Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Monday, May 2, 2011

NuMe Style Vintage Flat Iron...that also curls!

.

I had the wonderful opportunity to review the NuMe Style Vintage (Limited Edition) Flat Iron ($275) from NuMeStyle.com. I love that it's not only hot pink, but it straightens and curls your hair. This flat iron is a little over an inch. It has rounded edges that encompasses the tourmaline ceramic plates, to help give you a nice curl. My old flat iron had a bit of a square edge so it was hard to curl with it.

Years ago, I never would dream to spend over $50 on a hot hair tool, but I can definitely see a difference with certain brands, and sometimes it's just worth the investment of knowing you are not damaging your hair and you have something that will last you a really long time. I had the Conair Wet/Dry flat iron, Revlon Curling Irons, etc. and they never super straightened my hair or give me the long lasting curl I was looking for, and there were times I had curling irons that just broke after awhile. It took my fiance having to get me an Enzo Clipless Curling Iron to realize that with certain things- you get what you paid for. And if you love your hair, you definitely want the best for it.

So I am glad I was able to try this out because finally, I only need to take ONE hair tool when I travel, since it straightens and curls. My sister has to plug in a curling iron AND a hair straightener when she does her hair, and you just need one- this one.

The best part? It comes with a 3 year warranty and my hair was still just as curly even the day after I curled it!

From their website: Using pure ceramic plates ensures even distribution, eliminating the hot spots and chipping associated with conventional irons. Our tourmaline ceramic plates emit negative ions which seals moisture in the hair cuticle keeping your hair shiny, healthy and silky smooth.

- Negative Ion Technology reduces static and frizz for shinier, more manageable hair Rounded Barrels create curls or flips your hair

- Heats up with in seconds

- Built-in converter handles dual voltage from 110v to 240v (you must purchase the country's proper plug adapter separately) Temperature: 410 degrees F

- Ergonomic design is easy to hold, handle and manipulate

PROS:
- It does heat up pretty fast, the red light turns green when it's ready
- The cord swivels at the base, so you don't need to worry about it falling, or getting tangled in things
- The rounded edges helps give you a nice, long-lasting (and shiny!) curl
- It's a little over an inch in barrel size, to give the perfect sized curl, and it's easy to hold
- Can use it when traveling in other countries
- Can use it to flip your hair (like if you have layers), make loose beachy waves, or tighter curls
- Straightens fast and easy
- My curls lasted even the day after I curled it

CONS:
- Does not come with a heat protection glove, pouch or a stand like some hair appliances do
- Can get really hot (like all hair applicances) so be careful
- This particular color is Limited Edition

Overall: This is a pretty good flat iron for me; I hardly do anything with my hair during the week other than straightening it, so I like that this does the job really fast, it straightens my hair in one pass, and I like that I can curl with it too, make flips to my hair, etc. The rounded edges are a major plus, it helps avoid that 'L'-shaped curl and give you nice soft, bouncy curls. You can make beachy waves or round ringlets. I recommend if you straighten and/or curl all the time, and you are looking for a high-end quality flat iron that will last you a very long time. If you wanna see how I used it, and see the kind of curl it made, watch the video below. :)

Disclaimer: All product reviews and honest opinions on this site are solely that of my own and I am not endorsed, affiliated, or paid for this review unless otherwise specified. This product was given for review consideration by www.numestyle.com.

*wearing OCC Lip Tar in "Anime"*

5 comments

Pau F said...

love that your lippie matches the iron's color. I must say I love my Sedu and I'd never think of changing it :) but this does look as a promising iron!

miemiemie said...

its such a pretty iron! hot pink! :)

Jess said...

amazing review! ur hair looks beautiful and anime is sooo HOT on u!

Issa said...

i love the color too!!! and it does give nice curls! :)

ThePinkMargarita ♚ said...

thanks for sharing! :) i'm really having a hard time using the flat iron to create curls. but i'll follow the technique you used :)

much love,
http://thepinkmargarita.blogspot.com/

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter