Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Sunday, May 15, 2011

NYX Haul...and bull riding!

.


Sorry for the lack of posts this week, blogger was down, and I was sore due to "bull riding"... our boss surprised us with a trip to Universal Studios on Wednesday for Employee Appreciation Day, and it was fun! It was so nice of him to do that for the company's 10 year anniversary! We had lunch at Saddle Ranch restaurant, which has a mechanical bull, and I never rode a mechanical bull before so I had to try it! And all I can say is that it's my first and last time LOL. As I write this, I still have 2 big bruises on my legs and my right arm still hurts. :(

I got my dinosaur hoodie featured in the video from Hot Topic, I had a lot of questions about where I got it from so thought i'd mention it on here as well....I got it months ago so it may or may not still be on their website.

And I got eaten by a shark.... :)
Anyway, I ordered a few things from Cherryculture.com when they had their NYX sale, 50% off select items, and thought i'd swatch all of the NYX Lip Liners I own so far, I love how pigmented they are not to mention 10 times cheaper than MAC lip liners and other high-end brands (it's pencil people!)

I also got their Black Label lipstick in "Cancun Pink" (I loved their other shade "Dusty Rose" too!), and their round lipstick in "Snow White". It looks really, really dark in the tube but it comes out a nice perfect red! Let me know if you want me to compare these to other pink and red lipsticks I own, and I will be happy to! :)

I also got their nailpolish in "Dolly Pink" which is a gorgeous color and their jumbo eye pencil in "Milk" to use as a base on some eyeshadows. The lipgloss is NYX's "Beige", which is one of my favorite glosses and had to restock.

[CLICK TO ENLARGE]

13 comments

Katrina said...

Ur jacket looks so cuteee a dinosaur riding a bull lol. I laughed at the middle of the video lol it looks so hard to ride the bull i felt like u were about to break ur spine. And ur nyx haul makes me want to buy more nyx products! I love the nail polish u got!

나니 said...

Both lippies look freaking GORGEOUS on you!
Please do an update of the quality of the polish when you've worn it for a while.. I wanna know how the long-lastingness is : D

TINA said...

love your picks, the colors are lovely, snow white is def my favorite lipstick from NYX.

Sofia said...

you did great on the bull...u got pretty stuffies....what l/g did u get..I really like Cancun Pink!!

emmabovary said...

Oh I really want the NYX pencil in milk, looks so useful! Love the lipsticks on you.

Anonymous said...

Bull riding seems so fun & nice haul!

Unknown said...

Your jacket is so cute!! NYX JEP in Milk is awesome! I am addicted to their Mega Shine Lipglosses and I got them in Sunshine and Nude Peach.

♥ Ms. Kendall ♥ said...

Girl.... I did that one and I will NEVER touch a mechanical bull EVER again. My thighs burn just thinking about it!
XoXo

Issa said...

what an exciting experience on the bull ride! and i love snow white on you! :)

Confessions Of a Makeup Addict said...

Love the colors ... And Yes NYX way much cheaper than mac...

PiercedPikachu said...

Nyx has my heart! ^_^ very affordable and i can find it easily here in the Bronx!

http://piercedpikachu.blogspot.com/

PiercedPikachu said...

btw: u look EPIC in red lips!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Vanessa,

Nice bull riding video!

We recently made a list of the best lip gloss over at Ranker, and I wanted to find some expert opinions on how we did. I found your blog, and I noticed we didn't have any NYX gloss in our list. Wanted to know if you thought we should have included it!

Check out our list here: http://www.ranker.com/list/best-lip-gloss/makeup-tips

Thanks for your feedback!

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter