Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Friday, September 19, 2008

Haul & Swatches: Mehron Aqua Paradise Palettes in Pastel & Tropical

.



I was so happy to finally receive my Mehron Paradise Palettes today (and a Ben Nye Lumiere e/s in "Turquiose")! They are water-activated moist cakes that go on super pigmented once dry and really have remarkable staying power. They are easily removed with soap and water, but even there was still a bit on me, so it stays on! I saw xsparkage do a video on these and I was intrigued. :)

I can't wait to do a look with these! You can get them from Bubba Sikes or from Stage Supply.

So how do these differ from the MUFE (Make Up For Ever) Flash Color Pots and MAC Paint Pots?

The MUFE Flash Color Pots are pigmented as well, but the consistency is that of a cream, so it tends to crease and you must use a lot of eyeshadow on top control it from creasing, but even then it comes off easily and doesn't stay on.
The MAC Paint Pots are awesome, I love them and they have become a staple in my makeup bag, they too dry to a nice finish making it a decent base (for ME anyway) and since they come in different colors it can enhance the look of your eyeshadows. However, they do not have a wide range of colors (such as a bright purple or a yellow).
The Mehron Palettes come in bright and basic eye-catching colors, very pigmented and vibrant, dries to a nice finish and stays on. Makes a great base to bring out the colors of eyeshadows, also great for face painting since they are true in color, made with aloe and chamomile and other ingredients that are safe to use on the face.

Video on my haul along with swatches:




















I also got a single Ben Nye Lumiere Eyeshadow in "Turquiose" (swatch is in the video):

25 comments

roxy. said...

omg the colors are so pretty! =] i think i might just get one! just wanted to let you know that i nominated your blog for the i <3 your blog award, i know you probably get millions all the time but i really do <3 your blog! =]

miemiemie said...

the bright colors look so pretty, reminds me of watercolor palettes :) i don't think i can pull off any look with those colors though..:)

mayaari said...

those colors are so vibrant! I'd probably never use them since I do a lot of neutral makeup, but I can't wait to see what sort of looks you come up using these with the rest of your makeup :)

Faye Angelica said...

hey vanessa, been reading your blog for awhile, love your reviews and tutorials.

Juderivera started the mehron paradise aq craze on youtube! Thank you for doing a full review and providing the store links! they're completely unavailable here in singapore!

marisol said...

I can't wait to see all the gorgeous FOTD's that will come out of these palettes.

FuN and MakeUp said...

the colors r soo pretty! i just saw ur video.. i dont get how to use them tho... gotta put water? r u gonna do a video tutorial? and do a look using these colors? that'll be great!! =)

FuN and MakeUp said...

oh yea and they kinda look like paint lol

im done said...

colors look great@!
man ur c box wont let me post!!!!
it says i have to register my name and it wont let me log in. or someting weird like that........
grr.


man im up late. u probably are too hha

Neeyuh said...

After watching yours,Christiana's and xsparkage's video's on this I'm totally convinced I need these! haha. I can't get over how vibrant they are. Hope to see you do a look with them! =)

Anonymous said...

Hi, Vanessa! The colors are really pretty! I agree Jesmakeup, they do look like paint, which brings me to my question: are they easy to blend? Thanks a bunch!

Ahleessa said...

I've been seeing this palettes a lot lately on people's blog and youtube. They look so pretty and bright. You definitely can pull this off! :)

By the way what do you use for editing your video?

I can't wait to hear your story on how the Korean cooking came out. I've been hearing good and bad stuff... lol~

Anastasia said...

Oh you knowwww I'm gonna get those =O

ainstein said...

both palettes look soooo gorgeous! im so tempted to buy it. i dont think i should cos it will just be a waste since i dont put on a lot of make up (mainly cause im lazy haha). i got the ben nye palette and now its just sitting collecting dust in the bathroom. i should resist the temptation to buying this mehron palette! lol it doesnt help that ive been reading a lot of good reviews on it.

Cindyy825 said...

Hey Nessa,
I agree, Those are gorgeous colors! I like this video. Great review!

Robyn @ Purely Cosmetics said...

Too bad I'm too much of an old lady to pull of these colors as well - can't wait for you to do some FOTD's with them. But mostly I had to post just to let you know I almost peed in my pants on your video about how you didn't waste any water! LMAO

tokyostargirl said...

Love the pastel palette! I just might have to get it! Everytime I go to your page I want to buy something new. =)

The Paraben Free Princess said...

Wow! VI-brant!

AskMeWhats said...

wow..these colors are BAM!!!! So bright and pretty!!! can't wait to see your looks on these!

mama-pham said...

wow those are some crazy vibrant colors i'll definately be checking back to see what beautiful looks you make with these.

i just added you to my blogger list cause i've been lurking for awhile now...hope that's okay.

Anonymous said...

Th colors are so pretty and vibrant! Can't wait for your FOTD with them.

iamgrape1119 said...

Girl you NEED to get the metallic one! I have Pastel, Tropical, and Metallic, and Metallic is my FAVE!! I love it so much!

Tammy said...

ohh..ahhh..the colors are so pretty!! This kinda reminds me of a watercolor palette.

sab said...

wow! i almost can't picture a look with all the intense colors!

i'm so boring i stick to the neutrals. haha!

roughmetaphors said...

Thanks for the great review, Vanessa! Could you please tell me the ingredient list for the Mehron Aqua Paradise Palette? Thanks!

EyeshadowCult.com said...

I cannot wait to buy these. I love vibrant colors!

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter