Very small and convenient, which makes it perfect to use anywhere, even for traveling
- Easy to use
- Requires a battery that you can replace, and not a built in one so you can use it over and over again
- Comes with 20 pack pads containing acne fighting ingredients as well such as salicylic acid to control and treat acne and blackeads
- They also sell refill packs in 20 (sold separately), so when you are done with your pack you can buy them for $5.99
- Immediate results! My skin is so much more softer and even.

CONS:
- None that I can think of!

Would I buy it again? Yes, at least I only have to buy the refills, but like I said, it makes an AWESOME facial exfoliator, so even if you do not have blackheads, it's great for cell turn over (sloughing off dead skin cells), to reveal more radiant and smoother skin.





33 comments

AskMeWhats said...

JnJ in the US makes such great products! I haven't seen this until I've read Tracy's review and now, yours. I don't have blackheads too but if my sister saw this, she'll go crazy coz she loves to have a tool used to remove blackheads!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this. I was really curious about it. The hubbs uses Neutrogena's Wave and since it was similar to this I wondered if it worked better or not. But I definitely want to try it now.

Joanna said...

great review. i think i will give this gadget a try. =)

Maquillame Lily said...

uuuuuuu! Me like! It seems like it leaves your face really really clean. I'll definately try it!

sab said...

wow! it is a bit expensive... but aren't we all grateful for reviews? :)

Jo said...

hey nessa, i have these white dots that have appeared on the sides of the nose and I think they may be whiteheads. I started getting them when I started using mineral make up. How can you get rid of them? Thank you!

xo jo

Sara said...

Ooo Vanessa you and your great reviews! Now I have to go and buy this too! :] haha Oh well, 17$ isn't too bad especiallly for something that makes ur face feel like a baby's bottom, I'm all for it!

I am loving Purely Cosmetics mineral foundation in Olive Beige, best so far! Thank you for that again :] It makes the mornings before work so much easier/faster!

Hope all is well doll! Keep in touch Xx

IbisCaraib said...

What would you recommend for whitheads and large pores?

MakeupByRenRen said...

oh great product...i like how it's tiny...right now i just use my coastal scents facial cleansing brush to exfoliate...but i might need an upgrade

iamgrape1119 said...

Thanks for the review! It looks so interesting. I never dared to buy them b/c they look gimicky, but now I know better!

Ethereal Prey said...

this thing reminds me of the neutragena wave thing, which exfoliates pretty well but does that weird vibrating thing. does the clean and clear one vibrate too? i'm wondering now if it does get rid of blackheads, cause those biore strips only do so much...so lucky you don't have blackheads!

Ethereal Prey said...

this thing reminds me of the neutragena wave thing, which exfoliates pretty well but does that weird vibrating thing. does the clean and clear one vibrate too? i'm wondering now if it does get rid of blackheads, cause those biore strips only do so much...so lucky you don't have blackheads!

Unknown said...

Interesting gizmo. Neutrogena has something like it for around $10 with coupon. http://www.neutrogenawave.com/

Two of my best dead skin zappers are still baking soda and aspirin mask followed by EVOO/Jojoba oil heat mask.

The Paraben Free Princess said...

LOL. I just visited Tracey's page. She compares this to the Neutrogena Wave. Der!

Nikkia Chanel said...

OMG!! OK I have been wanting this blackhead gadget for a while because I suffer from blach heads on my nose but didn't want to shell out 16 bucks. Thanks so much for this review. *Putting this on my Wal-mart list*
Thanks

♡ Nic Nic ♡ said...

i want to try this!!!

BeautyJunkie said...

sold!!..god Im such a sucker!!

Cinthia Truong said...

You don't have blackheads? How lucky you are!!! I'm sold on this.

Anonymous said...

the neutrogena one works pretty well! my mom bought it and it works great. my face was reallllllly smooth after i used it! but my mom didn't get the small neutrogena wave thing. she just got the regular sized exfoliator. it works great!

(g)ezebel said...

because i am lazy, i might hafta pick this up at my next walgreen's run! normally, i use neutrogena's buff puff and their facial soap.

Anastasia said...

Thanks Nessa! Your comment cheered me up a bit on my AWFUL day.

I used the super-cheapie Sleek palette (£4.49! Love!) for the look, and yes, the tape helps tremendously but it takes a hella-long time to get the shapes straight and symmetrical (it isn't perfect, even now). It was great to be able to shade/blend with the tape on though, then just whip it off and have perfect lines.

I haven't heard of art deco as anything other than a historical art period, but that doesn't necessarily mean we don't have it, I'm still new at this whole thing. 6 months ago I'd never worn anything other than boring £1 brown eyeshadow, and didn't know make-up brushes existed.

More info, please? D:

Anastasia said...

Oh btw, I like this review, I hope we have this in the UK. It looks like a way-cheaper-version of the Clarisonic Skin Brush, which I waant. Is it good for cleansing out ALL your make-up? I'm a bit obsessive about wanting TOTALLY clean skin.

Anastasia said...

Ah, it says there's 1 in Great Britain, in Liverpool (which is a bit of a trek), but it's inside some nailbar type store, so I don't know if they'd sell all the products or just the nailcare.

They have a proper store in Italy though, so you should ask http://beautifulwithbrains.wordpress.com/

Gio is Italian, she might live close by! :]

Shen said...

I wanna try this!! :) got your package already! i love all of it! thanks for the freebies. it got here sept 18 but i got it from my friend last just wed when she got home from the province. thanks so much!! i soooo love everything! :)

ainstein said...

thanks love! oh yeh i got the merlot moisturizer at walgreens and i love it! i swear everytime i go to ur blog i lem for new things. i think i wanna get the anastasia brow pen. =D

Tracy Roa said...

Ooh, you got one, too! I decided to use some of the remaining Neutrogena Wave pads I had, and it made my face burn! It hurt so bad. Never again! LoL. I'm thinking about upgrading from the Blackhead Eraser to the Clarisonic. Very tempting...

Anonymous said...

This online drugstore in canada recently had a discount on this...but i had no deal idea what it was~!
wish that sale had been later...then i could have totally picked this up at a good price :)
still thanks for sharing! this means i will keep my eye open for it, so i may purcahse it next time :)

Makeupfairytale said...

i love your blog, it's been so long since i've read blogs in general, been so busy. anyways ignore those mean anonymous people. i think and know you're super pretty inside and out :)

(g)ezebel said...

okay, why no comments on the other post? :0P

my motto: Live and Let Live.

*hands nessa fire-resistant suit for the flamers*

fck those bitches!!!!

pookie said...

EY! I just went out and bought this............because ooooff YOU!!!! grrr..so temptinggggg..haha..but yeah I LOVE IT! I got it for 16 bucks. Dayem Walgreensss..they sell it for 20 bucks. I got like a five daaollr coupon on it. Anyway,, psst...I like it so far, used it twice today..hehehe..
Oh and I have seen my black heads slightly dissappear! Can't wait until full results! I hope!

Vanessa said...

Hi POOKIE! Nice! I am glad you love it, let me know how you like it overall after a few more tests but I love it too, I can't believe how good it works!

MzUnicaHija19 said...

I am so buying this!!!
Thanks for the review!

Valerie said...

Thanks for the review I probably get myself one soon. Hate those whitehead urgh!

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter