Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Sunday, October 5, 2008

MAC Cremesheen Lipsticks

.



I know, I know, I am late in talking about these, but frankly after seeing the swatches online for some of these newest MAC collections, I've been pretty "bleh" about them. Suite Array was definitely passable for me, and Emanuel Ungaro has pretty packaging, but the colors are nothing I haven't seen before...it's a good thing because it saved me from buying 'em, lol.

I however, tested the Cremesheen lipsticks (I didn't bother to take swatches since there are so many online and I am late on the bandwagon), but they are really pretty and pigmented considering they have the word "sheen" in them. It's almost like a lipstick and lipgloss in one, where you have the color of a lipstick, and the shine of a lipgloss. It's not at all moisturizing, but it's not matte, just a nice lipstick with a bit of shine.

I bought three, "Ravishing", "Modesty", and "Hot Gossip"; but I am thinking about returning "Ravishing" because I think it's a bit too orange on me (in real-life it's too orange-y, in this picture it's perfect), and because I have some orange-colored NYX lippies that could perhaps be a decent dupe (still gotta compare 'em). The other colors are nice too, but I just picked these three because they seem wearable for everyday wear for any outfit. "Modesty" is a nice rose pink/nude color that is perfect for winter and those with fair or light skin tones. It gives a pop of color rather than just plain nude lippies. "Hot Gossip" is a nice blue based pink, with a nice shimmer.

***I still have to do my Japanese look for Pink's contest, but I am at the BF's house for the weekend so I don't have all my supplies, lol. I'll try and do it later today!









16 comments

Amina said...

thank you for your review.I haven't bought anything MAC since neo-sci fi...hard to believe right?
But like you, i haven't been impressed...
I've been Bobbi Brown hauling...lol

the lipsticks look beautiful on you:)

Seymone said...

Ravishing looks great on you..

iamgrape1119 said...

I personally think that Ravishing looks ravishing (hurhur) on you! I'm saving my money for the MSF that are coming out!

A Gal On A Budget said...

I want Ravishing! Please, please do a post re: the NYX dupes you mentioned! I've been looking for a good orange lipstick for ages because most look coral on my moderately pigmented lips. I'm pretty sure your lips are as pigmented as mine so if it's orange on you, it may even be orange on me *fingers crossed*. Thanks for the great post =).

Lolita Riot said...

I want ravishing and hot gossip! I dont have a coral/orange lippie. I used to love peach lipgloss though so I dont think id be hard for me to wear.

FuN and MakeUp said...

i really like the hot gossip! have u tried beneifit lipsticks? if u have... u kno how it glides on all smooth n moist... is MAC lipsticks teh same? and is there any crayon taste? cuz beneift doesnt

Yolanda said...

How do you return things like lipstick once you've used it on yourself? Do they accept that in the US? I always thought you can't cos of the hygiene issue.

The Paraben Free Princess said...

Ravishing is definitely a knockout on you. I really can't tell that much of a difference between the other two. One looks a little darker than the other. This whole collection is kinda 'meh' on the color, isn't it?

*Jen* said...

You pull off orangey shades like Ravishing so well! I know that it would look terrible on me, but on your it looks fabulous!

JANE said...

How come all colors look good on your lips? It never looks this good on mine! :)

Iyah Love said...

Ravishing l/s looks great on you! :D The 3 colors you got are very pretty! :D I skipped those collections too. even the cremesheen :( Good thing cremesheen will be permanent.

Oh, I'm linking your blog to my new blog if thats ok. :D

jamie said...

cant wait for modesty to hit our mac counters!! its love!

MakeupByRenRen said...

i got modesty too, loves it!

Unknown said...

Wow this is so funny it seem like every time I think of a certian makeup line or look you always blog about it rite on time like your pyschic lol.

Anyway I was talking to an MAC online artist and she recommended Hot Gossip and Modesty to me couple of days ago. She told me to blend in Hot Gossip w/Plum lip liner and Modesty with Cushy (midtone brown) lip liner and also add C-thru lipglass over Modesty. I hope it'll look right being that I'm a NW-47 aka Dark-skinned. But they look dreamy on you!!!!

Unknown said...

what do you do with all the lipsticks you dont use anymore... you have sooooo many!

Amanda said...

your lips look perfect

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter