Product: 4 out of 5
Packaging: 5 out of 5
Quality: 4 out of 5
Overall: 4 out of 5
Price: $40, Sephora
Shade Purchased: #127 (Dark Sand)
Would I buy again? Yes!
***My next post WILL show the MUFE foundation as that is what I am using!***
What it is:
An oil-free medium-to-full-coverage liquid foundation that covers skin imperfections flawlessly while remaining invisible on-screen and in real life.
What it does:
Creates a soft-focus effect, designed to meet the coverage concerns of those in the spotlight. It creates a complexion that looks flawless, even in bright or harsh lighting.
What else you need to know:
This Sephora-exclusive foundation comes in 25 different shades to suit all skintones
-Relipidium: Moisturizes the skin (+46% after 4h).
-Fucogel: Forms a microfilm that prevents dehydration and protects against external aggression.
-Sericite: Enables rays of light to spread more widely, intensifying the radiance of the complexion.
Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Mica, talc, PEG-10 Dimenthicone, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Phenyl, Trimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimenthicone Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Caprylate, Methylpropanediol, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Cyclohexacyloxane, Methylisothiazolinone, Sorbitan Sesquileate, Silver Oxide, Propylene, Carbonate, Parfum (fragrance), Methylparaben, Fagus Sylvatica Extract (Fagus Sylvatica Bud Extract), Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein, [+/- CI 77891 )titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).
Prelude: I had to give this foundation a spin since I am always on the lookout for a flawless foundation. (I also love MUFE's HD Powder!) It had so many great reviews and I love MUFE by default, so I definitely had to test this out even though I hate liquid foundations because they tend to break me out, but I don't need too much coverage to begin with so mineral foundations are still my weapon of choice. :)
- Goes on nicely, easy to blend. Does give a nice flawless finish, almost like an airbrushed look, no shine. Definitely great for photoshoots!
- They give you a lot of product, and a little goes a long way so you don't need a lot to cover your entire face. Just a couple dots and blend with either a sponge or a foundation brush and that's it!
- The bottle is cute and it's easy to travel with
- No weird funky obvious smell
- Lasts a long time (at least for me but I have dry skin)
- Can be used by itself or under mineral foundation for a more airbrushed look or to set. Or you can use MUFE HD Powder (the white one) over this to set.
- Finally a liquid foundation that matches me perfectly!
- May be a bit pricey for some of you, but it lasts a long time, I've been using mine for about 3 months now and it still looks like I haven't touched it!
- I started to break out a bit but I cannot pinpoint whether this foundation was the cause of it or it was in addition to something else (such as a new skin regimen or primer, etc), I have used it by itself and as well as along with my mineral foundation OVER it recently, and have not broken out, so it may just have been something else
Overall? This is a pretty remarkable foundation. It's easy to see why many industry professionals use MUFE, especially TV news anchors and the like. It doesn't give a "whitish cast" on camera and really blends well with your skin for a natural and flawless finish. It's like you are not even wearing any makeup! I also like how there are a TON of shades to choose from and you most likely will find one that matches you. The price is a bit steep considering I pay less than half of that for my mineral foundation, BUT it lasts you a really long time and the results make it worth it!
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Product: 4 out of 5