Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Reader Questions:

.

Q: What are the ingredients in the Mehron palette?

A:


Q: How did you create the 'star' in your politically pretty FOTD?

A: I used the tape method in which I placed little pieces of tape in the shape of a star to create a nice even borderline, and just colored the inside of the 'star' with the MUFE white; then I carefully removed the tape to reveal my "dancing star". :)


Q: Where is the Ohayo store in the Puente Hills mall?

A: It's downstairs across from Ross and next to See's Candies.

Q: Is it easy to remove the Mehron paint?

A: You can wash it off like you normally would when you wash your face, however the darker colors stain, but before you panic, any eye makeup remover will take it completely off! :)

Q: How much paint did you use on the politically pretty FOTD?

A: I actually didn't use a lot because with the Mehron palettes- a little goes a long way. When you wet it a little there's already enough color on it so you don't need so much when applying it to your face, the more wet the paint is, the more pigmented it is. You can let it dry and re-apply if necessary.


Q: What makeup products do you use everyday?

A: I use MAC's Fluidline in "Blacktrack", L'Oreal Telescopic Mascara, Purely Cosmetics Mineral Foundation in "Olive Beige", and Anastasia's Brow Products.

Q: Where do you usually shop?

A: I shop at random places sometimes, like the little mom and pop shops near where I live which sell nice clothes for cheap, I shop at Wetseal, Forever21, I also like Victoria's Secret, Rampage, and Arden B. For shoes I like DSW, Shiekhshoes.com, Delia's.

Q: You look so tiny, but you are tall in pictures, how tall are you?

A: I am 5'6" and I avoid wearing heels so I don't feel like a giant and because I can't walk in them if my life depended on it. My sis is pretty tall too, she is almost my height and she is only 17, my other sis on the other hand is super tiny!

Q: How much money do you spend on makeup? Or how can you afford things during this economic crisis...


A: My mom always said asking people how much they make or how much they spent on something isn't polite, but I know it's natural to wonder when it comes to beauty! So I don't mind this question at all. First of all, I work in advertising- that industry alone is a booming and steady business because everyone is always looking for ways to advertise their business, and many of them do online. I make pretty decent money considering that I am single (as in I don't have a family to take care of), however I DO have bills like everyone else (car payment, insurance, rent, utilities, etc) and of course that is priority and I allot enough to cover those things, I also put money aside for savings and 401K, I have awesome credit and know how to budget and manage money because both my mom and my grandma BOTH have worked at banks and know the value of money and so by default I was taught how to be good with money. And growing up, I realize how good credit gets you places and the value of a dollar, especially since I have been on my own since I was 18 years old and had to fend for myself.

But why work so hard just to have it go to bills, bills, bills??? So a girl has got to treat herself sometimes, and hence I have "play money" that I can use to buy whatever. Also, I don't buy designer things, like purses, clothes, or even makeup, so my money can stretch a bit more. (The Dior tinted moisturizer I bought from a giftcard). I buy my clothes at affordable places like Forever21 or other little clothing shops because fashion is always in and out before you know it, so for me it's ridiculous to spend so much on ONE thing. I don't buy designer bags because I put so much stuff in my purse and I always throw my bag around, and I don't take good care of my purses, lol. As for makeup, I haven't really bought much lately in comparison to how much I USED to spend on it. I don't go crazy over the MAC collections if you've noticed because to me, they are starting to look all the same, some are even re-promotes. Lately, I've been trying to make use of the things I already have.

Even though my BF does occasionally spoil me with things, usually NON-beauty related stuff, like things he knows I could use (he was the one that bought me my Nikon D40x digital SLR camera); he does it on his own accord, I don't ask him to buy me anything and he doesn't do it often. He's the type of that guy that likes to share his "wealth" with friends and family by treating them out or buying them things. Also, companies send me samples or complimentary products to test out and write a review on my site. So not everything is from my pocket.

Another thing too is that I do product reviews also on things I already have had for months, not just recent things I bought- I just haven't gotten around to writing about it so like 5 product reviews at one time may seem like I just bought everything at once, but I didn't. :)


Q: How do you get your skin so clear?

A: Lately my face has been crazy, one minute it's super dry and the next it feels like a slip and slide. It has its moments and I get zits too. I don't get blackheads, but I like prevention, which is why I am careful when it comes to certain things I put on my face. My skincare routine is pretty basic- I wash my face at night only using the oil cleaning method in which I clean my face with an oil cleanser which removes makeup and moisturizes at the same time. You gotta fight oil (Sebum) with oil. And since I have dry skin, the oil doesn't give me a dry tight feeling like most cleansers do. After I use Pure Luxe's Calamine Soap Bar to calm any redness as well as to rinse off any oil residue. In the morning I just use a makeup wipe to freshen up, and I exfoliate with a scrub three times a week. (Any scrub will do)

I realize that the simpler your routine is, the better your skin will be. When you are using like 5 different products at one time, it may do more harm then good. Also washing your face constantly will make matters worse because you are over-cleaning your pores allowing more bacteria to enter and you also can make your skin more raw and dry. Oil blotting tissues, masks, and oil absorbing powders are also good at controlling oil and preventing or healing pimples.


Q: You always have cute nails, where do you them done?

A: I get them done at a place called "Fashion Nails" on Reseda and Nordhoff (it's upstairs), prices vary.

7 comments

www.Cosmetic-Candy.com said...

I love your answer to the the - How do you afford all this make up question - its gracious and honest. I think its rude when people ask things like that since people have different backgrounds, incomes, outgoings, etc. etc. People haven't really done it to me lately :D but people that I work with keep asking where all my little packages are from, am I running an exporting business etc. which I find instrusive!!

Ethereal Prey said...

wow! i can't wait to see ur entry for pink's contest! i was wondering about creamshine, but i have given up lipstick forever! :P blog more i'll read you when i get back! *smooches*

Yellow Fever said...

I really like the way you answered the "How much money do you spend on makeup" question. It's VERY articulate and it's what I wish I could say when people ask me that same question. Instead, I usually get offended and drop the F bomb lolol. Maybe I'll try to memorize what you wrote so I know what to say next time =)

The Paraben Free Princess said...

Oh, you are killing me with that ingredients list! ALL the Parabens. It looks like a Paraben family reunion. UGH.

The Paraben Free Princess said...

You make a very good point with the less is more for skin care. The more products you use and the more you fiddle with your face, the worse your skin will react. Keep it clean, moisturized and protected from the sun. The fewer the steps the better.

Robyn @ Purely Cosmetics said...

You were much more polite in your "how much money do you spend" answer than I ever would have been. It doesn't matter if you spend $1 or $1,000 - you shouldn't ever have to justify it to a bunch of people on the internet!

Nicole said...

Nice responses! I don't really splurge too often --- but when I do it is usually on a designer purse. That's my weakness, the other stuff I can skimp on!

:)

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter