Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Tarina Tarantino Haul & Swatches!

.

[Click to enlarge to show detail]

Tarina Tarantino is leaving Sephora as rumor has it the line ends it's contract with Sephora at the end of this year, so all her makeup is 40% OFF! She will be selling her makeup on her website www.tarinatarantino.com, so have no fear, as her line is not being discontinued, it just will not be available at Sephora.

I really wanted her Dollskin Blush Cheek Palette ($27 sale price), it's sold out on the Sephora website so I was super happy I found one at my local Sephora store. It has four blushes: Feather, Parasol, Candy Cameo, and Carved Rose, comes with a mirror as well in the palette.

I then decided to give her conditioning lip sheen lipsticks a try ($15 sale price) and loved them so ended up getting more colors: Candy Jar, Floriculture, Watermelon Wow, Penny Arcade and Fuchsia Lining. I like that these are moisturizing and have the right amount of color, not too sheer and not too pigmented for a more softer, natural look. The texture of these are similar to the MAC Slimshines, just not as soft as the slimshines (where they are almost melting!). These are pretty solid.

Candy Jar- A light bubblegum pink (think a softer version of MAC's Snob).
Floriculture- A beautiful dark plummy shade with red undertones. This is my favorite because it's perfect for fall, and it's wearable. Usually for me, a lot of dark purple/raspberry colors can look too much for daytime, but since this is a sheen, it's perfect! It was hard for me to capture the true color of this shade because it's super pretty in person, so the swatch below does it no justice. Temptalia's swatch of this is spot on.
Watermelon Wow- This is a nice soft dusty rose color, it complements light skintones.
Penny Arcade- A nice soft peachy color, the swatch makes it look darker, but it's a tinge lighter than shown.
Fuchsia Lining- A beautiful soft magenta pink.

I am in love with Urban Decay eyeliners, and heard that these were better, so I figured I'd try her Eye Dream Hyperliners too since they were only $9, I bought Ultraviolet and Puppeteer which remind me of UD's "Rockstar" and "Bourbon", although Ultraviolet is much more purple than Rockstar. In regards to wear, I have not worn these yet so I will update you gals with the longevity of these.

Her Eye Dream Hyperlight ($14 sale price) is one of her best sellers so I wanted to see what the hype was about and when I swatched it in the store I was impressed because it has a nice light pink salmon color and blends easily with the skin. This is used for under the eye or anywhere you want a little highlight. I am excited to try this because I have dark circles and I think this would be perfect at giving me a more bright-eyed, awake look.

Even though I bought the blush palette, I wanted the full-sized blush in "Parasol" because it's such a pretty pink and coral color with a nice shimmer. I decided to also get "Neopolitan Lane" but I think this is too light for my skin because it hardly shows up on my face/skin and just disappears, so this one might be going back.

Lastly, I fell in love with the purples in the Jewel Eyeshadow Palette in "Fantastical" so added that to my basket too haha.

Favorite Picks: 
Blush: Parasol
Lips: Floriculture and Watermelon Wow

Enjoy the pics below! Click to enlarge to show detail.

5 comments

The 4 Rockstars said...

The lipsticks look gorgeous!

Vanessa said...

Right? Definitely my favorite out of all the other products! Love the shine it gives too.

JC ♔ said...

I am pleasantly surprised. Love the haul. =)

xxilove said...

omg, the lipsticks look so pretty!

Lady E said...

the lipsticks look gorgeous on you!

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter