Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Product Review: Merlot Grape Seed Moisturizer

.

Product: 4 out of 5
Packaging: 3 out of 5
Quality: 4 out of 5
Overall: 4 out of 5
Price: $14, Walgreens (4 oz.)
Other things to know: It has SPF 15, and they have a night moisturizer as well (with no SPF), you can find more of their amazing products by clicking here.

I know that Tao uses this too and loves it, and I do too!

What they say: Creme de Vin is made of natural red grape seeds polyphenols. It offers sensational antioxidant properties thereby helping to inhibit the aging process.

* Natures most powerful antioxidant
* Anti-Aging
* SPF 15
* Fragrance Free
* Non-Oily


Ingredients:

Purified Water , Grape Seed Polyphenols , Propylene Glycol , Petrolatum , Dimethicone , Chamomile Extract , Cetyl Alcohol , Glyceril Monostearate , Stearic Acid , Phenoxyethanol , Triethanolamine , Carbomer 940 , Comfrey Extract , Aloe Vera , Zinc Oxide

PROS:
- It's non-oily or greasy and I love that, I hate moisturizers that make my face feel sticky and yucky after I apply it, and my skin just absorbs this and feels really nice after, no sticky-ness at all!
- Smells like grapefruit, and for some reason that alone made me already think that it's "working" and was a good moisturizer.
- Big jar, has A LOT of product in it, enough to last you a long time, so well worth the $14! (look how big it is compared to my hand)
- My face has stayed clear and free from blemishes, a lot more softer and supple, and looks more refined and even-toned.
- Paraben-free and has anti-aging antioxidants (grape seed!)
- Has SPF 15

CONS:

- As much as I love the huge jar because you are getting so much product, I personally like pump dispensers so that I don't have to dip my fingers in it and get the cream all in my nails. It's also hard to transfer this into a dispenser because it's quite thick.
- Kinda bulky to travel with but there are some jars that come with a free-travel size version.
- When my skin is really thirsty sometimes, I need to apply more of it because it can feel like it's more on the watery side (it's not) but it's not as thick as normal moisturizers so it's sort of a pro/con.

Overall? Give it a try if you are searching for a new moisturizer. I LOVE this moisturizer! I used it for awhile now and my skin is so supple and clear, I found a lot of other great reviews on it as well on MakeupAlley and other forums, find these reviews: HERE and HERE.



Look how much is in there!

11 comments

iamgrape1119 said...

I'm glad you gave it a try! I LOVE IT! I also tried their grapeseed eyecream, I really like one too, but my mom stole it from me! LOL!

Jillian said...

I've been looking for a new moisturizer and this looks wonderful, but is it only available at Walgreen's? We don't have them in the sticks! :(

Ethereal Prey said...

but does it dye your skin purple?! LOL!

Alyson @ The Gloss Menagerie said...

I'll keep that in mind for when I run out of the 2 I have (yeah, in like 2 years LOL). It's sliiiightly cheaper than my Alba Botanica and easier to get than my mark. stuff. And hey, it's purple. That alone should make it worth trying, right? The 'watery' consistency is a plus for me and something I actually seek out in a moisturizer.

The Paraben Free Princess said...

Paraben Free? I'll have to check it out! Walgreen's actually has a lot of odd brand paraben free and organic products. I was surprised.

ainstein said...

i saw this at walgreens a few weeks back and was intrigued by it. i didnt get it cos i was waiting for someone to review it hehe =P.
have u gone to the la fair yet?

itsliz89.com said...

Wow, thanks for sharing! I'm going to check this out!

Andra said...

I'm all about paraben-free but too bad about the dimethicone! I have to steer clear of all silicones, they clog my skin something fierce.

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

looks yummy! and i love grapefruit smelling things. it just smells refreshing.

Ahleessa said...

Oh that's sounds like a cool moisturizer. I should check it out! :)

Completely Anonymous.. said...

If you like grape seed extract products, you should try the Queen Helene Antioxidant Grape Seed Extract Peel Off Masque. I love your makeup by the way!

http://christinaisbored23.blogspot.com/

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter