Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

AVON: Extra Lasting Collection

.

I love AVON products (at least some of the ones I've tried) because they are so affordable! I was so excited to try their Extra Lasting Collection, which is their long-wearing makeup series designs to keep your makeup put all day long. The collection itself consists of: lipstick, lipgloss, eyeshadow, mascara, liquid foundation, eyeliner, and cream to powder foundation I was especially eager to try their liquid foundation in "Light Beige"($9.99, 30ml, 1fl oz.). I received their extra lasting lipstick in "Sand Gold" ($5.99), their eyeshadow in "Glistening Teal" ($5.99), and their extra lasting lipgloss in "Eternal Rose" ($5.99).

I was actually really impressed with the liquid foundation, it has SPF 12 and it gave such a nice smooth airbrushed finish without even using a lot. The shade was just a bit light on me, but blended in nicely anyway. It did last for the most of the day, but felt a bit greasy and oily towards the end of the day as with a few other foundations i've tried, and just needed to touch up with MAC's Careblend Pressed Powder. There was also no weird smell and comes in an easy to use pump. They describe it as "Always fresh, never cakey or dry. Resists water and sweat. Stands up to heat and humidity. Feels featherlight and flexible all day. Comfortable coverage up to 18 hours. Medium-to-full coverage."

The lipgloss I found to be a bit sheer which is great for those who just want a natural wash of color. However, I thought it was a tad bit too sticky and had a weird tightening effect on my lips (similar to that feeling of many long lasting lipsticks and lipglosses). However, they are said to have 6 hours of wear, and it did stay on for awhile on my lips even after eating breakfast.

I haven't tried the eyeshadow yet, but I do like the idea of the dip applicator so it's easier to apply on the eye. When I swatched it on my hand below, it actually stayed on longer than the other two swatches and took awhile for me to get it off my hand, so it seems like it stays on really well, and is said to stay on for 12 hours.

The lipstick in "Sand Gold" is a nice pretty color, gives a nice sheen to the lips, and is perfect for the summer for that natural sun-kissed glow.

So definitely check this collection out HERE!

9 comments

.. said...

you look absolutely beautiful :)

augustalolita said...

lovely make up!! you look so pretty <3 and i love that teal eyeshadow!!

Jamilla Camel said...

Gorgeous look!

The Mighty J said...

You look pretty and fresh!

Unknown said...

I used to be an Avon rep and I got to try a lot of their stuff and they make really good makeup, but a lot of people doesn't know it.

Great review :) I really like that lip gloss shade.

The Beauty and The Business said...

When it comes to Avon I'm extremely picky, but the foundation does look nice. What kind of coverage do you think it really gives? I have acne prone skin and I need a foundation to cover up the redness and still not clog my pores. Would you recommend me trying it on that need?

Toni said...

I love the sand gold lipstick! So cute!!

Anonymous said...

Hello! I'm from Brazil and here we don't have all those things that u showed in your blog. ): But i want to prove the eyeliner. do u have this one?
xoxo ;**

tanya yao said...

I love it when Avon gets good reviews! Nice post :) your shade is nc30 right? Was light beige a good match for your skin cause I'm thinking of buying extralasting foundation :)

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter