Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Friday, June 12, 2009

Reader Questions:

.

I am going to Vegas this weekend to cover the IECSC makeup, hair and nail show! So of course I will be bringing you gals back some photos and info on new companies! In the meantime here are some reader questions!

Q: Where did you get your black rose ring? (from the booze cruise post)
A: I usually get all my rings from either Forever21 or Wetseal, they have the cutest rings!

Q: What is the difference between the $10 IMATS ticket and the $35 one?

A: The $10 ticket is just for the Exhibit Floor, meaning you can go around and buy products from the booths (the people exhibiting), the $35 ticket includes the Exhibit Floor, lectures, classes and keynote speakers so you can learn more about various topics that you may want to learn more about such as airbrush makeup, mineral makeup, or special fx makeup.

Q: I swear this blog is becoming nessasarytwilightnews.com.... im just not a fan of twilight so im annoyed at the lack of makeup :(

A: You are more than welcome to read other makeup blogs or start your own. This is my own personal blog that is not solely about makeup but other random things that appeal to me and because I have been so busy lately with my job as well as other things going on, I haven't really played with makeup, hence I am blogging about other things to fill up the time until I do have more time to get back into it. Blogging about a cake or a fundraiser for a good cause isn't a big deal, so just relax. You can't please everybody!

Q: Do you have to be a MAC Pro member to buy an empty pan palette?
A: No, you do NOT have to be a mac pro member to buy the empty eyeshadow or blush palettes, or the refills that go into it. Simply walk into any freestanding MAC store and ask for them and they will sell it to you.

Q: How long does it take to apply your makeup?
A: It varies, if I do a quick look i've done before it can take 15 minutes, a natural look (like just mascara or eyeliner) takes less than 10 minutes, if I am doing a more intricate look with more colors or whatnot, or just experimenting it takes me much longer, like an hour!

Q: What's your favorite face primer?
A: Right now I am using two, MAC Skin + Base Primer which feels more like a primer and comes in a small black bottle, and then I am using the Korres Primer which I also like because it just feels like a moisturizer and glides on better then feels like a primer. I also love the lemon scent it has!

18 comments

♥ Guida said...

Well, hmmm, black rose rings rock and I think I won't buy any, I think I'll do mine with FIMO clay. It can't be hard!

Kisses from Lisbon

A. Rose said...

have fun in vegas!~ i'll be going there in a few weeks and i'm so excited! any suggestions?

and thank you for taking the time to answer questions!

Anonymous said...

I actually really like the life-related posts. I think it helps us readers get to know you better. =) Btw, thanks for all the great makeup tips over the months. Looove your blog!

Anabel said...

Hi nessa!!! I really love your blog! This is the first time I write here!

I hope you have fun in Vegas! I love make up and twilight so I love you blog lol

You have a big fan in Spain :D if you want to come to Barcelona, just tell me and I'll be your guide ;)


XOXO

Vanessa said...

A.Rose- You must check out the CCO at the premium outlets and of course the MAC PRO store in Caesar's Palace!

Angela- Thanks! It's nice to hear feedback and input whether it be good or bad, I mean I can talk about makeup all day but I think that gets rather boring....

Vanessa said...

"lol okay that question of mine about twilight wasn't even meant to be offensive it was just a joke... lighten up :)"

A: Ummm yeah that was SUCH a joke I was laughing....I think YOU need to lighten up I don't really care if you are annoyed that it's Twilight related or whatever related, like I said you are more than welcome to read other blogs. :)

hi said...

Aww no one ever uses these cute emoticons! :i:

Unknown said...

i love twilight and i don't have a problem with it! even if i didn't like it, i wouldn't complain about your blog because it's not like i'm paying to come here everytime ya post something. some people are..rude!

Anonymous said...

people stop overreacting please, i wasn't trying to start anything! i was just saying i miss the makeup because i love vanessa's looks. if the slightest bit of negativity comes by you don't need to freak, i wasn't trying to do anything or offend you in anyway. so if i did, which i probably have, i apologize.

Emilita said...

re: too much Twilight...I am also someone living under a rock who's never read/seen Twilight (perhaps good, since the last thing I need is to catch that R. Pattinson love bug lol), but I'm glad to see you standing up for your blog! It's absolutely your space to write about whatever *you* feel like. So keep doing what you're doing. As a non-Twilight fan I still stick around to see what else you've got going on to share with us readers...wow, people need to chill out!

Unknown said...

hey there beautiful! I was just wondering if you had a suggestion to a little makeup problem of mine. I cant wear many listicks or glosses beacuse every color i wear the redness of my lips shine through and i never like the way it makes whatever color i used look. It always to redish. Ive tried the " foundation on my lips" but it cakes up on my lips and looks terrible. Any suggestions that will let me wear lipstick of all colors?
Thank You
Laura apcrose87@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

When I see a Twilight post I kind of say "ugh, not again" only because I have no interest in that franchise what so ever. But that being said, I like seeing people getting excited over stuff they have passions for and all the little stories you write are fun reads. If I had a blog it would be 50% makeup and 50% NHL/NFL and if someone had a problem they just have to click it off their computer. So while I mainly come for the awesome makeup tips and info, cheers to Twilight as well.

Miss Yaya said...

i think you've been bewitched by robert/edward and it will wear off eventually lmao - no matter

the mac pro palettes and pans are now on sale on the reg website btw - how exciting right?

Anonymous said...

Hey, Can you tell me if I want to get a free mac pro card @ IMATS do i have to buy the $35 ticket which allows access to the lectures
& keynotes? I just want to shop..and be able to go around all the booths and also get the free mac pro card. Will I be able to do that with the cheaper ticket?

Unknown said...

Hey the stuff that you have managed to put together is awesome and very hep and stylish.I prefer the nude look though...I love dark lipsticks also...do you think nude look can also be followed through the evenings?

Unknown said...

Great post...hep and stylist products and real good nails here.

Natural Cosmetics

Vanessa said...

qtpiggy1- If pursebuzz's site is so much better than stop leaving your stupid immature comments on my blog and read hers, she is very talented and her blog is way better, so I suggest you stay on there. :)

How to make money online free said...

Love your blog ..its the best ..i read it like all the time keep us updated..You actually inspired me to make my own..let me know what you think =) JGSReviews.net

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter