Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

FOTD: Himegyaru & Ganguro (Kawaii)

.

I have answered many of your questions regarding the MAC Creme Liners vs. MAC Fluidlines, it's in the original post below. :)

This Himegyaru FOTD is the same steps used in the Matryoshka doll fotd, except I changed a few things to turn it into the Himegyaru, a Japanese fashion style. I changed the lips and cheeks, the lips are "Melrose Mood" lipstick from the MAC Heatherette collection, and the cheeks I used a bright pink color from the Auraline Blush Palette. I also used Freshlook Colorblends Contacts in "Green".

I missed Pink's contest on this one (I didn't submit it on time even though the pics were sitting in my camera), so I thought id do it anyway...there are so many fashion styles in Japan so forgive me if the last pic is not really ganguro but another form, I couldn't really distinguish all of them because frankly, they all looked the same to me!

I would never go out in public like this, lol. But I had fun doing it nonetheless. I didn't have a big old bow or a pink dress so I improvised with what I have for the Himegyaru look.

Here are some images of Himegyaru, "Princess Gal", many websites describe this style as: "The girls dress up like a princess: Their hair is baggy at the top, curled at the bottom and mostly dyed blonde or brown. Ribbons are not only adorning their hair but their dresses, too- Himegyaru’s are famous for their expensive, velvet and cute clothes which are embroidered with laces and pearls."



The second FOTD is another, more well-known Japanese style, Ganguro. Usually the girls have bright blonde or white hair, but I didn't have a wig handy nor was I going to strip my hair just for a FOTD, LOL. I also wanted it to be a little more "scary" so I didn't really follow the photo to a tee.

Ganguro
is described as: "In ganguro fashion, a deep tan is combined with hair dyed in shades of orange to blonde, or a silver gray known as "high bleached". Black ink is used as eyeliner and white concealer is used as lipstick and eyeshadow. False eyelashes, plastic facial gems, and pearl powder are often added to this"






I then tried it with a big flower handband:




Dress I bought last year from Forever21 of course all WRINKLY because I sat on it...


Then to turn it into a wearable look, I simply removed the colored contacts and lower lashes:




(Don't mind my undone crazy brows haha)

What I used:
[Face]

- EDM Mineral Foundation in "Light Tan"

[Eyes]
- NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in "Milk"
- MUFE Flash Pot in White
- Smashbox Eyeshadow in "Midnight Black"
- L'Oreal Telescopic Mascara

[Lips]
- MAC l/s in "Myth"
- NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in "Milk"

41 comments

loveSHARA said...

Awesome looks like always. Like how you made it into a wearable look. [: Have a good one and be safe!

XPPINKXX said...

YOUR SO LATE YOUR NOT EVEN FUNNY!!!!

but i am happy your not burned alive...dont want my maple face all melted and chard!!!and i was reading anne on twitter on how you brought your makeup...lmao i bet you put everything in that magic black bag!..so my prayers worked!!!speaking of twitter you need to get on that!..speaking of everyone evcauting your town...that would be an awesome time to gank some flat screens!...WHAT IM THINKING AHEAD!

bun none the less your looks is super Kawaii!!! me love the the himegyaru look...i love your weave girl!!!...im kidding i know that is your real hair...but it looks to good so it looks fake!...does everyone have a bedazzler crown but me???

and no i have not dyed my hair in 4 years!!!...that is me natural hair color!...


xo be in cali OH SO SOOON...

Ethereal Prey said...

you are super kawaii! omg you're not on twitter?! u have an iphone woman! u can totally be twittering and twitpic! :P

but glad to hear you're ok, and all ur make up is ok too

Unknown said...

I think it's super cool to experiment with different looks no matter how extreme they are.

You did a great job of replicating them :D

Anonymous said...

Glad to know u guys are doing well.

Love the FOTDs. My fave is the last one..very scary...looks like Lil Kim LOL

Kimberly said...

awww the last photo reminds of "SALLY" from nightmare before christmas (jack skellington's gf) -- very cute and i love the headband and curls on you!

Nafisa Mahmood said...

hey vanessa you did the ganguro look really well! so pretty!

Anonymous said...

Love the curls!!! so cute.

i am sorry that i didn't read your previous posts earlier but i am so glad that you are OK! that fire was scary!

welcome back!

kae said...

i love the himegyaru look, you really pulled it off especially with the headband bow!

Anastasia said...

That's adorable. I especially LOVE your big flower headband, it's so cute and gothic-lolita. I got an adorable thin red bow headband the other day, which is cute.

Have you seen the new Bourjois Liner Effect mascara? I've been a Telescopic fan for years but I tried the Bourjois one and I like it a lot, I think I might like it more because of the liner effect it gives. It's more difficult to work with though, I think the formula takes longer to dry and it makes my lashes longer so I can accidentally transfer it onto my eyelids.

It's cheap though, and worth checking out if you can find it. It deposits colour at the base of your lashes as well and makes it look like you're wearing subtle eyeliner, good for natural looks when you don't want to actually faff about with liner.

XPPINKXX said...

(TOM POK KEE) girl what is that!!!

FuN and MakeUp said...

u have such a creative mind i swear!! i want to learn but arghh i just dont like putthin all that on my face and washing it off.. is a lot of work huh?

Stephanie T said...

I had to do a double take on that last picture...it doesn't look like you!

roxy. said...

the princess look is really cute when you make it wearable! japanese style is so crazy but i love it! =]

Ahleessa said...

Lol~ On pink's comment on tom pok kee!

You really did a great job. Where did you get the black, flower head band? It's so kawaii. I want one! :)

alien man?! said...

Your himegyaru look is so cute xD but i gotta say, the ganguro looks more like "sexy zombie".

Haha I, too, am late for pink's japanese looks challenge but maybe i'll give it a whirl! it looks fun to mimic

Crystal Gale said...

the last picture is perfect for holloween haha very scary :D

i love the first look..especially the hair..urgg! now i'm really regretting cutting my hair short hehe :)

i'm glad you are doing okay sis :)

fuzkittie said...

lovely lovely!! Hahaha, love the ganguro look, too funny.

Nails by Nory said...

Is the one in pink you? If not, she looks just like you. cute! I love it. I did this look for Halloween Last Year at work. It was so cool cuz I don't get to this everyday.

sweetchic said...

Ohh la la! You're so pretty! I am so glad you're okay! Have a great day and I hope you are very blessed and I mean apart from your good looks lol!
:)

Celeste xxx

AskMeWhats said...

AMAZING!!! You made me smile with such cute looks! and the dress is OOOhhhLAAAllaaaa sexy!

Fabuless Beauty said...

These are all lovely looks! I love the headband...very Gossip Girl...

FuN and MakeUp said...

you know ur crown? is that the one wit the comb n u just slip right through ur hair? heyy cover up ur boobies!! haha jk i forgot to say that on my last post cuz i was soo amazed at the looks u did!

Anonymous said...

You totally look like the ganguro , I see in the streets of shibuya... All you need is bleached hair... LOL

Jessica Dee said...

love the look! lovin' the headband and the dress !

Jenn said...

awwww... your Himegyaru is sooo pretty! i love your curls and dress too!! You really looked like a princess! :D

tokyostargirl said...

There aren't that many ganguro girls around anymore. I used to see them a lot, but I think the look has finally died down (thank goodness!) I still see lots of Himegyaru girls, but the most popular still has to be the Lolita look. I'll have some 'unique' looks of real girls in Japan on www.tokyowears.blogspot.com soon!

Jo said...

vanessa you're so cute. that last pic does not look like you lol! but still very funky. i have those sassi bottom lashes but how the hell did you manage to stick them on?!

MakeupByRenRen said...

wow chica i think you nailed this one, he he, it's so crazy to see all these entries. i'm glad your back and doing well :)

♡ Nic Nic ♡ said...

omg the ganguro!!!! you really did look like one.. lol GREAT job!!!

I loved your look without the falsies, so pretty!

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

so cute sis. love that when you take off the lashes it transforms the look so simply.

Unknown said...

Looks good! :D But I think you need more white than black in the second look. Ended up looking too gothic.

Vanessa said...

Maya- I wanted it to look a bit more scary (or "gothic") as I mentioned in my post since it's almost Halloween so I didn't follow it to a tee...

Unknown said...

So cute! I love your big spiral curls on you! You're such a dollface :)

B said...

I love the first one. You look like a freakn DOLL. so kawaii ^_^ haha

I donno what I'm gonna be for halloween..maybe eve but I have to cover my rolls with leaves or something lol. Last year I thought I'd be super fit by this time..ha ha ha *sigh*

JANE said...

Love the curls! I still don't get how you're able to put on bottom lashes and still have them look "natural". Too bad you missed the contest :( Cute look nonetheless. The second look doesn't look like you at all!

Amy said...

I know that this post is all about the makeup, and that looks great, too, but...
I. Love. Your. Hair. It has so much body! Super hot!

mayaari said...

it's a shame you weren't able to submit these for the contest - your princess look is so cute, but i think i like your ganguro look even more (even though it scares me, haha)

glad to hear that you're doing alright after all that happened to you this week!

Pear said...

love the wearable look!! So pretty!!

paperdollrevenge said...

Great looks! I love seeing Japanese-inspired looks.

I so love the Merlot moisturizer...esp. for the price! I've tried so many $30+ moisturizers and the results never really seemed that great for the money I was paying. I'm glad you love it too!

Rocketqueen said...

Why that is just about the coolest thing I've ever seen! Great work!

And a Happy New Year!

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter