Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Product Review: Mandom Gatsby Black Mega Scrub

.

Product: 3.5 out of 5
Packaging: 5 out of 5
Overall: 3.5 out of 5
Would I buy again? Yes
Price: Got it on sale for $3, but usually around $5-7. Bought it at a tiny Asian store in Diamond Bar (forgot the name) but also available on Ohayo.com, or Marukai. I also found it HERE.

This scrub falls under the men's skincare line, but I like it regardless, and it's gentle enough for us gals (at least in my opinion), and I know some of you already tried men's facial scrubs before, so this is just another to try!

What it does: Removes dirt and oil from pores with comfortable scrubs. Contains Charcoal powder and three scrubs made of charcoal, different in size, shape, and touch. Leaves your skin refresh after wash. Keeps your skin clean and helps prevent acne. Aqua note scent. Preservative free.

Directions:
Take a generous amount onto palm (about 2cm) and create fine foam. Massage through face and rinse well with water. Do not shake the container.

PROS:
- Has a minty-citrus sort of a scent
- Gives a nice cool, refreshing sensation on you face, similar to that of the Neutrogena Deep Clean Facial Wash
- I love how it's black and has tiny scrubbing beads that exfoliate the face and help slough off dead skin cells
- Pretty big tube for the price and has a lot of product, better than dealing with messy jars
- Consistency is the same as many facial washes with the beads

CONS:
- Left my face with a tight feeling, almost dry, but I follow-up with moisturizer so it's not so bad

Overall? It's a pretty good product for the price, it's not the best scrub out there I am sure, but it's decent and great for traveling. I like the cooling sensation it gives, leaving your face nice and clean.



7 comments

im done said...

charcoal?! hahaha
for some reason you don't think that would be good for your face.

i really don't get why some products should be generized.
if genderize is a word.
sometimes i think its a way to make more money.

great review!

Adriyah said...

I envy you because you can try lots of products and they don't make you break out. You have really nice skin. I saw your model mayhem pics, you are very sexy! :D

My hubby's friend is at Mayhem also :)

Anonymous said...

You should try OXY ( Japan) it's also a guys' line , but it works well for me , because I have oily skin...

Another recommendation will be shiseido BLACK , it's really good too...

XPPINKXX said...

DOLL FACE

i love this scrub i got mine on sale for 3 bucks too...

i think this scrub is geared more towards men...but i use it when i am lazy and i need to scrub and wash my dirty face at the same time...

G_046 said...

OMG!
Gatsby! Haven't heard this product since I left my country for college! HAHAHAHHAHHA. Glad it works for you =)

Starry x2 night said...

Oooh! I love charcoal scrubs, nothing else feels so squeaky clean, haha. My boyfriend loves everything Gatsy, but do you know if they make anything for women?

Anonymous said...

yeah it's quite refreshing :D

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter