Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Review: Glossybox Subscription Box

.

I never jumped on the subscription boxes bandwagon. It's sort of like those mystery bags you see in stores, where you pay $15 and don't know what's inside. I never liked those. I just always thought well what if I don't like what's inside? Then I just wasted $15 I could have use to buy something I actually like- or want.
I was sent a Glossybox to review, and I have to admit I was curious and excited to finally experience what all the fuss was about. I have a few blogger and beauty addict friends who are all about the ipsy and julep bags, and seem to enjoy that they have more hits than misses. The Glossybox subscription is $21 a month, and although it may be pricier than other subscription boxes/bags, read on to see why I think it's worth it.
When I received it, my first impression in one word was: LUXURIOUS.
The packaging itself was very classy, it wasn't sugarcoated with a sequined makeup bag, it was a nice box with a pretty ribbon, it came with a very helpful info card that detailed each product. I love that the samples are deluxe sample sizes, this definitely helps in giving us a good amount of time to actually try the product. One thing that annoyed me with samples from other places was that I felt it wasn't a decent amount to actually see whether you would like it or not. I like that you can actually try designer products without breaking the bank.
For instance, the Tarte masacara I received in the box was actually FULL SIZE! That mascara alone is $23 at Sephora, and to subscribe is $21 a month and you get other samples to try out. Another fave was the Fresh Lotus Youth Preserve Face Cream, my face has been a bit dry lately, and this brought my skin back to life. I have yet to try the mask, but I am a sucker for masks so I cannot wait to try it out!
Overall: If you are into subscription boxes and want to try luxury, deluxe samples, I suggest giving it a try. You can also cancel at any time- no commitment.
In my box I received:
- Sesha Skin Therapy Mask
- Tarte Lights, Camera, Flashes Statement Mascara in Black
- Fresh Lotus Youth Preserve Face Cream
- balanceMe shune on tinted lipgloss salve
- BVLGARI perfume 



Tarte Mascara

1 comment

Unknown said...

I just ordered my first one, im hopong it is a good one :)
Laura x
Shimmerofpink.blogspot.com

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter