Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Product Review: Maybelline XXL Extensions Mascara

.

Product: 4 out of 5
Packaging: 5 out of 5
Quality: 4 out of 5
Overall: 4 out of 5
Price: $7-8, any drugstore should have it by now
Would I buy again? Yes.

I was supposed to go to the Nordy's Trend Show today, basically a fashion show for makeup, but I didn't end up going because it was too early in the morning for one thing and Saturdays are my "sleep-in" saturdays, and also to save money! I bought so much winter clothes and shoes so I didn't wanna spend anymore on makeup! LOL. I am still waiting for my Victoria's Secret and GoJane.com haul in the mail which should be arriving next week! Sweater dresses are in y'all!

The BF and I watched Quarantine last night at Universal Citywalk, the movie was disappointing- it sucked in my opinion, so I suggest saving your money if you wanted to see it, and DON'T watch it in theaters!

Anyway, on to the product review! I recently bought this mascara at Wal-Mart, I have tried their other versions (black and white packaging), and what caught my eye was the cute GOLD animal looking print it had. I am so into GOLD right now, so of course I had to snatch it up!

Not only is the packaging cute, but I have always loved the double ended wand because in the mornings I'll do my mascara once I get to work so it's easy to take along. The wands itself are a lot thinner and easier to work with than Maybelline's other versions of their XXL mascara's. It's more comb-like and easier to get into tight areas of the eyelash as well as easier to apply in general. It's supposed to help give you longer lashes or the illusion of eyelash extensions by "brushing on extensions", but I personally didn't notice that stretch of a claim. I have better results using my L'Oreal Telescopic Mascara.

PROS:
- The packaging is super cute! Easy to tote around with it's double ended tube
- Better wands, thinner, easier to use than previous versions, and gets into tight spaces
- Has a primer on one end, and mascara on the other end
- No weird funky smell
- Affordable and easy to find
- Gave my lashes a little oomph and volume

CONS:

- Did not beat my L'Oreal Telescopic Mascara :)
- Didn't really give me "extensions" like it says but gives incredible volume and fuller lashes

Overall? I like this mascara, it's definitely second to my L'Oreal Telescopic Mascara in the sense that I would bring this with me because of the convenience of having a primer and mascara in one. It did give more fuller lashes and I think it gave a little oomph in terms of length- but not a drastic one.







11 comments

Fabuless Beauty said...

Wow...thanks for this review. I can't keep up with Maybelline's XXL mascara...there's too many!

Yellow Fever said...

omg My boyfriend and I watched Quarantine last night too. I agree-WASTE of time...especially since the movie preview trailer...well...I don't want to give anything away to your readers, but YOU know what I mean!!

Ahleessa said...

I have to agree with fabuless beauty there's way too many to keep up with... lol~

By the way, your name for the dduk bokki is so cute! :)

FuN and MakeUp said...

thanks for the review! ive beeen lookin for a good mascara =)

AskMeWhats said...

Saturday is a sleep in day for me too!!!! :)

Thanks for the review, I have to take a look at the L'oreal Telescopic Mascara because of your raves :D

cand said...

are there really little fibers in this mascara? kinda like the japanese ones or the fiberwig?

www.Cosmetic-Candy.com said...

Woahhh momma that looks good - I can't seem to get mabelline mascaras to work for me tho :/

Mac It Pink said...

my bf liked quarantine...lol. I refused to watch it because I easily get nightmares. haha. I am not too big into Maybelline, they make my eyelashes clump. I ,however have found a very close HG for me, Max Factor Volume Couture waterproof mascara. I have tried the telescopic and I liked it at first, but then it started to clump on me.:(

The Paraben Free Princess said...

Quarantine made me so frigging sick! I had to close my eyes halfway through because of motion sickness with that camera going all over the place. I went home and took a Dramamine. Oh yeah, hated it!

Vanessa said...

Hi Hameepy, they have very tiny fibers, but it's not really all that noticebale...it's more of a creamy primer than anything else...

Nails by Nory said...

I had bought one like this and couldn't get a good coverage over the first step (white). I could see in pictures that the white was still visible. What could I have done wrong. Maybe you can cover this in a titorial one of these days. thanks! n0ryg@yahoo.com

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter