Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Bornprettystore.com

.

Happy New Year ladies! Sorry i've been slacking this week in posting, everyone's back from vacation so i've been busy catching up at work and because the fiance and I are moving next week (even though I feel like we just moved into our place!), but I am moving to be closer to work since the commute now sorta stinks. So I am sad leaving the home we had so many memories in, but looking forward to making new ones at our new place; which is going to cut my commute from an hour to less than 30 minutes! But I hope you all had a wonderful holiday with loved ones, and toast to the New Year! May 2011 bring lots of luck, happiness, good health, and of course more money wouldn't hurt either! LOL.

Product: 4 out of 5
Packaging: 5 out of 5
Quality: 5 out of 5

Anyway, I had an opportunity to try out a couple of 16 shimmer eyeshadow palettes from www.bornprettystore.com, as well as their sponge bun maker. When I first saw these palettes I was amazed at how colorful they are, and when I swatched them on my hand, they were so pigmented! I've seen random palettes from places that look bright and pigmented, but are far from it when you swatch them, and definitely not the case with these. I wish these palettes came in all neutral colors as well for everyday wear, or even a matte version to switch things up. They also come with sponge-tip applicators.

These are without a base, pretty pigmented!
Product: 4 out of 5
Quality: 4 out of 5

Their sponge bun maker is so nifty and makes nice loose hairstyles in a jiff. My hair is long, thick, and heavy, so usually I can't rock hair 'do clips that make updo's or buns because my hair just weighs it down and my head ends up feeling bruised at the end of the day, but because these are made out of foam, they are pretty comfy to sport and makes it easy to do a messy bun or chignon in seconds. Although I had to use some bobby pins to pin a few pieces since it wouldn't hold all my hair together, it still came out great! It's great for those of you with shorter hair, or fine hair as it will hold up really well, for us ladies with long and thick hair, it takes a bit of work and you may need some pins to keep it in place, but you can still make nice hairstyles.

From their website:

A loose chignon I did for a wedding:

19 comments

kali said...

I. Love. Your. Hair! So pretty. I love that it's simple and not too fussy like other hairstyles.

P.S. How are you doing your hair for your wedding? I LOVE weddings!! <33

snow0016 said...

the final bun is really fabulous! :)

Silva said...

Ooh, the hair is amazing! And I love those palettes :)

IchigoBunnie said...

oooo cool! i wanna get one of those bun-shaper things now haha. i've always wanted to do a japanese bun but teasing the hair is so damaging to the hair. this totally looks like a better option lol

and what a nice palette! i agree, kinda a bummer they dont' have a neutral palette of that.

liquoredonlacquer said...

I want one of those bun makers, too bad my hair isn't long enough to do a bun! but I do love that store I order tons of nail art supplies from them ♥

liquoredonlacquer said...

Thanks for the heads up about the Zoya sale I already checked it out i spent hours trying to get on the site, but they don't ship to Canada *tear*

Anonymous said...

those eyeshadows are so pretty!! I love the pink one <3

AskMeWhats said...

Nessa, love the hair you did for attending a wedding! You look gorgeous! Like that of a ..hmm.>Copacabana dancer? (in a good way ok?) LOL I am laughing hard now!

Mara said...

I love the bun, so chic & easy.

divinexjanice said...

I see you must have been bothering jon to take the pic during a basketball game eh? =) jk <333

Linh N.L. said...

The eyeshadow looks amazing! I love the colors. And that sponge for your hair is so cool! But I can't use it cause my hair is waaay too short, need to grow it first. Though, I do envy your hair lol

xoxkissablexox said...

oh i really like this..i had something like that long time ago, but i never really knew how to use it properly so i got rid of it lol but i like what u did! looks really nice!
did u decide on the date for ur wedding? seems like 9.10.11 is gonna be a winner lol

Anonymous said...

The eyeshadow pallet is so pretty looking. I love bright colors. Thanks for the review!

Precious Deedee said...

I'm not a fan of shimmer eyeshadows but those colors are so beautiful...I like the sponge bun maker. I had something like that when I was a little girl. Love your hair and you're dress...

Anonymous said...

I love your hair from the Sponge Bun clip, do you think it would work with thin hair, or do you think that the clip would show through?

Unknown said...

wow..these pallets are so cute, u are lucky to have them in your country:X

Unknown said...

and i love the way you've done your hair, very natural simple and not very complicated

Unknown said...

Hey Vanessa, I was wondering about which size to get for the bun sponge size they come in size small & size large..I have med length hair, but it's very thick. Would you recommend large?

Vanessa said...

Hi Michelle- Yes I would definitely recommend a large, my hair is very heavy and thick (not to mention layered) so it's very grueling to try to get all my hairs in enough to roll, but I just use bobby pins to pin any stray hairs into place.

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter