Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

FOTD: Style Warrior Face

.

Yay! I finally did a look after sporting a bare/minimalist face for weeks...since I've been going to the gym mostly everyday in preparation to get "Hawaii Ready", I haven't bothered applying a full face. So I thought I would be a bit rusty, but I guess applying makeup is like riding a bicycle, you just never forget how to ride it! And THANK YOU to my lovely blogger sisters and friends for the birthday greetings! :)

So here is my "Style Warrior" face, granted I never bought any of the eyeshadows from this recent collection, I improvised with some of the stuff I already have so it looks similar. I used the "Refined Golden" bronzing powder to contour the cheeks and give me a natural sun-kissed glow (applied it like you would your blush on the hollows of your cheeks), then applied MAC "Nuance" Blush (LE) to the apples of my cheeks to bring it out more. I also used "Brave New Bronze" lipstick with the Milani gloss (from the duo set).



What I used:

[Face]

- MAC Skin + Base Face Primer
- MAC Studio Sculpt Concealer in NC30
- Buff'd Mineral Foundation in "Chamois" and "Almond" (mixed)

[Cheeks]
- MAC "Refined Golden" bronzing powder
- MAC "Nuance" blush (LE)

[Eyes]
- MAC e/s in "Goldmine" on lower half of the lid
- MAC e/s in "Flip" (LE) over Goldmine e/s
- Mix of browns such as Milani "Java Bean", MAC e/s in "Mulch", "Patina", "Magnetic Fields" and a dark brown eyeshadow from the holiday smokey eyes palette (the name escapes me right now) on the outer-V and contour
- MAC e/s in "Ricepaper" as highlight up till the brow bone
- MAC Fluidline in "Blacktrack"
- L'Oreal XXL Volume Mascara
- Urban Decay Eyeliner in "Bourbon" on lower lashline

[Lips]
- MAC "Brave New Bronze" lipstick
- Milani lipgloss in "Too Perfect"

34 comments

Saimese said...

Very beautiful

Michelle @Lipstickrules said...

beautiful!

Crissy said...

I really like Goldmine:]

Jenn said...

So beautiful Vanessa!!! I absolutely love your blending skills!! :)

A. Rose said...

gorgeous look! i've been sporting barely-there makeup for a while now, too. i save so much time!

Danitza said...

I love the lipstick and the make up all is so easy and it looks very good on you =) Thanks for sharing it today :D

GiGi said...

Girl- You you always make it look s good & easy! I love the look!

home.garden.living said...

great look :]

lindah said...

woo! Looks really pretty :) Good luck with getting your hawaii ready body! LOL, I need to work on mine :P

KRYSTAL said...

gorgeous!! love the look!

Jamilla Camel said...

This is my fave look on you!!

XRocksmama said...

Great look!!! I love that you said "applying makeup is like riding a bicycle". It's so true :)

Katrina said...

Gorgeous!! I love the look! I still need to pick up some things from the collection! Im so excited, especially after seeing how the stuff looks on you!

Sofia said...

u look beautiful like always!!

Jéssy said...

I really love the yours Looks ! I want to learn to make a look like you do =)

And a late HAPPY BIRTHDAY .. I was a little busy lately sorry =/

GS said...

Gorgeous as usual!!

aquaracer said...

oh, wow!!! this is so gorgeous. i love it!

Unknown said...

WOW Vanessa! So gorgeous and fierce!! I think I might do a Style Warrior FOTD for my 100th blog post on my blog!

madison817 said...

gorgeous and flawless!

Sharon said...

would like to get the brave new broze lipstick too!!!
Beautiful!

FuN and MakeUp said...

these colors look great on you!

are you gonna go to POW WOW dinner after imats tooo? ill be goin to dinner for sure but prob not imats... i really hope to meet you tho!!

AskMeWhats said...

this look is very pretty Nessa!!! I love this!

Ai said...

LOOVE the eye make up, Nessa! :)

donnarence said...

perfect!!

*~kAy~* said...

Pretty as always! <3

Airbrush Makeup said...

Eyes looks amazing, DO you use Airbrush makeup.

Elisa said...

I love the look! I wish you had taken more pictures, though.

*~kAy~* said...

Hi again Vanessa,

I just wanted to let you know that I thought you cute and your blog is so fun! :)
So I nominated you for "The Adorable Blog Award" on my blog :)

Lovevashares said...

LOOKIN GORGEOUS LIKE USUAL!!! LOVINNNNN IT A WHOLE LOT!!!! (8

Anonymous said...

Hi! I created a 2nd blog page called the " BEAUTY BLOG SALE DIRECTORY".

Since you have busy traffic on your site ,Would u be so kind to mention the blog sale directory blog onto your next upcoming posts and/or on your side bar so that we can establish a fabulous resource page? =))

It would be beneficial for all sellers looking to reach a higher traffic and for buyers because it will be a 1 stop resource to all known current blog sales goin on without having to go hunting around!

http://www.beautyblogsaledirectory.blogspot.com


=D

Miss Yaya said...

ooo hawaii plans :) i def have kept the face paint down due to the gym, but i still try to do up the eyes... have you tried any waterproof eyeshadows yet?

♡ Nic Nic ♡ said...

<3 it!

noone said...

oh it's nice I love it!!

STEPHANIE said...

nice!

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter