Recent Posts

Upcoming Posts

  • Concealer & Foundation Tutorials
  • Sigma MaxBag Makeup Bag
  • My HG Concealers
  • Mixing Foundations
  • What's in my makeup box

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Prod. Review: YSL Flash Radiance Brush

.

Product: 4 out of 5
Packaging: 5 out of 5
Quality: 5 out of 5
Overall: 4 out of 5
Where to buy: Sephora, Bloomingdales, Nordstroms, or any YSL retailer.
Price: $52
Would I buy again? Yes

What it is:
A skin revitalizing complexion enhancer and makeup primer.

What they say:
Top Secrets Flash Radiance Skincare Brush is Yves Saint Laurent's latest breakthrough product and the first of its kind. Inspired by the immediate and high-stress beauty needs backstage at fashion shows, this unique hybrid skincare and makeup product provides instant smoothness and radiance in addition to long-lasting evenness of skin's tone, texture, and hydration. It delivers a multitude of benefits. It revitalizes and softens the skin, erases signs of fatigue, and regulates the skin's pigmentation. This revolutionary formula creates a protective, moisturizing veil that sets the stage for a perfect, long-lasting makeup application.

In a nutshell: It's a primer in a built in brush which makes it easy to apply without having to use your fingers or hands to apply, you can also gently clean the brush with soap and water as it's synthetic. You twist the base of the brush (so it's on its side) to turn it "ON" and turn it back to turn it "OFF" so that it doesn't accidentally leak out. Just squeeze and the primer comes out from the middle of the brush, and apply on your face.

PROS:
- A really great primer, it totally made my face feel soft and smooth, thus creating a perfect, even canvas for makeup application (both mineral and liquid).
- Helps makeup last longer, and it didn't make me look oily like Smashbox's primer did.
- Built in brush comes in handy and makes it easy to travel with. I like how I can just apply it using the brush which probably helps prevent pimples since it eliminates the need to use your hands that have oils.
- Has a lot of product.

CONS:
- Super expensive! $52 for a primer is a bit ridiculous to me! But then again, it's YSL and we all know at times your just paying for the name...
- The smell! It's not a bad smell, it's just a bit too fragrant for me, like an overpowering perfume. I really wish they made one, or at least in the future make one without any scent or at least a much lighter scent. Because it annoying after awhile and I just couldn't get used to it.

Overall:
It's a good primer, I haven't tried too many primers that made my skin feel so soft and smooth, and with the YSL primer my makeup went on smooth and flawless. Application is easy and you don't need to squeeze hard for the product to come out, and the brush makes it easy to apply the primer on your face. It seems like there's enough to last awhile since you don't need a whole lot.









22 comments

Ragrunzel said...

Haha, I always have to touch the brush if I come across an YSL counter, because it's so wonderfully soft. After your review I'm nearly forced to try the whole thing out!

GurlOnA"Diet" said...

wow that IS pricey! but i'm lemming now...lol

♥akisa♥ said...

hi there, I just found your blog today! I love the name your blog.. makeup is totally necessary! haha..the YSL radiance brush looks interesting!

Anonymous said...

that's expensive for a primer for sure. and imagine the amount we go through for each application. lol

and when you said SMELL, it killed my lemming immediately. i so hate smelly products!

Anonymous said...

Probably too expensive for me, but I'm looking for a new primer so I may look into it. Thanks for the great review!

Anonymous said...

This is probably too expensive for me, but I am looking for a new primer so I may look into it. Thanks for the great review!

Shop N' Chomp said...

I have been wondering about this product. Thank you for the review! :)

PinkChopstick said...

hmm i dont know products taht have brushes attached scare me. lol

Mai said...

Do you like this one better than makeup forevers purple primer?

Unknown said...

off topic, but cute nails!

Mai said...

Do you like this primer better than make up forevers purple one?

MakeupByRenRen said...

ohhhh how luxurious! i've never tried anything from YSL cuz i'm a cheapo! i'm leaving for cali in a few hours, wish you lived near san francisco so we could finally meet!

Vanessa said...

vinyliskillingme- As a beauty blogger, I don't isolate the demographic and review just "cheap products", just because there are expensive products, to some people it's worth it if it does the job. So to say that I am the "stupidest person on earth to buy expensive products" is your opinion, I am pretty sure if you do your research you will see that I am not the only one that buys "expensive" beauty products. Also, there is such thing as a return policy.

sanniet said...

interesting primer with a brush o_O sounds good though but way too pricey!

Cupcake Heart said...

innovative! the bristles look real soft too. what will they come out with next?

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

ooh, innovative! the bristles look so soft. what will they come out with next?

MK said...

ah, im not too fond of the strong perfume smell either. i really hope they will make one without a perfume smell to it cause i was already considering on buying it til i read the cons. =(

Anonymous said...

The primer sounds interesting but it's way too pricy! And I don't really like strong smells in cosametics either.

Soapaholic said...

OOOOH it's so prettyyy.. :O

Maria Elizabeth said...

That looks like a really nice primer! If only it wasn't so expensive. Darn those tempting yet pricey products, haha. Tagged you on my blog by the way!

sparklingpinkgorilla said...

I've been thinking about putting my primer on with my foundation brush instead of my fingers. does anyone else do this?

Anonymous said...

I bought this today and like it so far, but I read on another blog that a lot of people think it makes their skin greasy.. i hope not! at least winter is coming and it will be a good moisturizer as well.

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

NessasaryMakeup.com Copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved. Info written and labeled pictures are property of NessasaryMakeup.com
free hit counter