Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

FOTD: Golden Brownie

.



I was playing with some of my Purely Cosmetics eyeshadow minerals that Robyn sent me since I haven't had time to play with anything lately, and I love the combination of "Gold Leaf" and "Antique Copper". And I realized how much I hate my nose, lol. It bothers me so much for some reason. But thank goodness for makeup and contouring so I can make it look "nice", LOL. And in case you are wondering no I would not have rhinoplasty (if no pain was involved and it was cheap then yeah haha), I am not against plastic surgery, to each her own, but I am deathly afraid of being put under the knife- so that's a negative. LOL.

I applied "Gold Leaf" wet on the lower half of my lid, then applied "Antique Copper" wet (just a little bit) and gradually built up the color, then used a combination of MAC's "Copperbeam" pigment (pressed), and Milani's "Java Bean" and MAC "Mulch" e/s for a bit more color depth and shimmer.

Many of you ask me what exactly is CONTOURING when it comes to the eye- it's where your eyeball naturally sits. Take your finger and touch your eyelid until you feel the top of your eyeball, that's where you should contour (deepen the crease) with a darker color of that to your lid color to make your eyes stand out and pop out a bit more giving it more shape. Contouring your eye also can give the illusion of bigger eyes or smaller eyes. I know for you ladies it may be hard to achieve this if you have monolids, but you STILL can, just darken your outer-V, and contour a bit on the top (think like a sideways letter "J") but don't contour all the way as in the dark color reaches the inner corner of your eye- this will make your eyes look smaller. [Where you see the little brown arc on my eyelid is the contouring portion].





What I used:

[Face]

- Lorac Concealer
- MUFE HD Liquid Foundation in #127 (will do a review soon!)
- Purely Cosmetics Mineral Foundation in "Olive Beige" over MUFE

[Cheeks]
- MAC Sonic Chic blush in "Nuance"

[Eyebrows]
- Anastasia Brow Whiz Pencil in "Brunette"
- Anastasia Brow Pen

[Eyes]
- Purely Cosmetics(PC) mineral e/s in "Golden Leaf" all over the lower half of lid
- PC mineral e/s in "Antique Copper" on outer-V and contour
- Combination (mixed these eyeshadows together): MAC e/s in "Mulch", Milani "Java Bean", and MAC Pigment(pressed) in "Copperbeam", on outer-V and contour to add more depth and drama
- MAC e/s in "Ricepaper" as highlight on browbone
- MAC Fluidline in "Blacktrack"
- Cyber Colors Mascara in "Blackest Black"
- Ardell Falsies in "Babies"
- Lowerlashline: MAC Technakohl in "Graphblack"

[Lips]
- MAC l/s in "Cherish"
- MAC l/g in "Liqueur" (from Cult of Cherry)

26 comments

kae said...

thank you vanessa! this look is really pretty. neutral but still eyecatching! :)

im done said...

man i really like this look. its so warm and vibrant at the same time.
and theres nothing wrong w/ your nose.
i think it looks cute.
ii really dont like my nose..but its not enough to make me wanna do surgery. i could never do surgery unless i HAVE to..
reconstructive or something. i'm too scared of going under the knife. haha.
i feel like contouring my nose makes my nose look even worse.

eeh..

oh well.

Virginia said...

Oh I'm hungry now! Very nice!

LovelyBella73 said...

This is very nice!!

B said...

This is gorgeous.

Jenn said...

Lovely blending as always!! Perfect lining as well!! i wish i could line my eyes so nicely like you do! :D

FuN and MakeUp said...

oOhhhh nice golden brownie.. i wanna try this

♔Jaimie said...

that is beautiful!

Robyn @ Purely Cosmetics said...

Gold leaf and Antique Copper? I don't have those shades in loose powder shadows. I've got gold, but no copper. Are theses in the Cream to Powder? I do have Forged Gold and Copper in the Cream to Powder... BTW, the palettes arrived yesterday (YAY), so I'll have the full line up on the website before the end of the week.

Here are most of the colors (other than a purple I just added the night before last): Cream to Powder Shadow Colors.

Nafisa Mahmood said...

oh wow this is such a beautiful look and is kind of reminding me of arabian look with the colors! Gorgeous :)

josephine siu said...

Pretty! What are you talking about your nose for?! It's a cute button nose (: Lots of other girls would kill for that.. haha since some have big ugly honkers.

My friends and family call mine a little strawberry.. I don't even know why, but I hated my nose for the longest time.. I thought it was "fat," but I've grown to like it (:

MakeupByRenRen said...

wow gorgeous sis! i can't wait to see what you think about the new MUFE HD foundation...i love mine but it's just a tad too light :( i think it'll look better as i get paler for the winter

Unknown said...

i love that golden color....it's so pretty....dupes?

Robyn @ Purely Cosmetics said...

Nope, not a dupe! I formulate all my own colors. I own exactly one MAC item, just so that a) I could see what all the hoopla was since everyone's so addicted to MAC, & b) I felt left out & wanted to be able to say I have something MAC in my drawer too! If they're kinda close to anything, Nessa would be the one to tell you what it's closest to; I haven't a clue, LOL!

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous!

Joanna said...

oh, i really like this color combo! looks warm and elegant with the goldenbrown thing. =)have you done any dramatic halloween makeup?? im trying to think of some looks but i have no idea.

Cindyy825 said...

You look gorgeous! I love how you choose your colors, and your blending's always perfect! Never seize to amaze me.

mayaari said...

the touch of gold is really nice for this look. mmm brownie...now I want a snack, haha

The Shades Of U said...

Those are my favorite eye color combinations, and you did a fantastic job as usual. What brush do you use to contour the crease, btw?

Phyrra said...

This is a gorgeous fall look for you.
You look great :)

Ahleessa said...

Pretty as always! :)

♡ Nic Nic ♡ said...

This look is hot, love that pop of gold :D

Unknown said...

your eyes are gorgeous!! i could never do fantastic eye makeup like that.. even if i had the skills.. only one eye has an eyelid crease.. ugh so depressing.

Abby said...

pretty look! i'm totally feeling fall right now! :) so this is a weird question, but how do you use makeup to make your nose look different? i've kind of played around with this but i don't think i'm doing it right..is it contouring?

Abby said...

pretty look! i'm totally feeling fall right now! :) so this is a weird question, but how do you use makeup to make your nose look different? i've kind of played around with this but i don't think i'm doing it right..is it contouring?

Robyn @ Purely Cosmetics said...

I did it! I spent the last 3 days putting them together, and the photography kinda sucks, but the Cream to Powder Eye Shadows are finally up! The triangle ones aren't quite as neatly poured as I wanted, but I have to remember I'm a second generation klutz.

BTW, the palettes are also available empty!

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter