Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Friday, September 19, 2008

Tutorial: 60's Makeup

.







The pic above is a technique in the makeup world called "cutting the crease". It can change the way your eyelid looks, giving it more depth and shape. This technique of course was popular in the 60's, giving a more animated look.

I had a request from Camilla to do just the basic technique for an eye look from the 60's; a look that Twiggy wore best.

Here is a super quick tut I did on re-creating a 60's look, but shaded the outer-V for a modern spin. I only did one eye because once again, my allergies was flaring up (I can't wait till this season is over), so you can even see some redness in my eyes because of it, I apologize!

Adding scotch tape to parts of your eye does wonders when it comes to makeup, especially artsy makeup for photoshoots, it just give a nice straight line where you need it and ensures an "even eyeshadow" application.








Apply your eyeliner, thick is better for a 60's look. I also applied liquid eyeliner (Revlon Colorstay Liquid Eyeliner) on my lower lashline and angled it to give the eye some shape. Then apply your falsies. As you can see the clear cut line the scotch tape gave...





I didn't apply mascara to blend with the falsies in this pic just so you can see more detail...




25 comments

cta808 said...

love it its super cool and look at those lashes i never new they came like that in the package lol love it and shoot my eyes have been acting up too lately espicially toward the end of the day they get all red sucks

well keep up the good work
<3chanel

AskMeWhats said...

That is a very pretty 60s look, I love the TWIGGY look! I love it, I hope your allergies get better!

tokyostargirl said...

How crazy - I was just looking up 60s makeup looks today! I have a client that is going to a 60s party tomorrow and wants me to do her makeup! I think you read my mind!

Unknown said...

Wow. I love those eyelashes. Were did you get them from. Can you show us how to put on bottom lashes?

MakeupByRenRen said...

hot look sis! i love those lashes...i actually did a similar kind of look on a shoot i did a few weeks ago...i think this look will never go out of fashion

Phyllis Bourne said...

I adore Twiggy!!!! I'm guessing I'm the only one reading this that got the Twiggy Barbie for Christmas 1967.

Anyhoo, you nailed this look! Thanks for the scotch tape tip!

iamgrape1119 said...

WOW....is all I can say! It completely transformed your look! Very impressive!

Carly Slym said...

I love this look, those lashes are great too!

You should def do both eyes when your eyes get better :)

josephine siu said...

The clean line created by using the tape is really interesting! Maybe I should try that since I always make a mess ):

Have a great weekend, Nessa!

Tracy Roa said...

Great job, Nessa! This is an amazing look.

Camilla said...

Thanks you a lot Vanessa!!! This is a great tutorial, I'm gonna try to do 60's look now thru the weekend!

Phyrra said...

That's very cool!

I hope your allergies lessen for you. I know personally how much they can suck :(

-Decorative Diva

The Shades Of U said...

So pretty Nessa! I got the scotchtape tip from MakeUpGeekTV on YouTube, and it goes SO well with my eye shape! It's so easy to apply the crease/outer V color using it. Can't wait to use that technique and as usual, you look a-ma-zing.

Anonymous said...

This is an amazing look. I love the lashes! Thanks for the tutorial.

A Gal On A Budget said...

Deja vu! I blogged about Twiggy on Wednesday =D. It must be a mod kind of week ;).

veraMAC said...

I like the tape idea :) hahah nice look!

*Jen* said...

this looks so cool, and i love the tape idea for a clean straight edge! and those falsies for your lower lashe line look great, i've been wanting to try those since i have ZERO lower lashes.

i hope your allergies are doing a little better!

Anastasia said...

It'd look good for a sort've big-eyed lolita look. Thanks for the tip about the scotch tape, I have a hard time making my eyeshadow/eyeliner shape not go screwiffy, I'm gonna try that!

Selmas0ngs said...

Oh wow that looks awesome. I always thought mod make up was cute but never really thought of ACTUALLY doing it...but now I will! Thanks for the tutorial :)

<3

FuN and MakeUp said...

whoaa where did u get those eyelashes?? this is one hell of a look! u did a GREAT job!!! the looks is kinda depressin too but i lovee it!!! you have really good ideas!

alien man?! said...

FUN!!!! I should give this a monolidic whirl

ainstein said...

whoa nice lashes! it looks so fluttery! quick question, what kind of brush is that on the pic?

mk said...

i've never heard of using tape, that sounds like such a great idea!

yummy411 said...

gorgeous!

Phoebe Limanta said...

wow! i love that look! and your set of falsies :)
do you know if they're available in australia? :)

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter