Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Storage: Lipstick Holder

.

Please pray for my mommy, dad called me last night to say she was in the hospital, apparently she has been having pains in her abdomen and they are still doing tests to see what might be causing it. They don't know if it's cysts on her ovaries or appendicitis. My mom called earlier and said she is ok but she sounded a bit tired, she said that they are just waiting for the test results, but I hope she is REALLY ok and not just saying she is so I don't worry, since I am a worry wart. My parents' health hasn't been all that great this year and I am really worried; even though they are considerably young still (they had me at 19 and 25), I know stress and just getting older has taken its toll...I just hope things get better.

On a lighter note, I got my Esca 24 lipstick holder from Folica.com. It holds 24 lipsticks all nice and neat, and I love how this is tiered so each row is elevated like stadium seating, rather than just flat rows. I like it so much I wanna order the other one they have that has a separate compartment for makeup removing rounds, q-tips, or cotton balls. They are both made out of sturdy acrylic, not cheap plastic. And the wells are deep enough to hold your lipsticks in place without falling over. It's around $14 (not including shipping, shipping is like an additional $6).

In case you are wondering, I actually had more MAC lipsticks than it holds, which is okay since I was planning on buying another one to also accommodate my NYX Round Lipsticks. I just wanted to buy one first to see how I like it before I committed to buying 2, and I love it! It makes it much easier to find my lipsticks, and when I have time I will label each 'well' so I know what color is what. I can't store the MAC lipsticks upside down since it's bullet shaped and the round tip of the tube wobbles in the well, but I have some round stickers I can use. :)

I will do the NYX swatches tonight (I promise!) I meant to do them tonight but I got sidetracked. :(











I also got this Rubbermaid Spacesaver "X-Cube" from Staples (some office supply stores have 'em), if you can't find it, Amazon.com has them too (it's a differnet brand but the exact same thing). They have an "X" shaped divider to separate things you can also store it on its side if you want. Right now I am storing my lipglosses and some of my NYX lipsticks until I get my other lipstick holder, but that box will be used for lipglosses and eyeliner pencils and the like...





33 comments

Rhondalei G. said...

Your family is my thoughts and prayers! Try not to worry so much k? :)

I have some of those office supply organizers too! I actually use them under the sink to sort out tampons and liners. LoL!

A. said...

Hi there, I've never commented on your blog before even though I'm a frequent visitor (love your blog by the way), but I hope you mum is ok :)

AskMeWhats said...

Get well soon to your mom! My prayers are with her! I know how hard it is and parents are like that, no matter what they feel, they'll always say they're ok not to let us worry! Keep us posted

Nice lipstick holder tips! so cute!

Vi Anne said...

My prayers are with you and your family. Hope your mom's well.

I like how the lipstick holder looks like real glass. It's gorgeous. :)

Anastasia said...

Sorry about your mum, sweetie, I'm sure she'll be fine. The naturopath in me wants to tell you that a B-vitamin complex is good for helping people to deal with stress.

That lipstick stand is a clever idea. I don't even have a desk or anything, mine just fall off their little shelf =[

Crystal Gale said...

hi sis! i hope your mom will get better...just pray for continuous healing :)

by the way, i love your new lipstick holder! so organized and your makeup table will surely look like a makeup counter hehe :)

L said...

You're in my prayers woman...

They have those lipstick holder thingys here too but I haven't seen any that are tiered! NICE! You're gun need like 10 trays for all yo'lippies!!! ;) lol.

Unknown said...

Hope you mom is better soon. Please keep us updated!

That lipstick holder is a MUST HAVE!

MakeupByRenRen said...

hey honey i'm praying for your mommy...i'm sure she'll turn out okay...the key is to be positive and stay strong for your fam :) love the new cosmetic holders! I have the lipstick one from the container store and I wish it was tiered too!

Preeti said...

Hi Vanessa - Sorry to hear about your mom. I can imagine that it must be difficult for you since you are so far from her geographically. Wishing your mom a speedy recovery.

e said...

Hi Vanessa I hope your mom is ok and they find out what's bothering her. It's so stressful when parents are sick, they're supposed to be made of steel. : )

Also I have that x cube and love it, it's the perfect size for all my lipgloss and whatever mascara I've got in current rotation, as I usually have 6 tubes open at once. I do think it's a little bulky tho, I need to figure out a new place to keep it.

Tammy M said...

My heart and prayers go out to you and your family. It is a little shocking when you discover that your parents are getting older, isn't it?? Keep us all updated...

♔Jaimie said...

i'm really sorry to hear about your mom!

Robyn @ Purely Cosmetics said...

I hope everything is ok for your mom. Don't worry too much; either one of those possibilities isn't too serious. I've had ovarian cysts rupture a couple of times, beginning at the ripe old age of 16! It hurts, it goes away. If it's appendicitis, they take it out, it goes away. Be thankful the word "heart" isn't anywhere in that diagnosis!

veraMAC said...

hope everything will be ok with your mommy.

nice organizer, tons of lip storage - I wish i had that much =/ Haha

ting RN said...

my prayers are with your mommy !!!

i like the lipstick older!

Unknown said...

I need something like that to hold all my lipsticks!! >.< hehe

Hope all is well with your mom and the rest of your family. Keep your head up [:

fuzkittie said...

Did you get my package yet?? Anne got hers so I can't imagine yours would be delivered later! :/

I hope your mom is alright!!!

Nicole said...

I wish the best for you and your family, V. Hope everything is well!

The lipstick holder looks awesome. I need a bit more organization in my life!

Tracy Roa said...

I know what you're going through. My parents aren't in the greatest shape, either. I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. I hope everything turns out okay!

Nafisa Mahmood said...

Hey Vanessa, your mom and the rest of your family are in my thought and prayers! Everything will be fine soon :-).

Thushaa said...

I'm sure your mommy is okay, because if she's a fierce and strong as you then she will be ;)

Either way she's in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

May God watch over your mom throughout her time of need. Hope everything works out well!

Miss JoJo said...

I pray that you mom is okay. I know it hurts to see the one who cared for you in need of care themselves, but try not to stress too much and just know that she will be okay.
((((hugs))))



I also have that x cube organizer for my lippies. I got the idea from another blogger (I forgot who it was) but I absolutely love it.

Unknown said...

my thoughts are with you, your mom, and your family.
Take care!
T

Phyrra said...

Your family is in my thoughts. I'll be praying for you.

Lily said...

aww don't worry so much! i'm sure your mom is going to be just fine. stay positive nessa!

Mai Nguyen said...

isn't it crazy how parents worry too much about us worrying too much? prayers goes out to your mom's health. i hope she's feeling better and i hope it's nothing major. one of my closest friend has cysts on her ovaries and oh man! i'm in pain just seeing her in pain. don't worry too much! she's going to be a-okay =)

great lipstick storage! i think i may order one..lol

Akonana said...

i hope your parents are in good health. i'm in the same boat as you, parents are getting old. time really grinds a person's health. le sigh.

speaking bout lip containers, wouldn't you fret in finding the color you want amidst properly lined up lipstick? or do you pick at random lol?

regards,

yahui (on bf's account)
www.chaborkia.com

Ahleessa said...

Your parents, as well as, your sisters and you are in my thoughts and prayer. I know how hard it is to go through. I've been there and if you ever need ears, I have huge ones!

Iyah Love said...

I will pray for your Mom. I hope she'll be Okay too. :(

Btw, that holder is such a great idea and wow you have lots of lippies! I thought I have lots already but dang! You have sooo much! :D I envy you :D

♡ Nic Nic ♡ said...

I really hope you mum is okay :(

Misti said...

I certainly hope your Mom is okay! :( Its always scary when our parents get sick...

I was wondering if the lipstick holder from Lucia was 'deep' enough to hold a MAC lipstick upside down, so the label was visable?

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter