Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

IMATS 2009- Part 1 of 3 (PIC HEAVY!)

.



Hello ladies (and gents)! I have missed y'all dearly! I am on my last lap of my hectic schedule and come July I should be back to my blogging schedule where I at least post once a day. So I am slowly trying to get back into the groove of things, I haven't had internet access in about 3 or 4 days since I left my laptop at home and spent the weekend at the BF's mom's house so I was twittering from my phone, so sorry in advance for you ladies that have emailed me. (https://twitter.com/nessasarymakeup)

For last year's IMATS photos: CLICK HERE



Since I went picture crazy (as I was there for both days of the show), I am splitting IMATS into about 3 separate posts since there are tons to cover. I was part of "Press" so I tried to document as much as I could as if you ladies were there yourselves! So I will post my haul in my next post. I met some really awesome ladies- my blogger sisters and readers and it was SUCH A PLEASURE and an AWESOME experience meeting you all, and thanks to those that came up to say "Hello!". I finally met the gorgeous and talented Christine from Temptalia.com, Elessa (aka Pursebuzz) once again, as well as a few famous YouTubers like Sparkage, Judy, Fafinette (Aubrey) and Petrilude.

They are all so awesome as they are online and I was so excited to have met these wonderful people who share the same passion. I was sad I missed a few bloggers and friends such as Robyn from Purely Cosmetics, Linda from myprettypinkbox.com, as well as a few others. But I was happy to see the awesome gals i've hung out with before like Imee, Christiana, Jackie, and of course the readers! Bonnie and Ingrid you ladies are so sweet and I truly appreciate the wonderful gifts and it's such a pleasure to meet you Bonnie!

IMATS this year wasn't as good as last year's in my opinion. For some reason, as much as the venue itself seemed bigger, it felt much much smaller in the sense that not too many companies exhibited this time around, the economy perhaps??? Nonetheless, there were still some great deals to be snagged, such as Makeup Forever (MUFE) which gave 40% off all their products during the show, MAC PRO gave 20% off (they DID NOT give the MAC PRO cards without proper credentials anymore), and of course great deals on brushes galore.

I received a PRESS KIT goodie bag which I will post soon, but it had some awesome products I can't wait to try out. Unfortunately I got sick this past weekend, probably due to the fact that it was supposed to be sunny on Saturday but instead it was raining! So I wasn't dressed for the weather and now my head is stuffy so once I am in the makeup mood I'll play with 'em. I also have some new Purely Cosmetics goodies to share with you all as well soon!

They had a chalk festival across the street and it was SO INCREDIBLE how talented these people are, these art pieces were all done with pastels and chalk!

***IF ANY of you ladies have pics from the show, send 'em to me please!***

Anyways, here are some pics:











CLICK TO ENLARGE SOME OF THE PICS:














Me and Pursebuzz!




































Eve Pearl and Ingrid
































Maxi from "Blush"


Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics










35 comments

Natalie said...

Wow! Looks like great fun! All my favorite youtube bloggers in one place! So jealous!

Linda said...

WOW! So many good pictures! I had fun and wish I could have met you, too! =)

Ai said...

O_O look at them pigments! looks sooo much fun there! thnx for sharing the happiness with pics, Vanessa! :D

Jo said...

wow awesome pics vanessa! the zombie chick at the end is freaky i would've had a heart attack if i saw her lols

♥Leigh♥ said...

A lot of familiar faces! I cannot wait to see the 2nd and 3rd installment of your IMATS experience. This was huge! You all looked great! It's like taking pics with the celebrities. Hehe.Ü I'm sure y'all had tons of fun!

Jamilla Camel said...

I LOVE all the pics...you guys had so much fun!

The fake mucus and puss--lol!

Pau F said...

of all the beauty girls (and boy) that went to IMATS, it was your review and pics that I was looking forward to the most!!! you always post tooons of awesome pics! seems u guys had a blast, i wish i could have been there. oh well maybe next year!
thanks for all the awesome pics! love your sparkly glitter liner in the pics lol

ShakeupYourMakeup! said...

Wow! I am so jealous - what a fantastic time! And, it's so great you got to meet all the other lovely bloggers there, too! So fun!

Latinminx79 said...

Wow too cool you got to hang out with all the other bloggers/youtube gurus!!!! Did you get anything at IMATS, love to see if you did????

KillaCamilla said...

i can't believe I missed you! darnit! i might have to photoshop you into a pic with me :) lol! i had to leave right at 1pm to go back to check out of my hotel then go home to my baby daddy for father's day. I had to drive all the way back to the bay. exhausting but soooooo worth it! i loved seeing everything and everyone!

Tammy said...

Thank you for all of the pictures!!! All of you ladies are so beautiful. =)

e said...

Love all the pics! It looks like so much fun.

I have to ask Vanessa, how tall are you? You look taller than all the people you're with, or is everyone else just really short? : )

Krasey Beauty said...

I am thoroughly enjoying these imat posts, thanks for going pic crazy ;) Kind of like I was at The Makeup Show NYC, haha!

Vanessa said...

Hi E- Thanks for the comment! I am 5'6" but I was also wearing some wedges which added to my height! LOL I am not a giant I swear! haha. But I am usually taller than most of my friends. :(

Burnette said...

awww..i totally missed seeing you at the show. super sad :( i'm glad you had fun and hope you feel better from your head cold.

Lali Amora Beauty Blog said...

Thank you so much for posting these, you always have the best IMATS pics ever :) Can't wait for part 2 & 3! Also, in this one pic you have of pursebuzz at a makeup counter (looks like it is OCC counter) she is doing a very naughty germ thing, licking her finger.. yikes! She has to be careful esp. with swine flu and all :/
Other than that, you have great pics! The more the better! :)

Iyah Love said...

aww! We didnt get to have pics together X( It was nice meeting you there!!!

kathy said...

wow how fun! all the beauty bloggers and youtube gurus in one place. I am definately going to IMATS next year.

Katrina said...

Ugh Im so jealous of your west coast girls!! I loved your pics with the other blogger and YT beauties! You all looked so glamorous and beautiful! I wish so badly I could have gone to IMATS :( hehe maybe next year! Im so glad that you had a great time there, it really looks like an amazing event!

Unknown said...

I thought my camera was just weird, but that ghost girl really does have an aura around her!

anyway, always great seeing ya... I actually don't live in Tia & Jackie's area, I'm a Valley girrrl.

Oh how I wish I could have met Pursebuzz & Petrilude =/ All good, we gotta hang again soon, somewhere we can't be distracted by makeup or the makeup mob!

ritaliator said...

I saw you and Judy walking around at IMATS on Saturday, but I was too chicken to come up and say hi =T.

KRYSTAL said...

wow looks like you ladies had fuuuuuun! love the picss. =]

sssdawna said...

great pics! i love the last one lol

Shop N' Chomp said...

OMG, the pics! Thank u for sharing them with us!

RamblingRose26 said...

Amazing pictures Vanessa. It's very nice that the youtube/blogger makeup gurus get along (:

And, gotta love your smile standing next to the zombie girl!

Stephie said...

omg that looks like sooo much fun! i wish i was still in the LA area! i've already told mike that he and i are going to go there next year. y'all look great!

Bombchell said...

wow imats is no joke

Miss Yaya said...

the MAC model's design is awesome

i know most of you blogger/youtube gals - i feel like a stalker!

Anonymous said...

That Zombie chick is me :)
i had fun at imats it was my first time,
im glad most thought i was pretty cool :)

Rivs said...

i can't believe i missed out on attending IMATS this year. my fault as i took your word in previous posts that it wasn't open to the general public. i should have done more research. those are pretty cool pics you took tho.

Rivs said...

this year's IMATS was open to the public..i remembered that you posted in the previous year that it was only for peeps in the makeup industry...guess they changed that or something.

Vanessa said...

Hi, I didn't say that IMATS was closed to the public, if you look at my original post of the show from last year, I never mentioned that, I was comparing other shoes such as IECSC show, Cosmoprof, etc where THOSE shows require some proof you are in the industry. I even went on to say that at IMATS last year they gave out MAC PRO cards without documentation although they changed THAT this year where you MUST have documentation to get one but IMATS has always been opened to the public.

Vanessa said...

*shows

theenewblack said...

Oh gosh that picture of Cjay and I is such a funny memory because I remember we hella bombarded you and Aubrey. We felt really guilty after but knew we HAD too.. we're glad we did because you both were really cool about it. Thanks again!

beautyparler said...

Wow! Great post & pics. Its nice to put faces to some of the bloggers:)
Also, great site & pop in some time
www.beautyparler.ca

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter